+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SriSai

Apr 18, 2013
Hello Can any one help here,

I got my Canada workpermit ICT and Canada visa valid for 2 years in May2013.
But my company sent me India, I'm desperate to goto Canada, is there any chance left for me to travel Canada?
Can any one give a good reference of some employers in Canada who can sponser LMO or workpermit?

I've 10+ years of experience in which 6 years in US.

Thanks,

Buleg said:
Hi,

Canadian WP is tied to specific employer if he has closed WP. He can't switch jobs right away, he needs to go through the process again. Get an approved LMO then apply for WP. He can't work with a new employer if he doesn't have a new WP approved for new employer. I doubt if he has open work permit because it's ICT.

Hope it helps :)

Jun 6, 2013
I checked on the status of my application yesterday, and got a response today.

They are currently finalizing applications received on March 18, 2013. (NY Consulate)

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
@GML25Mar , Can't agree with you more . NYC is driving us crazy .

Anyone got any reply abt the current processing date of Online application , if so plz share.

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
No, nothing so far! I am going crazy as well...it is so absurd to wait so long!

Finalizing applications from March 18? I got an email on Monday that said March 22!! who should we believe?? I was kind of hoping to hear something today, since I applied March 23!!

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
acmd said:

Finalizing applications from March 18? I got an email on Monday that said March 22!! who should we believe?? I was kind of hoping to hear something today, since I applied March 23!!
@acmd , I beleive Mar 18 is for paper applicants not online . Hang in there . You ll hear smethg soon . Good luck .

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
acmd said:

They process cases only approximately in the order received; that is my experience with TRV. People applied a few days later than you can get it back a few days earlier than you. So these information can only serve as a rough estimation.

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
Just received this message from CIC

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below.

Note that we received the results of your medical examinations.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Please be advised that as of today, we are processing files received on March 23, 2013.

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number.

Immigration Section

Consulate General of Canada

New York, NY, USA

We haven't received any email from CIC about the medical examination required, but in the response above they mentioned that they received the results of the medical examination which we were not asked at all. I'm totally confused by their response.

I have applied online and in the check list we are not required to go for any medical exams as we have been living in USA for the past 5 years.

Please help if anyone else had the same issue.

Thanks,
Sri1

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Thank you for your posted Sri!last week on Tuesday they were working on app for March 20th...it's ridiculous!!!
I sent them a e-mail 2 days a go about my status app but i did not get any answer.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Per week they can progress only 2 days , In that case for a month they can process only 8 days applications . Really worst consulate ever.

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
I agree...it is so crazy! I haven't heard anything yet so far, but am not hopeful...Anyone else has heard anything?

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
From what i see here,there's no one March applicant received the WP,except for March 10...I do not understand what they are working for???But i wonder if we have some "human rights" and that we could help in this situation??

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
GML25MAR said:
From what i see here,there's no one March applicant received the WP,except for March 10...I do not understand what they are working for???But i wonder if we have some "human rights" and that we could help in this situation??
Yeah , It even occured to me tto. Is this because of the recent PAFSO strike ?

Are they processing applications but not sending out any passport request?

My US visa ends this july , considering all these delays I dont stand a chance to get work permit .

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
My US Visa ends this July too, and I am really counting on leaving before that. My employer is not going to wait forever!!!