App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello, i’ve got my offer letter from George Brown College. I’m confused whether i apply for a visa after my acceptance (from college) or not because a friend of mine told me that they aren’t granting visas for a while due to COVID-19. Can anybody guide me what should i do now ??
Thry are granting visa you should apply ASAP although you wont get a decision anytime soon most probably your application will be queued rest assured you wont get rejection because of COVID

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hello, i’ve got my offer letter from George Brown College. I’m confused whether i apply for a visa after my acceptance (from college) or not because a friend of mine told me that they aren’t granting visas for a while due to COVID-19. Can anybody guide me what should i do now ??
Apply as soon as possible. And dont worry about COVID-19. Things will be back to normal soon....just apply

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Thry are granting visa you should apply ASAP although you wont get a decision anytime soon most probably your application will be queued rest assured you wont get rejection because of COVID
Salam.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm collecting documentation, and I'll have these soon could you please help me with questions in red.

1. IELTS. I've General 7.5 (8/8/6.5/6.5), College has accepted me on the basis of the Duo Lingo English Test as currently, no IELTS exams are taking place due to COVID 19.
2. Medical. I'm going to book ASAP. As per my understanding, we don't need UCI or anything other than Passport/NIC, pls confirm if anything further needed.
3. One year tuition fee payment proof. Paid by an uncle in Canada, not attaching any trail/statement how it has been paid. would that be fine?
4. GIC CAD 10K. I'm trying to do 20K as the diploma is for 2 yrs. Already filled an online form of Habib Canadian Bank some 6 days ago, no response yet. also not attaching any trail/statement how it has been paid.
5. Current employer letter that they will retain me after completion of the diploma. The employer is a small sole proprietorship, salary transfers into a bank account. Shall I attach bank statement for 6 months? I've low funds in that account, and I'm worried visa officer will confuse it with financial condition.
6. Property documents (Translated). Currently, the property is on mother's name shall I transfer it on my name? I'm finding it difficult as offices are closed.
7. SOP. Working on it. If you share me yours just for an idea, I will be glad.

Please let me know if I need any other documents. I'm not attaching bank statements other than that salary one if required, I'll drop that too.

Thank you.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
1. IELTS. You need academic IELTS 6 in each module with over 6.5 band. Visa officer dont accept General Ielts for study visa.

2. Medical. Yes you can get medical without UCI
Lahore, Islamabad or Karachi only offer medical test.

3. One year tuition fee payment proof. If you college doesnt have any issue who pays the tuition then ..its not a problem. You just need a letter from college with tuttion paid for full year which is available on student portal once college receives the payment.

4. GIC CAD 10K. I'm trying to do 20K as the diploma is for 2 yrs. Already filled an online form of Habib Canadian Bank some 6 days ago, no response yet. also not attaching any trail/statement how it has been paid.
Its impossible as for i know. GIC has to come from either your account or your parents account. Your uncle in canada cannt make the payment. There are pacific guidelines for GIC that you need to follow. Go to HCB website and follow the instructions i used scotiabank.

5. Current employer letter that they will retain me after completion of the diploma. The employer is a small sole proprietorship, salary transfers into a bank account. Shall I attach bank statement for 6 months? I've low funds in that account, and I'm worried visa officer will confuse it with financial condition.
Anything extra helps.

6. Property documents (Translated). Currently, the property is on mother's name shall I transfer it on my name? I'm finding it difficult as offices are closed.
Its not required but if you have property on your name it will strengthen home ties.

Anyone here can send you SOP. You need to cover the basics.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
1. IELTS. You need academic IELTS 6 in each module with over 6.5 band. Visa officer dont accept General Ielts for study visa.

3. One year tuition fee payment proof. If you college doesnt have any issue who pays the tuition then ..its not a problem. You just need a letter from college with tuttion paid for full year which is available on student portal once college receives the payment.

Its impossible as for i know. GIC has to come from either your account or your parents account. Your uncle in canada cannt make the payment. There are pacific guidelines for GIC that you need to follow. Go to HCB website and follow the instructions i used scotiabank.

Anything extra helps.

Its not required but if you have property on your name it will strengthen home ties.

Actually the IRCC has confirmed that general ielts is accepted for study visa and sds category so he is good to go
For the SOP if you can post your email I'll send you mine

Reactions: Vycanis

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018

Anything extra helps.

Salam Sazd85,

Thank you for your reply. For IELTS, apparently VOs are accepting General IELTS check below link, students even got visas on it. I can't take IELTS now owing to the current condition of COVID-19. I think I should apply and take a chance until things go back normal.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-get-student-visa-on-ielts-general-module.62088/

GIC funds will be transferred by my bank account from Pakistan, and I will attach the Habib Canadian Bank's letter for proof. what did I mean that do I have to show a bank statement by highlighting transaction that I have transferred this amount as GIC in Canada?

Thank again for your help. :)

Last edited:

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Actually I don't want to disclose my financial position. I've around PKR 1.5m in my bank accounts after CAD 10K GIC, both years tuition fee will be paid by the uncle. That's why I'm avoiding bank statements of any sort instead I'm trying to doubling up GIC CAD 20K, so my case looks strong. :)

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Actually the IRCC has confirmed that general ielts is accepted for study visa and sds category so he is good to go
For the SOP if you can post your email I'll send you mine
Interested to know. Maybe this was done recently

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
IMO Office Lahore, not attending calls also no online appointment available. I'm trying to send an email. worried, maybe they are close due to COVID-19. :(

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
IMO Office Lahore, not attending calls also no online appointment available. I'm trying to send an email. worried, maybe they are close due to COVID-19. :(
Everything is shutdown at the moment, no medical exam, no ielts exam, no character certificate. You need to wait untill things are normal again

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
They don't pickup you will have to send an email to book the appointment

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Everything is shutdown at the moment, no medical exam, no ielts exam, no character certificate. You need to wait untill things are normal again
Oh that's sad to hear

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Interested to know. Maybe this was done recently
Not recently it has always been like this tjhe only issue is some universities don't accept IELTS general so its always better to go for academics