+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NY Consulate for 2014

flowerfly

Jul 1, 2014
I applied my work permit online on May 11th, and today is July 5th. I am still waiting for update. No any message from CIC in my account yet. How about you? When did you submit your application?

flowerfly

Jul 1, 2014
I got a message from CIC that there is an updated message for me, however, I didn't see any message in my profile. What is the problem? Any one has similar issues?

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
what is the address to send the passport to the NYC consulate? i have applied online through CIC for a work permit, and they've asked for my passport now. the page they refered to in their email (http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#U) shows the address to send my passport is

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017

which is a VAC and not the consulate itself. i remember for my first work permit, i sent it directly to the consulate and not to any VAC. did that process change at some point and now all passports should be sent to the NYC VAC (as opposed to the consulate), even though i haven't used the VAC to apply (but used MyCIC online)?

thanks...

newbie233

Jul 5, 2014
Yes, they reopened the NYC VAC just last month.

Can you share when you first filed the online application? thanks!

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
my first work permit application was in the summer of 2013 (last year). i had used MyCIC and, when asked to submit my passport, mailed it to the NYC consulate directly (and not to the VAC). this time (application filed in May 2014), however, according to the information in the CIC webpage (see my previous post), the address i have to send the passport to is the VAC's and not the consulate's. this is the case even though i have applied for my work permit directly through MyCIC and have not used the VAC at all. so my question was whether i would really have to send my passport to the VAC even though i haven't applied through the VAC. has anybody gone through something similar?

newbie233

Jul 5, 2014
there was somebody else in another thread who did the same.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/time-after-sending-passport-for-online-application-canada-visitor-visa-t140792.90.html

when in May did you file the online application? (just want to see if I should be expecting an email soon too) thank you.

Jun 5, 2014
I sent my passport here
IMMIGRATION SECTION
Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
10020 United States of America

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
newbie233 said:
there was somebody else in another thread who did the same.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/time-after-sending-passport-for-online-application-canada-visitor-visa-t140792.90.html

when in May did you file the online application? (just want to see if I should be expecting an email soon too) thank you.
very last day of May.

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
happybrownskin said:
I sent my passport here
IMMIGRATION SECTION
Consulate General of Canada in New York
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
10020 United States of America
when did you send yours? and was there a reason you sent your passport directly to the NYC consulate rather than to the VAC? the instructions on their webpage clearly says that it should be sent to the VAC.

newbie233

Jul 5, 2014
thanks darxrider.
i emailed the ny consulate and they replied that they are working on applications submitted mid-May.

newbie233

Jul 5, 2014
hi all - just posting my timeline. thanks for all who replied to my previous posts!

May 23 - online application
July 31 - passport request (to NY VAC)