+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NY Consulate for 2014

samantha1230

Aug 28, 2014
Hi. Just want to share. Im on a visitor visa here in canada and want yo apply for a work permit. Where do i need to apply? I have multiple entry to US. Will it be possible to apply in NY? What is the best option on person, mail or online? Thanks for your reply..

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I did applied for work permit at Canadian consulate New York This month and my application was received on 19th of August (came to know through Canada Post tracker). But i haven't received any email or phone call from consulate with tracking number or confirmation number.

Is there any way wherein i can get tracking number or confirmation that they are processing my application ? Can i send them an email to check status on my email or i should wait. I am worried as my application is carrying my original passport and further my LMO was due to expire on 25th August.

Please suggest

jw1313

Sep 5, 2014
Anyone apply in June or July that has heard back from CIC? I submitted electronic applications for me (have job offer and positive LMO) and my wife (applied for open work permit) on July 9th and have yet to hear anything.

am1980

Sep 8, 2014
Hello all,

New here, thanks for keeping this excellent forum up and running!

I've applied for a work permit (LMO exemption) application online, via MyCIC at New York consulate on 4th Sep 2014. The application went through, fees were charged, and I'm waiting for a response now. A couple of questions for those of you who have gone through this:

- What's the process after / if the application gets approved? will I have to mail my passport?
- Any idea what the typical waiting time would be? Some of my friends told me that it would take 4 weeks.

Thanks again,

Jun 5, 2014
kanwar80 said:
Hi Guys

I did applied for work permit at Canadian consulate New York This month and my application was received on 19th of August (came to know through Canada Post tracker). But i haven't received any email or phone call from consulate with tracking number or confirmation number.

Is there any way wherein i can get tracking number or confirmation that they are processing my application ? Can i send them an email to check status on my email or i should wait. I am worried as my application is carrying my original passport and further my LMO was due to expire on 25th August.

Please suggest

If you sent your application at the consulate they will return it to you like they did to me. i fisrt send my work permit application in consulate new york but they returned it and told me to send it to the VAC office in new york..then the Vac will give you the tracking ID to be able to track the progress of your applicaton.

fcharm23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA V.O.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012
AOR Received.
21-August-2012
File Transfer...
27-August-2012
Med's Done....
23-March-2012
Passport Req..
1-Dec-2012 via email
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013 :D
Just a question is it better to apply online or mail?

kanwar80

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi happybrownskin

Thanks for your reply. You are right they returned it back and asked me to submit it to VAC. But thank God they stamped it that they received it on 19th August as my LMO was expiring on 25th August. So now again my application is with consulate via VAC and is in under process.

Finger crossed

they received it on 11th September. I just checked with VAC over the phone and they said its 30 days from the application received just one clarification is it 30 working days or as a whole 30 days :D from the date application received.

i wish its its as whole.

svcanada

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
01-02-2015
What is the current wait time to hear back for ICT online application?

fcharm23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA V.O.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-May-2012
AOR Received.
21-August-2012
File Transfer...
27-August-2012
Med's Done....
23-March-2012
Passport Req..
1-Dec-2012 via email
LANDED..........
15-Feb-2013 :D
lottieh1 said:
Hi anyone who mailed in how long after you sent it did you recieve your trAcking number?
I sent last monday(Sept.22) then I received the tracking number Tuesday(sept.23).

qasimch86

Jun 17, 2014
samantha1230 said:
Hi. Just want to share. Im on a visitor visa here in canada and want yo apply for a work permit. Where do i need to apply? I have multiple entry to US. Will it be possible to apply in NY? What is the best option on person, mail or online? Thanks for your reply..
Hi Smanthaa,

Did you get your visa? i have the same case and i applied online yesterday and i hope i will get the +ive response. hw much time normally take? thanks for the response.