+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
acmd said:
Do you think they are batching them and then they'll send them all at once?
It could be. I have seen a case in which someone applied for a TRV, and could not wait further, so he decided to visit the consulate and pick up his passport in person. He was told they could not give him his passport, because they have already put it in mail the day before, but it will not reach the post office until two days after. God knows what happens during these three days in between.

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi guys!any news???what we can do to get the answer from them???i sent them 2 email's this week but i did not get any answer back.i can not wait any more.

Apr02-13

Jun 3, 2013
@acmd . There was one instance earlier in this forum where WP approval email was received on a weekend. All the best and hang in there.

@acmd/Sen_1911/GML25Mar. I hope you all have US visas valid for at least the first 2 weeks of July?

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
They wnt be working on Next week - Monday and Thursday

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/StatutoryHolidays-CongesStatutaires.aspx

@Apr Even if we have visas till 2nd week of July , we have to take into acct the time we send the passport and receive it back.

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
My visa is valid until July 30th...

If nothing happens next week, I'll try and extend it! AAHHH!!! This is too much!

VMK

Jun 28, 2013
Hi,

I submitted my work permit application on April 19th, however, I did not hear anything till date.

My Current status in US is expiring on July 10th. Since, I have only 12 days more, I am planing to visit consulate at New York to request for withdraw of my application.

Could you please help me if any one has any idea...if I visit to consulate and request for withdraw the application, can I get my passport back in hand on same day....thanks for ur help...

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
VMK said:
Hi,

I submitted my work permit application on April 19th, however, I did not hear anything till date.

My Current status in US is expiring on July 10th. Since, I have only 12 days more, I am planing to visit consulate at New York to request for withdraw of my application.

Could you please help me if any one has any idea...if I visit to consulate and request for withdraw the application, can I get my passport back in hand on same day....thanks for ur help...

Yes, you can get your passport back at the same day if you withdraw.

mann007

Jun 17, 2013
VMK said:
Hi,

I applied forfor my work permit as food counter attendent on 27 march and they received it on 1 april....I'am still waiting for my work permit..hope I'll get...any news from those who applied in march or1 april?

VMK

Jun 28, 2013
Thanks sealy. I am planning to visit consulate on Wednesday (3rd, July, 2013) to see if anything can be done...