+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's TRV is refused, I am on work permit in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There were tons of Nigerian people arriving in TRVs and claiming asylum therefore the approval rate decreased to decrease the chances of people using TRVs for not their intended purpose. The statistics also don’t indicate the quality of the TRV applications. Some of these applicants would be denied all over the world due to lack of savings, no or almost no travel history and poor toes to their home country.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
There were tons of Nigerian people arriving in TRVs and claiming asylum therefore the approval rate decreased to decrease the chances of people using TRVs for not their intended purpose. The statistics also don’t indicate the quality of the TRV applications. Some of these applicants would be denied all over the world due to lack of savings, no or almost no travel history and poor toes to their home country.
You proved my point. That is what is called racial profiling, drawing conclusion based on someone's color, nationality or race. Canada says they never does it and against it. But the data shows a different picture.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You proved my point. That is what is called racial profiling, drawing conclusion based on someone's color, nationality or race. Canada says they never does it and against it. But the data shows a different picture.
Profiling applications based on citizenship (not race) is not discriminatory. If Indian people started claiming asylum is huge numbers less Indian TRVs would be approved. Canada is reacting to statistics. Syrian citizens also have very few approvals for TRVs because of the high chance of asylum. When people apply for TRVs they are applying to temporary visit Canada. If Canada thinks they will not visit Canada for their stated purpose in their application they refuse the application.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Profiling applications based on citizenship (not race) is not discriminatory. If Indian people started claiming asylum is huge numbers less Indian TRVs would be approved. Canada is reacting to statistics. Syrian citizens also have very few approvals for TRVs because of the high chance of asylum. When people apply for TRVs they are applying to temporary visit Canada. If Canada thinks they will not visit Canada for their stated purpose in their application they refuse the application.
Well you are again proving my point. So a visa officer assumes if visa application comes from citizen of these nation then they are most likely to commit fraud. Isn't that called prejudice or if I may use the word "profiling".

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well you are again proving my point. So a visa officer assumes if visa application comes from citizen of these nation then they are most likely to commit fraud. Isn't that called prejudice or if I may use the word "profiling".
It is profiling but not racial profiling or discrimination. TRVs are approved based on proof that someone will comply with their intended visit purpose and statistics of other similar profiles and whether they have followed through their temporary visits. This is done at every boarder entry and every border in the world.

I’m done. You should withdraw your wife’s SOWP and ask for a transfer back home if you feel like Canada is such an awful place.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
I haven't filed it yet and probably won't file. Due to current market situation not getting any interview calls. But once I get the job I will go back to India.

Reactions: bellaluna

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
It is profiling but not racial profiling or discrimination. TRVs are approved based on proof that someone will comply with their intended visit purpose and statistics of other similar profiles and whether they have followed through their temporary visits. This is done at every boarder entry and every border in the world.

I’m done. You should withdraw your wife’s SOWP and ask for a transfer back home if you feel like Canada is such an awful place.
But you know what don't get offended I never mean to offend anyone. Apologies if I have offended you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Actually, it’s statistical analysis, not racial profiling. But go ahead, put your own spin on it to justify your rant.

Reactions: canuck78

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Actually, it’s statistical analysis, not racial profiling. But go ahead, put your own spin on it to justify your rant.
Buddy if the protocol/rules changes based someone's nationality it is called discrimination. Even the news article calls it discrimination. Are they ranting?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Buddy if the protocol/rules changes based someone's nationality it is called discrimination. Even the news article calls it discrimination. Are they ranting?
Speaking of discrimination, you automatically assume everyone in these countries being declined a TRV is anything but WASP. You should also note that applicants from Eastern European countries have a high refusal rate, but that’s OK with you....right. Articles like this are published with selective information to garner a response from their targeted readership and often don’t include realistic research to back it up. But , hey, keep trying.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Protocol and rules do not solely depend on the country of origin or race. If someone has the same profile in a Nigeria, Venezuela and Syria they would both have the same chances of refusal because there have been high volumes of asylum seekers from those countries arriving in Canada. Visa approval processes are based on profiling of the applicant.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I want to add to this . EVERYONE is subject some form of profiling , either when you're applying for a loan, credit card etc. People are profiled when they go into stores to shop, unfortunate, but true , I've been profiled when I've walked into Harry Rosen's to shop in Toronto , for the SOLE reason that I didn't look like the type of person that could afford to shop there . I can, but my jeans had a rip and patched . Profiling whether when one is shopping , applying for credit , or just by entering a store, or applying for a TRV is just the way things are.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Speaking of discrimination, you automatically assume everyone in these countries being declined a TRV is anything but WASP. You should also note that applicants from Eastern European countries have a high refusal rate, but that’s OK with you....right. Articles like this are published with selective information to garner a response from their targeted readership and often don’t include realistic research to back it up. But , hey, keep trying.
All I am trying to say if the rules are different for people based on their origin that is discrimination by definition doesn't matter if it is eastern europe or south asia. BTW Russia has approval rate of 88%

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You say discrimination, I say erring on the side of caution using statistical analysis. You forget, foreign nationals don’t have a right to entry, regardless of the reason. Feel you’ve been wronged, ask for a judicial review. Let the courts decide, but until then don’t try and insinuate that IRCC is full of racist white people out to subject every other race to its whims. Staffing at embassy’s and visa offices is pretty homogenous. That dog won’t hunt.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
You probably already know how much it costs to hire a lawyer in Canada. And not many folks will take that path.
But prejudice is a bad thinking and all I am saying is that it exists. Never said ircc is full r***st people. Like the law in Canada is same for everyone irrespective of their nationality or race the same principle is not being followed in ircc and they might have their own justification why they are so strict about applicants from certain nationalities but by not calling it discrimination I think ain't fair.

Definition of discrimination: Prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.