+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You need to be a filler in oder to send GIC. Just pay a lawyer 3k PKR to become a filer it takes a day or 2.
Thank you for the prompt response.

My question now is:

What is the step by step process of sending GIC from Karachi being a filer? Which bank and branch in Karachi to send from? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
Latest IRCC Update For International Students who have a study permit or who have been approved for a study permit for a program starting in May or June'2020
===============================================================================================
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html?utm_campaign=2020-04-09-new-international-students&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eloqua&elqTrackId=21683f81520041c6ba69f22a3cd602d0&elq=71950d1d8bea46ef832f6f6e74b3c44a&elqaid=3255&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=724#restrictions-students

If your in-class courses are being moved to an online-only format because of COVID-19, your eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Program won’t be affected. This includes students who have a study permit or who have been approved for a study permit for a program starting in May or June but who are unable to travel to Canada at this time due to travel restrictions. International students in this situation may begin their classes while outside Canada and may complete up to 50% of their program while outside Canada if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Latest IRCC Update For International Students who have a study permit or who have been approved for a study permit for a program starting in May or June'2020
===============================================================================================
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html?utm_campaign=2020-04-09-new-international-students&utm_medium=email&utm_source=eloqua&elqTrackId=21683f81520041c6ba69f22a3cd602d0&elq=71950d1d8bea46ef832f6f6e74b3c44a&elqaid=3255&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=724#restrictions-students

If your in-class courses are being moved to an online-only format because of COVID-19, your eligibility for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Program won’t be affected. This includes students who have a study permit or who have been approved for a study permit for a program starting in May or June but who are unable to travel to Canada at this time due to travel restrictions. International students in this situation may begin their classes while outside Canada and may complete up to 50% of their program while outside Canada if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.
Thats good but what about some of us who are waiting for final decision. And if we didnt get a replay by the time May intake starts we will be in bad situation due to the fact that many programs are already full for fall semester. We will then have to defer to January 2021 intake or change the program for fall semester to anything thats available. Not an ideal situation since my institution refuse to give May intake priority for fall in case visa doesnt ger approved on time.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Thank you for the prompt response.

My question now is:

What is the step by step process of sending GIC from Karachi being a filer? Which bank and branch in Karachi to send from? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
You need to be a filler and have money available in either your own account or your parents account and show the bank offer letter and tuttion receipt and Canadian bank account details...and let them know you want to transfer 10500 CAD as part of expenses for your study required by the Canadian SDS program. Most of the bankers are not familiar with the process so make sure to explain to them to send swift...and give you confirmation receipt. Please make sure you write tye exact info you provide to your Canadian bank...including your name and full address.
It usually takes 7-14 days to get GIC
Max it will take 3 weeks. But in current situation it could take longer...
You can go to any bank you have account with. Some will tell you that you need forign currency account. I did it with Allied bank and they just made a transfer with my normal checking account. It depends on bank you dealing with.

Reactions: Vycanis

Naghman1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You need to be a filler and have money available in either your own account or your parents account and show the bank offer letter and tuttion receipt and Canadian bank account details...and let them know you want to transfer 10500 CAD as part of expenses for your study required by the Canadian SDS program. Most of the bankers are not familiar with the process so make sure to explain to them to send swift...and give you confirmation receipt. Please make sure you write tye exact info you provide to your Canadian bank...including your name and full address.
It usually takes 7-14 days to get GIC
Max it will take 3 weeks. But in current situation it could take longer...
You can go to any bank you have account with. Some will tell you that you need forign currency account. I did it with Allied bank and they just made a transfer with my normal checking account. It depends on bank you dealing with.
Thank you. Allied bank in which city and branch?

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Well I'm from Sialkot. I can guide you a little bit. You should go to the main branch rather than local branches. You ask them to transfer the money from your fcy account to your own account in Canada. This would be considered as a personal remittance. Don't let them send it as your education fee, some might ask your offer letter or something else but tell them it has nothing to do with education fee. Make sure the details match exactly as you gave them in online application. Ask your bank to transfer your USD into CAD before sending money.
I have personally used bank alfalah and my friend used faysal bank. We both got our GIC in 6-7 working days.
I got it in my 2nd try as i sent it through my father's account the first time plus the bank sent it as an education fee which successfully wasted my 2.5 months and around 80000/-
what was the issue the first time? and PKR 80,000 due to exchange? do we have to pay 5% tax on the GIC transfer?

Vycanis

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Guys, how does FCY work? do we have to take cash along with us at the time of account opening? or we can open an account with some deposit and then online transfer rest of the amount in FCY account? The initial deposit should be in USD?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Guys, how does FCY work? do we have to take cash along with us at the time of account opening? or we can open an account with some deposit and then online transfer rest of the amount in FCY account? The initial deposit should be in USD?
you will have to deposit in cash in the bank and USD not just rupees its a hassle

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
Thats good but what about some of us who are waiting for final decision. And if we didnt get a replay by the time May intake starts we will be in bad situation due to the fact that many programs are already full for fall semester. We will then have to defer to January 2021 intake or change the program for fall semester to anything thats available. Not an ideal situation since my institution refuse to give May intake priority for fall in case visa doesnt ger approved on time.
Which is your institution and what is your program name ?

Asad_rauf06

Nov 8, 2019
what was the issue the first time? and PKR 80,000 due to exchange? do we have to pay 5% tax on the GIC transfer?
The main issue was that I sent the money from my father's account which is against the policies of Scotiabank. The other issue was that the bank sent the money as an education fee. If you send money to any country for educational purposes, you have to pay 5% tax. If you send it as a personal remittance, the tax doesn't applies.

Reactions: Vycanis