+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience documents verification for immigration??

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada & Canadian High Commission have proper procedures to verify the work experience/other factors of the applicant under the Background check stage. When an applicant submits the application, it has very clear instructions that it will be subject to verification. Every Local Visa office has its own style of working but usually will have similar basics.

Usually the documents which are provided by the applicant are scrutinized by the visa officer. It is up to the visa officer that how the V/O wants to take it ahead. If the documents looks little fishy, the V/O can check for companies existence by using many sources like

- companies websites,
- direct phone calls to the applicant to check whether he works in that office or not and to take telephonic interview,
- calling the signatory on the letters,
- Or calling the office board to speak with the HR department or other such departments.

They can also make visits to the applicants work place by taking appointments or without taking appointments.

If documents are not sufficient to prove the claims made by the applicant then CHC can ask for more proof like payslips, tax returns (If applicable), and other important documents.

There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations. It takes as much time as it requires.

Taken from website : immigration1services.com/engweb/questions5.htm
Outstanding job!!!! +1 Sir

Ekam

Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
IN GOD'S HAND
any body here got verification call in feburary???

Applicant1234

May 14, 2013
I am not able to get Job Description from my present or past employer. Would CIC accept a self deceleration about me work experience?
I have experience letter (date of joining, last day, last designation) and appointment letter for all my previous employers.
Please advise.

Applicant1234

May 14, 2013
Would CIC accept a self deceleration about me work experience?

I am not able to get Job Description from my present or past employer. Would CIC accept a self deceleration about me work experience?
I have experience letter (date of joining, last day, last designation) and appointment letter for all my previous employers.
Please advise

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Guys,
I wonder how about Linkedin profile.
Can it be the one more thing for the CIC officer to dig out the facts of your work experience?

I think, Faking is really NO NO in this networked world.

Best luck!
CanEra.

deadsea02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
when will they usually verify the work info? is it after or before in process status on e cas/ or before sending the acknowledgment letter?

chirag.visavadia

Jul 7, 2013
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada & Canadian High Commission have proper procedures to verify the work experience/other factors of the applicant under the Background check stage. When an applicant submits the application, it has very clear instructions that it will be subject to verification. Every Local Visa office has its own style of working but usually will have similar basics.

Usually the documents which are provided by the applicant are scrutinized by the visa officer. It is up to the visa officer that how the V/O wants to take it ahead. If the documents looks little fishy, the V/O can check for companies existence by using many sources like

- companies websites,
- direct phone calls to the applicant to check whether he works in that office or not and to take telephonic interview,
- calling the signatory on the letters,
- Or calling the office board to speak with the HR department or other such departments.

They can also make visits to the applicants work place by taking appointments or without taking appointments.

If documents are not sufficient to prove the claims made by the applicant then CHC can ask for more proof like payslips, tax returns (If applicable), and other important documents.

There is no set timeframe for background check. Its duration can be affected by such factors as military service, foreign trips, membership in political organizations. It takes as much time as it requires.

Taken from website : immigration1services.com/engweb/questions5.htm
Good detailed answer.

I am from India and having 5 years of Job experience.

In my Job experience I have changed 2 company and this one is my 3rd one.

I want to are they going to check all my previous employer or just current one ?

Your any help will be highly appreciated. :-\

suparn1904

Feb 3, 2014
Hi,

Case :
All the companies i have worked for are registered.
Company 1 :
However, my first company i have worked for was a small one and no longer exists. I have all the documents related to the same.
I still have contact with the owner and he is ready to provide the necessary help to me.
Company 2 :
My second company had a notice period of 30 days. I had server the notice period but they were not ready to release me, nor could i delay my joining in the new firm. So i took all the documents like experience letter and left. I spoke to them yesterday and warned them regarding the call for verification.
Their reaction was shocking since they said that they wont support me in this and will give a negative remarks saying that i never worked in the company.
Company 3 :
I have all the docs.

My Questions :
For Company 1 :
How can the verification agency verify the company and my work details as the company no longer exists ?
Will i need some extra documents to prove that i worked for this company on a particular role ?
For Company 2 :
Will i need some extra documents to prove that i worked for this company on a particular role since the higher level of the company directly refused to help me (decline that i worked for them) ?
For Company 3 :
Is it necessary for me to show the current company data since we need a specific format and no. of hours/week and other data ?

Also, is it mandatory for me to provide details of my companies in a specific format because some might even decline to do so?

Reactions: Ylover207

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
suparn1904 said:
Hi,

Case :
All the companies i have worked for are registered.
Company 1 :
However, my first company i have worked for was a small one and no longer exists. I have all the documents related to the same.
I still have contact with the owner and he is ready to provide the necessary help to me.
Company 2 :
My second company had a notice period of 30 days. I had server the notice period but they were not ready to release me, nor could i delay my joining in the new firm. So i took all the documents like experience letter and left. I spoke to them yesterday and warned them regarding the call for verification.
Their reaction was shocking since they said that they wont support me in this and will give a negative remarks saying that i never worked in the company.
Company 3 :
I have all the docs.

My Questions :
For Company 1 :
How can the verification agency verify the company and my work details as the company no longer exists ?
Will i need some extra documents to prove that i worked for this company on a particular role ?
For Company 2 :
Will i need some extra documents to prove that i worked for this company on a particular role since the higher level of the company directly refused to help me (decline that i worked for them) ?
For Company 3 :
Is it necessary for me to show the current company data since we need a specific format and no. of hours/week and other data ?

Also, is it mandatory for me to provide details of my companies in a specific format because some might even decline to do so?
I think your work experience in the company where u are working is most important nd the verification would prima facie be with that one. If it responds good no problem, otherwise the enquiry extend to all places you claimed to have worked. All the best

Mayur553

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have few queries.

My first company no more exists, all i have is the relieving letter from them stating my tenure. Do i need to provide anything else coz the CIC document checklist said you need to provide you main responsibilities, annual salary and number of hours worked per week and and my relieving letter dosen't has that.

My Second Company is a small firm and i have a similar relieving letter stating my tenure. Query similar to above

How do we approach our current employer for all the details required by CIC, i do not intend to inform my supervisor about my application for Canada Visa...

Also, it would be really helpful if some senior member and list down what all documents related to work experience along with what attestations they provided at CIC to get their visa successfully.

If someone has a format which we can us than please do PM me. Thanks in advance.

NJ_SKG

Nov 24, 2014
Hi,

In the physical/tele verification, do they ask questions related to :

1. Technology you worked in (e.g., Java, dot net, PHP, Oracle, SAP, Networking etc)
2. Designation on paper.
3. Day to day roles and responsibilities.
4. Nature of project (e.g., Implementation, Upgrade, Development, Testing, support)
5. Team size
6. Client details

If Technology & roles\responsibilities are manipulated (Designation & everything else will remain same) in previous companies to show more relevant experience then is it possible to get caught in the verification?

Example :
Currently working in company "D LTD" in Oracle Apps Technology. but in last 3 companies C LTD, B LTD & A LTD I worked in hard core dot net/java/PHP/Networking. All my previous companies are genuine and still operating.

I want to claim points for Oracle Apps (Business/ICT Analyst position) but have I have only 1 year (+ Vendor Certified) of relevant work experience in Oracle + 4 years in other core technology.

Thanks,
NJ

pathania07 said:
my physical verification done recently.....

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
NJ_SKG said:
Hi,

In the physical/tele verification, do they ask questions related to :

1. Technology you worked in (e.g., Java, dot net, PHP, Oracle, SAP, Networking etc)
2. Designation on paper.
3. Day to day roles and responsibilities.
4. Nature of project (e.g., Implementation, Upgrade, Development, Testing, support)
5. Team size
6. Client details

If Technology & roles\responsibilities are manipulated (Designation & everything else will remain same) in previous companies to show more relevant experience then is it possible to get caught in the verification?

Example :
Currently working in company "D LTD" in Oracle Apps Technology. but in last 3 companies C LTD, B LTD & A LTD I worked in hard core dot net/java/PHP/Networking. All my previous companies are genuine and still operating.

I want to claim points for Oracle Apps (Business/ICT Analyst position) but have I have only 1 year (+ Vendor Certified) of relevant work experience in Oracle + 4 years in other core technology.

Thanks,
NJ

As an IT worker you can work in many technologies during your tenure.. Technologies change frequently and even within a single project you can wear many hats as the situation demands..

According to Canada Immigration your Experience letter from your employer or your supervisor should give a clear picture of the roles you performed and it should be for at least 12 months to be eligible.. To claim points you should have worked for that period.. Hope this helps..

aashu287

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2015
Med's Request
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
8-04-2015
Ice Cube said:
HI,
Verifications of company registration could be done by Calling your employer/ visiting work place/employer's tax payments records/ contacting department of private business registration or similar departments where companies are registered. Work experiences verifications could also be done by calling your employer or visiting work place. I am not sure if they really bother doing all these.
Wait for seniors suggestions.

Ice cube
Hi People, I urgently need your HELP!

When I submitted my application , I was not in good terms with my manager so I gave my colleagues reference who also works as a manager.....however, today he got a call from my company HR asking for verification ( about Y did he acknowledge the reference letter as my manager when he is not) He got afraid and denied his acknowledgement ......now tomorrow they may call me regarding this.... I am scared I may lose the job also curious what if they send negative feedback from my company..... now my question is how do they verify the job details....do they call directly HR or the reference...what could be consequences ....please help....

Reactions: Ylover207

aashu287

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2015
Med's Request
28-03-2015
Med's Done....
8-04-2015
prioin said:
I had this stated in my EcAS
"Your application was reviewed and we started processing on March 29, 2010."
After which I was happy that I may just get my medicals.
But last Tuesday I received a call first to my office then me and from there to my reporting officer.
Well they asked a lot of things about my work exp, what it I come to office etc.
They also asked about the turnover of the company hoe may employees are there etc.
well all the place at my office and my reporting officer didnt disclose any personal details as turnover or salary etc .
they said that it cannot be disclosed on phone and if needed send someone to office.
So now I dont know what is going to happen as was these statement taken positively or not.
and also why why did I get a enquiry after the above statement.just would like to get a expert advice
regards
prioin
Hi People, I urgently need your HELP!

When I submitted my application , I was not in good terms with my manager so I gave my colleagues reference who also works as a manager.....however, today he got a call from my company HR asking for verification ( about Y did he acknowledge the reference letter as my manager when he is not) He got afraid and denied his acknowledgement ......now tomorrow they may call me regarding this.... I am scared I may lose the job also curious what if they send negative feedback from my company..... now my question is how do they verify the job details....do they call directly HR or the reference...what could be consequences ....please help....