+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

Nikhil3382

Feb 29, 2020
Dear All

I have an approved GTS LMIA and done with my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for closed work permit outside Canada from India.
The Application shows under processing due to the current circumstances of Covid-19.

Has anyone received work permit approval recently when applied for closed work permit during time frame of Feb-March.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I am in the same situation.. I applied online for GTS with approved LMIA from Singapore on 29th March.. along with upfront medical and police certificates.. still no update.. It shows up as processing..

Any GTS visa approval recently??

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Dear All

I have an approved GTS LMIA and done with my biometrics on 9th March 2020 for closed work permit outside Canada from India.
The Application shows under processing due to the current circumstances of Covid-19.

Has anyone received work permit approval recently when applied for closed work permit during time frame of Feb-March.
Hi did you receive your Biometric validity correspondence letter? I too applied closed work permit in February.

nixon2020

Jun 3, 2020
I applied online for closed work permit as an outland applicant residing in Johannesburg, South Africa on the 1st of February 2020 and completed Biometrics on 4th of February 2020. I saw 2 ghost profile updates about 2 weeks ago. The only thing that changed is Review of Medical Results which currently displays "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam". I did not do any upfront medical exam and I have not even received any request to go for medical exam. Is there anyone in the same situation as myself ?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
Dear All

Almost the same. I finished the delayed biometric collection in middle on March after I got the LMIA. My employer is helping me to submit the application in Canada. Still waiting outside of Canada. Any one in the same situation could you please share here?

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I submitted GTS application online on April 29th, 2020 with LMIA , upfront medical, biometric, and all required documents. I haven't received approval yet.. I raised IRCC Webform , and I received this:

"Your enquiry has been received. Please be advised that due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing temporary resident applications if the work duties are identified as meeting the definition of an essential service or function. Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible once regular processing resumes "

I applied GTS online from Singapore in which VAC Singapore is still closed... Does anyone know when regular processing resumes?

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
I submitted GTS application online on April 29th, 2020 with LMIA , upfront medical, biometric, and all required documents. I haven't received approval yet.. I raised IRCC Webform , and I received this:

"Your enquiry has been received. Please be advised that due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are only processing temporary resident applications if the work duties are identified as meeting the definition of an essential service or function. Your application will be reviewed as soon as possible once regular processing resumes "

I applied GTS online from Singapore in which VAC Singapore is still closed... Does anyone know when regular processing resumes?
I guess it is a bad news that all non-essential service application is not processed by now... and don't worry. We submit in March and are still waiting.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Canada resumes temporary visa processing today, June 9th. What does that mean for those has applied GTS visa and still waiting? Should I send an email to somewhere to expedite the processing?

As mentioned, I applied GTS online on April 29th with all required and upfront documents. Please let me know if I should email to somewhere to ensure my visa is prioritized or will be processed faster.

Reactions: juel7380

ifaint

Jun 7, 2020
Canada resumes temporary visa processing today, June 9th. What does that mean for those has applied GTS visa and still waiting? Should I send an email to somewhere to expedite the processing?

As mentioned, I applied GTS online on April 29th with all required and upfront documents. Please let me know if I should email to somewhere to ensure my visa is prioritized or will be processed faster.
How do you know that? Resume all work permit today? What is the source?