+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Jun 6, 2013
And received another email about an hour ago from NY Consulate...says I have no file on record.

It's as if the inmates have taken over the asylum and are running it. Epitome of incompetence, disorganization, and inefficiency.

addax

May 31, 2013
Hi Guys,
It seems that they are starting to process the application from March since I received today the approval email for my work permit.
Here a summary of my processing time:

Online work permit submission: March 10
Email requesting medical examination: April 12
Medical evaluation transmitted to CIC: April 14
Work permit approval: June 7.

Good luck .

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi,
Congrats!I do have a ? for you.
I n one of your previous post you said that you applied online on March 5th.Today I saw your work permit submission was on March 10.
When you really applied ?March 5th or 10th.
I did applied on March 25th online and waiting on the permit.Thanks!

addax

May 31, 2013
-GML25MAR Sorry for the confusion, I created the application on March 5 but it was transmitted on March 10. You should receive an answer soon.

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations everyone!!!
Looks like they are processing March 10th applications!!!

I have applied for work permit for my wife on march 27th...hopefully should hear soon.

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
I applied March 23rd. I did not receive any emails for medicals...anyone in the same situation? Thanks!

Tiss

Jun 10, 2013
My application was received on 4th march still no reply..anybody on the same boat pliz do reply... Thankyou

Tiss

Jun 10, 2013
@sen I applied through mail n I got a response on 6th saying they are finalizing the application received on 1st march. When did u apply?

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
I applied online on March 28th. Not sure whether they are giving any priority to online application becoz the one who got approved earlier applied online on march 10.

Jun 6, 2013
I received another email today. They are working on applications submitted on March 5.

This whole process has just been so unorganized on CIC's end. Differing information from the same agency for requirements. Just pathetic. I thought Canada was better than this.

Tiss

Jun 10, 2013
@worker ..did they write anything about finalizing application received on march4 cos mine was received on 4th ..

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
I think the processing times for online and mail applications are different.

I got a different date from the CIC. Below is the response I got from CIC on 10th June

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 8 , 2013

If you wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA