+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

VMK

Jun 28, 2013
Hi All,

Today I visited New York Consulate in Person and here is my experience.

In the building you will be asked the reason for you to be there. Mine case i told them i am waiting for past 75 days and would like to see urgent processing can be done as my Visa in USA expires in 5 days. So they gave me urgent processing form and token. My number came and they did not consider my urgent request form as my application submission date (April 19th) is 25 days behind as per their current processing time in New York. Currently they are processing applications received on March 23th, 2013.

After 40 minutes she called me back with the reason this cannot be processed on urgent basis and gave me my passports. So guys i am leaving...all the best to you all.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
Hi all,

thanks to everyone sharing updates on their situation. My application was submitted mid May, and end of last week I received a response to my email query saying

"application is in queue for assessment"

It appears that they have started doing something about it, though clearly there are people who applied much earlier than I did and have not received such a message (at least that's the impression I get from reading the posts here). Does anyone have an estimate how much time it takes between "in queue for assessment" and the actual decision?

I guess the take home message from this ordeal is: make sure you apply online, because that way at least your passport stays with you. Presumably, even if you need to leave the US for a third country before the decision is made, you won't need to terminate the processing of the application...

VMK: I am confused by what you wrote -- it seems to suggest that urgent processing cannot be done if your application was submitted after the date they are currently finalizing. This undermines the whole point of "urgent processing" -- I guess we should just conclude that the fact your US visa is expiring is a not a good enough reason for them to warrant urgent processing?

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
VMK said:
Hi All,

In the building you will be asked the reason for you to be there. Mine case i told them i am waiting for past 75 days and would like to see urgent processing can be done as my Visa in USA expires in 5 days. So they gave me urgent processing form and token. My number came and they did not consider my urgent request form as my application submission date (April 19th) is 25 days behind as per their current processing time in New York. Currently they are processing applications received on March 23th, 2013.

After 40 minutes she called me back with the reason this cannot be processed on urgent basis and gave me my passports. So guys i am leaving...all the best to you all.
Sorry to hear your story, and appreciate you sharing this with us. Best of luck for everything!

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
VMK said:
Hi All,

Sry to hear about your withdrawal .

Did u get any updates/info abt the strike .

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
brahem said:
Hi all,

thanks to everyone sharing updates on their situation. My application was submitted mid May, and end of last week I received a response to my email query saying

"application is in queue for assessment"

It appears that they have started doing something about it, though clearly there are people who applied much earlier than I did and have not received such a message (at least that's the impression I get from reading the posts here). Does anyone have an estimate how much time it takes between "in queue for assessment" and the actual decision?

I guess the take home message from this ordeal is: make sure you apply online, because that way at least your passport stays with you. Presumably, even if you need to leave the US for a third country before the decision is made, you won't need to terminate the processing of the application...

VMK: I am confused by what you wrote -- it seems to suggest that urgent processing cannot be done if your application was submitted after the date they are currently finalizing. This undermines the whole point of "urgent processing" -- I guess we should just conclude that the fact your US visa is expiring is a not a good enough reason for them to warrant urgent processing?
I think "in queue for assessment" means that they have received it, but has not done anything to it: they know it is sitting there waiting for its turn. So it is really not any predictor of processing time.

For urgent processing, I have applied for TRV before, and the security guard of the consulate told me in person that unless someone in your immediate family is dying in Canada, it is not considered urgent.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
acmd said:
Good news!!! I got my passport request!!!! Am so happy!!!! keep tight your will too!!
Great News acmd . Thanks for sharing .

Keep us posted on the passport stamping too. have you decided on the consulate yet , whether NYC or LA?

VMK

Jun 28, 2013
They will be considering the urgent request forms only for the people that are in 3 to 4 days behind with their current processing dates...OR is there any emergency in your family members...Currently they are working on applications received on March 23...

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
acmd said:
Good news!!! I got my passport request!!!! Am so happy!!!! keep tight your will too!!
Congrats! Looks like they have been working on the Mar 23 applications for the whole past week...

ehero

Jul 3, 2013
acmd said:
Congratulation!

@acmd Could you tell us more information about the passport request? Have they also requested medical exam and police certificate before?

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi

acmd great news!!!!you give us a hope!!!so happy for you,Congratulation!!!
it was a very long wait.Hope all the End March applicant's to have some news soon!!

VMK

Jun 28, 2013
Hey Hi all,

Is there any idea what are the current processing timings in Delhi, India...