+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
msiva1981 said:
I Sent my Work Permit Visa package With original passport Through USPS. USPS tried delivering it today but business was Closed (Saturday). when checking Status online USPS website shows redelivery will not be attempted. unless requested by the embassy and the package will be Sent back to me if Unclaimed for 5 days. Do you know if USPS Will redeliver or embassy will ask for redelivery. What Can I do at this point?
If you used USPS express, they only make one delivery attempt, after which it will be held at the post office for pick up for 5 days. The recipient can request further delivery attempts on-line; I am not sure if the sender can make the request too.

Google "USPS" and "Redelivery".

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
@GML25MAR I just did, so I don't expect an answer anytime soon. I should've done it earlier I think.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
msiva1981 said:
I Sent my Work Permit Visa package With original passport Through USPS. USPS tried delivering it today but business was Closed (Saturday). when checking Status online USPS website shows redelivery will not be attempted. unless requested by the embassy and the package will be Sent back to me if Unclaimed for 5 days. Do you know if USPS Will redeliver or embassy will ask for redelivery. What Can I do at this point?
HI,
I am confused about sending original passports.
as you have submitted original passports,
Do you know if we can submit the original passports later on ? when they ask for it ?
or it is must to submit original passports ?

can I send without original passports ?
do you have any idea ? please.

thanks

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
HI,
I am confused about sending original passports.
as you have submitted original passports,
Do you know if we can submit the original passports later on ? when they ask for it ?
or it is must to submit original passports ?

can I send without original passports ?
do you have any idea ? please.

thanks
Hi,

The answer is simple,

If its paper app , passport is required. You have send the passport along with ur papers via mail.
If u r applying via online , u need not send your passport until the embassy ask for it once they have finalised your app.

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
I just received this

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your inquiry.

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 22, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

At least is something right?

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
@acmd -- is yours ICT (Intra company transfer) or LMO. Mar 22 is for which type of work permit applications ?
is there a differentiation in terms of processing ICT or LMO?

Pbc

May 30, 2013
Thanks for all the posts and updates.. It helps all of us who are waiting...... I also wanna know if ict without lmo is faster ...

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
@ gocando. It is through a LMO, and I applied for a work permit. I don't know what is faster.

I don't know what it means that my application is in process. Does that mean that within a few days I should hear something?
If so @GML25MAR we should be hearing something soon!

gocando

Jun 24, 2013
@acmd thank you and good luck!! hopefully we will hear the good news soon.

anyone who applied in ICT category ?

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi gocando,can you share your timeline please!everybody we said when we applied.Are you a March applicant?