+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
@sealy The passport request just says "A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing application". I did my medicals (eventhough I am in the US I am a healthcare worker therefore I need a medical exam) upfront with a physician that uses "emedical" and he uploaded the results to the system. They did not required a police certificate.

@Sen_1911 and GML25MAR hopefully yours will come very soon. At least in my math it takes 3-4 days to process a day of applications. I will keep you updated on the passport sending. I will probably send it to NYC.

Thanks to all!! By any chance any of you are moving to Calgary, maybe we can meet up and exchange experiences!!

Good luck to all!

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
brahem said:
Hi all,

thanks to everyone sharing updates on their situation. My application was submitted mid May, and end of last week I received a response to my email query saying

"application is in queue for assessment"

It appears that they have started doing something about it, though clearly there are people who applied much earlier than I did and have not received such a message (at least that's the impression I get from reading the posts here). Does anyone have an estimate how much time it takes between "in queue for assessment" and the actual decision?

I guess the take home message from this ordeal is: make sure you apply online, because that way at least your passport stays with you. Presumably, even if you need to leave the US for a third country before the decision is made, you won't need to terminate the processing of the application...

VMK: I am confused by what you wrote -- it seems to suggest that urgent processing cannot be done if your application was submitted after the date they are currently finalizing. This undermines the whole point of "urgent processing" -- I guess we should just conclude that the fact your US visa is expiring is a not a good enough reason for them to warrant urgent processing?
I Brahem,

I hope you could help me....If I have a valid visit/tourist visa to the U.S and stays in the U.S. for 2 weeks, would you know if I can apply for a work permit online? This way, I won't have to submit my passport and can go back to Canada and travel outside Canada and U.S, while I wait for the approval of my work permit.

Thanks in advance for your input.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
The online form only asks you to enter the place of residence, you do not *pick* the office where you want to have it processed. Since you are in the US for only a short time, presumably your residence is somewhere else, so you will have to enter that information, and the system will probably direct your application to the Canadian consulate nearest to your place of residence.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Here is the reply I received this morning. I applied on-line May 24th, and sent an enquiry in the evening of July 1.

=====
Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 25, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA
=====

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
sealy said:
Here is the reply I received this morning. I applied on-line May 24th, and sent an enquiry in the evening of July 1.

=====
Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 25, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA
=====
Thanks for the update.

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
@sealy & @GML25MAR
Is the processing timeline different for Online & Paper applications? "Currently processing Mar 25 " Is it for online or paper applications ? I applied on Apr 27. Looks like a long wait, but they did some processing this week, moved from Mar 22 to 25. Hopefully they will continue to process at this rate.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
gocando said:
@ sealy & @ GML25MAR
Is the processing timeline different for Online & Paper applications? "Currently processing Mar 25 " Is it for online or paper applications ? I applied on Apr 27. Looks like a long wait, but they did some processing this week, moved from Mar 22 to 25. Hopefully they will continue to process at this rate.
As far as I can tell, I have not noticed any significant difference between the processing times of online and paper applications. I do not know if anyone knows for sure whether they are in the same queue or different ones.

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Acmd.. Congrats ..

Vmk.. Thx for your updates.. Hope it works out for u really fast in Delhi.. Best of luck

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but how long does it take to get the passports back? ?I sent them on Saturday, and they are supposed to get to the NYC on Monday. Am assuming about a week?

Luisaviolin

May 20, 2013
Got this this morning

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 18, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA

ehero

Jul 3, 2013
Luisaviolin said:
Got this this morning

Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 18, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA
That's unbelievable, last week they are finalizing applications received on March 25---see reply #573. Now they go back again?

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
Luisaviolin said:
Got this this morning

Dear Sir/Madame,

Immigration Section
New York, NY, USA
Thanks for sharing.
Did you applied on-line or in paper?