+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NYC Consulate: Temporary Work Permit Submitted on Feb 4-2013

ks_seattle

Apr 15, 2013
Members,

NYC Canadian consulate received my application for temporary work permit on Feb 4-2013 and as of date haven't heard anything from them.
During the interim, my employer appended my application with a positive LMO as well.
Anyone else in same boat? Please comment or share experience as to how long it will take to get the application processed?

Also, anyone from Seattle area moving to Vancouver? Leave a note and we can connect.

Thanks in advance,
KS_Seattle

samcr77

Apr 10, 2013
mine was filed on Feb 6. no news yet. please join the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permit-applications-at-nyc-for-2013-t133908.0.html for updates

nsawse

Mar 8, 2013
ks_seattle said:
Members,

NYC Canadian consulate received my application for temporary work permit on Feb 4-2013 and as of date haven't heard anything from them.
During the interim, my employer appended my application with a positive LMO as well.
Anyone else in same boat? Please comment or share experience as to how long it will take to get the application processed?

Also, anyone from Seattle area moving to Vancouver? Leave a note and we can connect.

Thanks in advance,
KS_Seattle
Hi,
These days they are taking more time than the processing time shown on the web site, so wait for some time.

Thanks
nsawse

ks_seattle

Apr 15, 2013
Update:

Feb 2-2013: Sent my application package to Canadian Consulate in New York
Feb 4-2013: Canadian Consulate in New York received my application package.
Apr 24-2013: Received an email from my company attorney saying that the Canadian Consulate has completed processing my work permit application and that they would be sending the documents shortly.
Apr 25-2013: My company attorney sent me an email with an attachment that Canadian Consulate has confirmed that my application has been approved and I can work in Canada.

Currently waiting to receive my passport and other documents. Will try to update this thread as soon as I get my documents...else good luck all.

KS_Seattle

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Congrats!

I am from Seattle area (Eastside); though planning to relocate to Toronto.
Good luck for all exciting things coming your way.

ks_seattle

Apr 15, 2013
I am in Redmond...so we could exchange notes if you like on some of the next steps in general about the relocation...

let me know...
ks_Seattle