+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
IMO Office Lahore, not attending calls also no online appointment available. I'm trying to send an email. worried, maybe they are close due to COVID-19. :(
IMO Office Lahore, not attending calls also no online appointment available. I'm trying to send an email. worried, maybe they are close due to COVID-19. :(
plz check.on web site of visa offices (gerry) they clearly mentioned closed till further order.and those who have to give boimatrics ircc web site clearly mentioned extension of 90 days automatically weather ur letter says 30 days.So not to worry. I submitted my nephew's application on 26 feb 2020 through SDS progtam .and biometrics on 2nd march and medical passed 3rd march and review of eligbilty also started from 3rd march no answer after that.my nephew sent web form inqurey yestersay lets see whats out come

Last edited:
Reactions: Vycanis

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
plz check.on web site of visa offices (gerry) they clearly mentioned closed till further order.and those who have to give bpimatrics ircc web site cmeary mentioned extension of 90 days automatically weather ur letter says 30 days.so.not to worry.i send.my nephew application on 26 feb 2020 through SDS progtam .and boi 2nd march and medical passed 3rd march and eeview of eligbikty also started from 3rd march no answer after that.my nephew sent web form inqurey yestersay lets see whats out come

Thank you for an update. Best of luck for your nephew and pls keep updating here so we can get an idea as well.

Asad_rauf06

Nov 8, 2019
I am going through the same situation. I have gathered all my documents for application. Only bank statement is remaining which i cannot ask my bank to give me right now because Gerry's office is closed and i cannot file my visa. I mean there is no point of filing if I cannot give biometrics. My duration won't start anyway.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Salam Sazd85,

Thank you for your reply. For IELTS, apparently VOs are accepting General IELTS check below link, students even got visas on it. I can't take IELTS now owing to the current condition of COVID-19. I think I should apply and take a chance until things go back normal.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-get-student-visa-on-ielts-general-module.62088/

GIC funds will be transferred by my bank account from Pakistan, and I will attach the Habib Canadian Bank's letter for proof. what did I mean that do I have to show a bank statement by highlighting transaction that I have transferred this amount as GIC in Canada?

Thank again for your help. :)
No you dont have to show. And dont ask for one.

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I am going through the same situation. I have gathered all my documents for application. Only bank statement is remaining which i cannot ask my bank to give me right now because Gerry's office is closed and i cannot file my visa. I mean there is no point of filing if I cannot give biometrics. My duration won't start anyway.
we can only wait until things go back normal. are you apply through Non-SDS?

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hello,

I've just received Habib Canadian Bank details for GIC. Has anyone transferred funds from Lahore? any suggestion for a bank which is familiar with the process.

Thanks

Asad_rauf06

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

I've just received Habib Canadian Bank details for GIC. Has anyone transferred funds from Lahore? any suggestion for a bank which is familiar with the process.

Thanks
Well I'm from Sialkot. I can guide you a little bit. You should go to the main branch rather than local branches. You ask them to transfer the money from your fcy account to your own account in Canada. This would be considered as a personal remittance. Don't let them send it as your education fee, some might ask your offer letter or something else but tell them it has nothing to do with education fee. Make sure the details match exactly as you gave them in online application. Ask your bank to transfer your USD into CAD before sending money.
I have personally used bank alfalah and my friend used faysal bank. We both got our GIC in 6-7 working days.
I got it in my 2nd try as i sent it through my father's account the first time plus the bank sent it as an education fee which successfully wasted my 2.5 months and around 80000/-

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hello,

Can someone please guide step by step on sending GIC from Karachi being a non-filer? Which bank and branch in Karachi to send from? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Did he get rejection because of covid?
I doubt its because of COVID-19. Most likely his paperwork didnt satisfy the visa officer. Can you let us know when did he got rejected and some more details regards to his profile.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hello,

Can someone please guide step by step on sending GIC from Karachi being a non-filer? Which bank and branch in Karachi to send from? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
You need to be a filler in oder to send GIC. Just pay a lawyer 3k PKR to become a filer it takes a day or 2.

Reactions: Naghman1