+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
ok Based on that logic visa will expire earlier then work permit .
It works in a different way. For the first time, usually WP is issued at POE with validity same as visa validity (or passport expiry whichever is earlier). Then after the WP extension, visa is stamped with validity same as extended WP validity (or passport expiry whichever is earlier).

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Pls share your timeline.. I have applied in March 20 but still there is no update
WP application: April 2020
Additional doc and medical request: Sep 20th 2020
Medical passed Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 21,2020
BVL Oct end
PPR Jan 10th 2021

Sent passport to VFS at IRCC for processing 20th Jan.

Hope this helps. if should try to call them and ask them the status if they can help to put some notes, order GCMS.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
hi good day
november 9 submitted application
november 26 biometrics done
december 21 medical request
january 5 medical passed

status is checking of eligibility and background check,
im applying for work permit with LMIA what do you think how long should i wait for PPR thanks

dhina85

Nov 12, 2020
WP application: April 2020
Additional doc and medical request: Sep 20th 2020
Medical passed Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 21,2020
BVL Oct end
PPR Jan 10th 2021

Sent passport to VFS at IRCC for processing 20th Jan.

Hope this helps. if should try to call them and ask them the status if they can help to put some notes, order GCMS.
Can you tell me which number to call them from india. I am also waiting since March and as per gcms , application is approved

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
On Dec 19th 2020 I have raised a webform requesting below details and today I have received below response to that webform request

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility verification is currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

But GCMS notes generated on Dec 14th 2020 is showing as passed

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final: Approved
Counterfoil Req: Y

I don't understand why there is a difference. Do I need to look for anything else in GCMS notes?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hello all,
Need an advice I am on work permit in Canada.
Applying for Open work permit for my wife & visitor visa for my child as he is just 1 year old.

So, my doubt is which visa type option should i select while filling the questionnaire for my child of 1 year old.
Visit - all other types
Or
Visit - Tourism

Thanks in advance.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
The appropriate is Visit -all types,as i chose same for child of that age range.
Also applying at the moment.To ask I see in applying for spouse open work permitted, there is a section purpose of visit where you are requested to upload relevant document (like requesting for flight ticket/medical).do you have an idea of what is required as I feel the purpose of visit is already work permit.
Hello all,
Need an advice I am on work permit in Canada.
Applying for Open work permit for my wife & visitor visa for my child as he is just 1 year old.

So, my doubt is which visa type option should i select while filling the questionnaire for my child of 1 year old.
Visit - all other types
Or
Visit - Tourism

Thanks in advance.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hello all,
Please advise,
For work permit application isn it necessary to include
Poof of funds -lIke bank statements
Landed properties?
What should be included in the LOE (Client information area)?
Please can any one help on how to get the IRCC IMM application forms, tried severally but blank page appears even after downloading Adobe Reader.Thanks.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hello all,
Please advise,
For work permit application isn it necessary to include
Poof of funds -lIke bank statements
Landed properties?
What should be included in the LOE (Client information area)?
Please can any one help on how to get the IRCC IMM application forms, tried severally but blank page appears even after downloading Adobe Reader.Thanks.
It depends on what type of work permit you are applying. It is always advised to include bank statements and net wealth report from a certified Chartered Accountant with documentary evidence to support your application.

Client Information Area is an optional thing and if you want to include anything extra information/document to support your application which you couldn't upload in other mandatory fields, then you can upload in this field.

You need to download the forms and open it from the folder in which you have downaloded. If you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and trying to open by clicking in the bar, it won't open successfully because the forms contain digital certificates which need to be verified while opening the form. Therefore, I suggest you to download and open from the folder where you have downloaded by double cliclking on the form with having Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
It depends on what type of work permit you are applying. It is always advised to include bank statements and net wealth report from a certified Chartered Accountant with documentary evidence to support your application.

Client Information Area is an optional thing and if you want to include anything extra information/document to support your application which you couldn't upload in other mandatory fields, then you can upload in this field.

You need to download the forms and open it from the folder in which you have downaloded. If you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and trying to open by clicking in the bar, it won't open successfully because the forms contain digital certificates which need to be verified while opening the form. Therefore, I suggest you to download and open from the folder where you have downloaded by double cliclking on the form with having Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.

I hope it helps.
I have a query. What do we show for proof of funds for Open work permit of a spouse with work permit in Canada.

Do we only show bank statement of 6 continuous months or should we get a letter from Bank manager showing money in account?

Thanks in advance.

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
I have a query. What do we show for proof of funds for Open work permit of a spouse with work permit in Canada.

Do we only show bank statement of 6 continuous months or should we get a letter from Bank manager showing money in account?

Thanks in advance.

You need to attach bank statement for the last three months minimum duly attested by bank official alongwith stamp.

As i previously said, Net Wealth Report is always advised to put more weigh on your financials.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: arunesh.vikram

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks it helps.its LMIA EXEMPT via International mobility pathway (francophone mobility) work permit.

I hope it helps.

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
Has anyone applied for work permit under Global talent stream(gts) category recently from India with approved LMIA. My question is:-
1. How much time did it take to get positive LMIA?
2. How much time did it take to get work permit approved?