+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NY Consulate for 2014

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
I haven't seen a thread for 2014 work permit applications at NYC, so I thought I'd start one. I myself just applied online on March 10 and have not heard anything back. I am kind of anxious because I am supposed to start my job (postdoc) in mid-May. Anyone else applied earlier this year? Please share your experiences/timeline if you are still waiting or have received your decision and best of luck!

timgo

Mar 13, 2014
I have applied on March 13th, 2014 for work permit but still did not get any update.I have to start work from July 1st. Hoping to get some update till May.

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Same as mine, I applied my change of work permit last march 11 and still waiting for the result. Hope it's a positive one. Please keep us posted guys. Goodluck to us!

kjb2014

Apr 29, 2014
Hi All

I have applied for my ICT work permit to NY on 03/14/14 and have not heard anything back yet.
I have to start work by end of May.

Do we know what dates are being processed currently. Anyone got a positive response who applied @ same time?

Thanks

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
I sent them an inquiry and got this reply today:
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on February 26, 2014.

So they should be processing our March apps pretty soon.
Good luck to everyone!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
staticdust said:
I sent them an inquiry and got this reply today:
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on February 26, 2014.

So they should be processing our March apps pretty soon.
Good luck to everyone!
thanks for posting and letting us know staticdust! that's a big help to us! Goodluck to us!

kjb2014

Apr 29, 2014
All

Thanks, based on current timelines we should hear something in 15 days.
I applied for ICT on Mar 14th, and then got request for additional documents on Mar 30th. Would this push out the approval dates for me?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

kjb2014

Apr 29, 2014
All

sharing updates from my end

i received the request for passport on May 5th. I had applied for ICT.

Dates:
Filed: 14th March
Passport Request: May 5th

waiting for my passports.

AprilAlice

May 10, 2014
Hi
I applied online for a work permit with LMO on March 15th.
I didn't have any reply from them.
The problem is that my current US visa is ending in less than a month. I don't know what to do.
What happens if I go back to my country while my application is here in NYC? How will I get a visa?

VancWP

May 14, 2014
My update:

Filed Work permit/ TRV online application with NYC : March 20, 2014
(With LMO and medical examination done upfront)

Passport request from NYC: May 13, 2014.

All the best to everyone!

grafe

Jan 8, 2014
Hi all, any updates with your work visa that's filed on March 10,2014, paper application at New York consulate? i'm still waiting...Does anyone knows what month are they currently working on? thank you in advance for everyone who is going to share their status.

destinyyang

Mar 14, 2014
Hi, VancWP,
Did you get any update from cic about passing medical in the process, if so, how long before your ppr? I applied sowp on March 23, and I got message about medical passed last Friday, wonder how long to wait.
Thanks.

VancWP said:
My update:

Filed Work permit/ TRV online application with NYC : March 20, 2014
(With LMO and medical examination done upfront)

Passport request from NYC: May 13, 2014.

All the best to everyone!

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
This waiting game is killing me.
It looks like people who applied after me (March 10) have started getting their passport requests a few weeks ago so I don't understand why mine is taking so long. My work permit/TRV application is LMO-exempt so I thought it would process faster.

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
Oh, never mind, they requested my passport today.
Good luck to everyone else still waiting, especially the March applicants, I think you should be hearing back from them soon.