+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Luisaviolin

May 20, 2013
I saw this on the CIC website today

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
I just got a reply from NYC for my work permit status enquiry.

"Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 14, 2013".

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Mahavir1008 said:
Yes, I applied on March 12th
@Mahavir from ur last post said that u applied march 12 th , did u get passport request ?

Please share ur timeline , it will be useful for those who are waiting .

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi,
Anyone here applied for WP between March 10 and March 25????Did you get any update?
Please share would be helpful for those who wait!!!
Thank you!

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
I applied for work permit for my wife on march 27th(ONLINE APPLICATION).

No word yet from them...has anyone got any email for applicants between march 10th-20th?

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
HI,
I got a positive LMO and my future canadian employer wants me to apply for WP in NY office.
I am in USA on WORKPERMIT and very much worried for submitting original passports with application.

can anyone guide me please ? Is it must to submit original passports with application ? :( :'(
Is there any other way I can do ?

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
cherrynoir said:
vahid.gh, I sent a USPS express return envelope with my application package (which carries a tracking number). iam_toby, my personal conclusion is that the consulate processing time is highly case specific - some people have recently received their work permit in 6-7 weeks as well. Send them an inquiry email after 30 days have passed, reminding them about your wp expiry. good luck !

For future readers of these posts, here is the timeline of my application :
Application type : Work permit with LMO
Application posted : Jan 7 2013
Approval email : Mar 1 2013
Passport received : Mar 15 2013

Good luck to all of you !
HI,
I got a positive LMO and my future canadian employer wants me to apply for WP in NY office.
I am in USA on WORKPERMIT and very much worried for submitting original passports with application.

can anyone guide me please ? Is it must to submit original passports with application ? :( :'(

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
HI,

Try lodging your application ONLINE since you have legal status in the U.S. This way, you just need to supply them with scanned copy of all your documents. I believe ONLINE application is faster. I wish I could do the same..... :'(

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi,
This is the respons to my enquiry status applications:

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our
processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is
currently finalizing applications received on March 20, 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this
e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line:
"Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to
include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport
number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
cookie27 said:
Try lodging your application ONLINE since you have legal status in the U.S. This way, you just need to supply them with scanned copy of all your documents. I believe ONLINE application is faster. I wish I could do the same..... :'(
Hi,
Thank you very much,
I have still a doubt.

If I apply ONLINE I do not need to submit original passports.
and If I apply with application form in hardcopy , I need to submit the original passports.

Am I correct ? Pls guide.