+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi everyone
I'm having a serious problem with GIC. I sent my funds through bank alfalah on 8th November and funds reached Scotiabank on 28th January, rejected and came back after 10 days. I sent funds through Sialkot branch. A couple of my friends suggested me Faysal bank. Is anyone here on this thread who sent his gic from Sialkot? Or i should simply open my account in lahore to get it processed faster?
Please go with Habib Canadian Bank as you are going to Ontario. It's the best and most convenient option in terms of saving hassle.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
This is my brother's application he opened an account in meezan bank and sent money through Meezan bank to Habib Canadian bank. The whole process was such a pain and it took more then 40 days due to incompetency of Meezan bank money declined 3 times due to their mistakes and we have to pay fee every time and 5% tax on $10,000. I have never encounter such unprofessionalism and team on idiots. Finally I asked a bank manager in Canada to talk to those idiots and explain them.
only one time 5% is deducted ask ur bank to refund 5% extra 2 times my friend has same case

Adnanjanwari

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
only one time 5% is deducted ask ur bank to refund 5% extra 2 times my friend has same case
don't pay 5% mention purpose of remittance as personal account as GIC account is on your name I did the same and got my GIC for ScotiaBank in one week without paying in tax but if you say its for study then you will have to pay 5% to Pakistan Govt.

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Yo, guys Ive applied for a study permit for the fall intake in 2020. I just wanted to know how the background check is carried out because i havent really lived in pakistan for the past few years. Also ive travelled around Europe and East Asia in that time also. I heard that background checks take longer if you havent been in the country of residence for a long time. Is there any truth to that?

Faizanjvd

Jan 7, 2020
I had applied for may intake in centineal college in project managment. I got the offer letter gic is being processed. The only thing which is left is sop. Can anyone help me with that........i will be very thankfull

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I had applied for may intake in centineal college in project managment. I got the offer letter gic is being processed. The only thing which is left is sop. Can anyone help me with that........i will be very thankfull
Below are the points to write a study plan:

Annex A - Study plan

Submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
2. What is your overall educational goal?
3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?
8. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

here is the link review page 4 https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5814E.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2Ly78-53s_CnmfXg4IsNit4fBRUfNigEx7VKCnlEzUpZmAXYIxTNTPcaU

Reactions: zeen2019

Faizanjvd

Jan 7, 2020
Below are the points to write a study plan:

Annex A - Study plan

Submit a one page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application:

1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
2. What is your overall educational goal?
3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?
8. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

here is the link review page 4 https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5814E.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2Ly78-53s_CnmfXg4IsNit4fBRUfNigEx7VKCnlEzUpZmAXYIxTNTPcaU
Thanks

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
salam everyone.
I am going to apply through SDS. I have some weak points before applying for universities. Can anyone guide me what to do to cover my weak points?
My profile:
Completed master's degree on 2012 (but have work experience since then)
IELTS score 6.0 on each band.
Parents and siblings are already in Canada.

Also, I personally want to apply for college diploma instead of master's degree. Is that a good idea?

Lastly, which is the best university or college in Ontario province where admission requirements are flexible ?

Please put your cents in it.
Thanks
You will not be able to get your visa there is 75+ rejections chances in your case..

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
That’s why I’m stressed out. They haven’t asked for a medical yet. Does that mean they’re refusing the visa. Which is why they may have sent a correspondence letter? I’m so confused.
For all temporary resident applications they are asking upfront Biometric by a system mail before processing so you dont need to be worry at all about bio metric..

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
I graduated from high school in jordan in 2018 and after that i had taken a gap due to personal reasons which I mentioned in my SOP. My academic profile is great no issues with that. I have a 7 in IELTS with 7.5 in all bands except writing was a 6. I moved from Pakistan to Jordan in 2013, lived there for 7 years, and to Nigeria in 2019 where I currently am. I had applied on jan 08, biometrics on jan 16, correspondence and rejection letter received today. No issues with my documents. I guess what’s bugging me is that i have two aunts from my extended family (both are siblings) both Canadian citizens whom I didn’t mention about in my application. Maybe that’s what they meant by family ties in Canada. Although they live in a completely different city from where i am supposed to travel to. Should I mention them in my reapplication and state that i have no intention to stay with them nor will they be sponsoring my education ? I don’t know how having family in Canada could be a reason of refusal but i guess they assumed I’ll over stay with them.
if you did not mention them they will not able to find by their self, this mean you dont have proper family ties in Pakistan "PM" me to discuss more..

thanks

aak10

Feb 9, 2020
Yo, guys Ive applied for a study permit for the fall intake in 2020. I just wanted to know how the background check is carried out because i havent really lived in pakistan for the past few years. Also ive travelled around Europe and East Asia in that time also. I heard that background checks take longer if you havent been in the country of residence for a long time. Is there any truth to that?
i would like to know the same since i have not lived in pakistan for a long time...

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
You will not be able to get your visa there is 75+ rejections chances in your case..
lol no thats not the case parents and siblings in canada dont really change your chances for visa my siblings were in canada an i still got visa the only thing he needs to do is improve his language scores