+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's TRV is refused, I am on work permit in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 I hope this news article will clear your doubt about Visa Officer and systematic discrimination:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/may/08/virginity-tests-immigrants-prejudices-britain
You are posting an article about the UK and issues in the 70s. I fail to see what this has to do with you claims of Indians being discriminated based on proof of marriage in Canada in 2020. Unless you have seen the entire application of your colleague you don’t know what else they submitted. They may have submitted other documents with the same address before marriage probing they were living together before marriage, etc. People don’t remember all the details of their application or may not realize what is a relationship proof. How many days have you actually spent together with your wife just the 2 of you?

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
You are posting an article about the UK and issues in the 70s. I fail to see what this has to do with you claims of Indians being discriminated based on proof of marriage in Canada in 2020. Unless you have seen the entire application of your colleague you don’t know what else they submitted. They may have submitted other documents with the same address before marriage probing they were living together before marriage, etc. People don’t remember all the details of their application or may not realize what is a relationship proof. How many days have you actually spent together with your wife just the 2 of you?
Yes this was in 70s but attitude never changed. But have you ever question "why therm expat is used only for white people" and the rest of us are immigrants?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes this was in 70s but attitude never changed. But have you ever question "why therm expat is used only for white people" and the rest of us are immigrants?
So attitudes in the UK haven’t changed according to you. I beg to differ. There are so many things that have changed and are no longer acceptable since the 70s In every country. Women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, etc. are just a few examples. An article about UK immigration policies in the 70s still have nothing to do with Canada. We are a different country.

Expat communities tend to involve temporary residents who are not actually immigrating to a country. You can be part of a Canadian expat community around the world without being Caucasian. You just need to have CanadIan citizenship and not originally from that country. Sure there are Indian expat communities around the Middle East because everyone Is on temporary residencies attached to employment.

Reactions: Buletruck

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
fyi this is from November 2019
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/05/british-couple-claimed-couldnt-adopt-white-child-indian-heritage/
Although they won the case but denying them from adoption white kid because of their Indian roots is discrimination or should I say racism. And shows the mindset of British people.

I know what an expat is but it is generally not used for non whites. Technically I am an expat here in Canada as I am on work permit but the term is reserved for white people.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/mar/13/white-people-expats-immigrants-migration

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
fyi this is from November 2019
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/05/british-couple-claimed-couldnt-adopt-white-child-indian-heritage/
Although they won the case but denying them from adoption white kid because of their Indian roots is discrimination or should I say racism. And shows the mindset of British people.

I know what an expat is but it is generally not used for non whites. Technically I am an expat here in Canada as I am on work permit but the term is reserved for white people.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/mar/13/white-people-expats-immigrants-migration
You do realize we live in Canada. Canada is an entirely different country than The UK. It is basically saying India is the same thing as the UK because it was once part of the commonwealth.

Yet again maybe the British may usually define expats as whit but we are in CANADA. Perhaps start reading the globe and mail and not the a Guardian for your examples.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
this is supposed to be a visa related query forum. talktorash01 if you beleive you are not happy in canada u can always go back to india no body is stopping you or forcing you to stay in canada. please do not play racism cards especially coming from a country like india where caste system is still in practice let alone hindu muslim skirmish every now and then.
Don't worry I can guarantee you I will go back. Quitting on my country is not my thing. I will do whatever I can in my capacity to make things right in India. I think you are an Indian as well or maybe Pakistani but have taken Canadian citizenship or planning to take Canadian citizenship. I want to quote a line for you from Rang de Basanti movie "Koi bhi desh perfect nahin hota ... usse perfect banana padta hai."

Last edited:

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
You do realize we live in Canada. Canada is an entirely different country than The UK. It is basically saying India is the same thing as the UK because it was once part of the commonwealth.

Yet again maybe the British may usually define expats as whit but we are in CANADA. Perhaps start reading the globe and mail and not the a Guardian for your examples.
Yes, I read globe and mail and all leading newspaper and can give you many examples from Canada as well, but I always try to look at the positive sides of things and Canada has some really nice people I can say that. But it has it has its own problem which I won't mention here as lot of people will get offended. On a funny note though the head of the state is still Queen Elizabeth II :).

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Interesting article https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/canada-s-temporary-visa-approval-rate-lowest-for-african-travellers-1.5369830
Specially the line "Over the same period, the approval rate for applicants from the Asia-Pacific region fell 7.3 per cent; for applicants from the Middle East, it fell by 10.3 per cent; it dropped just .7 per cent for applicants from Latin America and the Caribbean; and for European applicants, the approval rate rose 4.4 percent"
Clearly this shows that the process is indeed discriminatory.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interesting article https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/canada-s-temporary-visa-approval-rate-lowest-for-african-travellers-1.5369830
Specially the line "Over the same period, the approval rate for applicants from the Asia-Pacific region fell 7.3 per cent; for applicants from the Middle East, it fell by 10.3 per cent; it dropped just .7 per cent for applicants from Latin America and the Caribbean; and for European applicants, the approval rate rose 4.4 percent"
Clearly this shows that the process is indeed discriminatory.
It is not discrimination. Many do not have strong applications and depending on things like asylum requests from the country influence whether getting a TRV from the country will be more difficult. Some people think getting a TRV is easy so apply without a job, very little savings, etc.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Did you read the article. African guys are actually invited to attend AI conference and are being refused. Imagine this is being done to European national. Just have a look at the graph my friend.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Yeah, well conference organizers and an invitation don’t guarantee a trv. You ignore the fact that once in Canada, the system is incredibly generous and liable to abuse. IRCC is simply protecting the system from potential abuse. And in this day and age, video conferencing is readily available to attend from your home country. No need for in person attendance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you read the article. African guys are actually invited to attend AI conference and are being refused. Imagine this is being done to European national. Just have a look at the graph my friend.
Given the amount of asylum seekers from Nigeria recently the bar is incredibly high to get approval from Nigeria. Many of the asylum seekers from Nigeria are professionals with good jobs so it would be a concern. There is no mention if this woman had previous travel history, owned property, what kind of savings she had.