+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Feb 25 - I'm using Graebel. Let me know if you need any more info or references.

Feb25 said:
All who are waiting for VISA, what options did you use for move ? I am searching for good options to ship my car and household stuff, I wont be able to drive as my license is getting expired next week here and cannot extend now.

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Nops. I have even lost my USPS tracking number. :-|
Do let me know when you see any movement.

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Does anyone knows by any chance that which date applications are getting processed now? Last I heard was feb 27th. Have they started processing applications submitted in March if anyone knows please?

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
Please...I need help. I received a letter from the NY Consulate stating that I need to submit a new and valid passport as my passport is considered damaged. I was given until June 30th. I called our embassy and said that it will take about 6-8 weeks to get a new passport. I am in a limbo right now. Don't know what to do. Can I ask the consulate to extend the June 30th? Anybody experience this? I e-mailed them but received no reply yet. Thank you so much.

Gab

May 13, 2013
I will recommend you to contact them and explain your situation.
This is the email that I have used and I always got a reply
re-CNGNY.IM-SP-PEWP-PT@international.gc.ca

Good luck and I hope everything will work out for you!

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
Chelsi - Was your passport already damaged or did they mess up something ? What was the reason to say so ? They are open on Friday's.

pjason

May 16, 2013
Hi can somebody share their experience about this!
I apply TWP feb 28 thru mail with the returning mail including my passport . Last 2 days I receive an email thru the embassy of NY. That my application has been approved. But until now I haven't receive my passport . I also try to track my papers but there's no result! :(

missax

Apr 25, 2013
i can share my experience, i received my letter of approval may 22nd and the passport wasn't shipped to me until may 28th so they took almost a week to ship it after the letter ( i received it 2 days later.. may 30th)

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Guys I got my passport back. FINALLY!

In all, it took exactly 100 days for my passport to complete the round trip to NY.

Summary -
Submitted 25th Feb
Approval 30th May
Passports Returned 5th June.

Good luck to all of you.

Jun 6, 2013
This whole Canadian immigration system is the epitome of inefficiency and incompetence. My wife is a student in Canada, and, though the procedure appears simple to get an open work permit, it is not. The university and CIC informed my wife that since I am a citizen of the US, I should go to the closest Canadian border and apply for the permit there. I drove many hours to do that, and the border agents had absolutely NO CLUE what to do! I continued to show them documentation from CIC which indicated that I was eligible to apply at the border, and their bewilderment was amazing! They gave me phone numbers to call, which I had already called, and they had been disconnected years ago. Each time I was told why they could not do something, I showed them documentation from their own website which indicated otherwise.

I ended up mailing the packet to New York, using the checklist of documents from the NY Consulate website. The packet was returned because I did not include a couple of documents that were NOT on the checklist. On March 28, 2013, they received my packet again. I have requested information about the status of my application, and received no word back. This morning, I received an automated email stating they are finalizing applications received on March 1, 2013.

I don't think I could dream up a scenario as incompetent and inefficient as Canada's system. It's as if I'm in diplomatic purgatory.