+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's TRV is refused, I am on work permit in Canada

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Visa is definitely a privilege. Because Canada gives people so many chances to fight to remain in Canada they are very picky as to who they award visas to in the first place. It could take a decade to remove someone (if not more) if someone fights to remain in Canada. Arranged marriage is not typical of most marriages in Canada. When couple date or live together there is a lot of proof that they are in a genuine relationship. When it comes to arranged marriages it can be very difficult to determine what is a genuine relationship and what is a marriage for immigration purposes. This is especially the case if the couple has recently gotten married right before the person leaves for Canada but after they receive their permit or if a person returns home and gets married and quickly return to Canada. Unfortunately not much you can do. If you wife doesn’t get the SOWP when you apply this time you always have the option to quit your job and return home. Wouldn’t encourage such a drastic move but if you find a similar job in another company that. Couples are routinely separately for a year or more during the spousal sponsorship process.
Sounds discriminatory to me. Hypocrisy at its best, trying to portray to entire world that we are against any kind of discrimination but their visa process itself discriminates against Indian.
How can a visa officer ask for chat conversation, those are private messages. Are you sure they asked for these, this is against the law I guess. I think people voluntarily share their private messages to prove the genuinty of their relationship. Seems people really can go to any level to get Canadian visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds discriminatory to me. Hypocrisy at its best, trying to portray to entire world that we are against any kind of discrimination but their visa process itself discriminates against Indian.
How can a visa officer ask for chat conversation, those are private messages. Are you sure they asked for these, this is against the law I guess. I think people voluntarily share their private messages to prove the genuinty of their relationship. Seems people really can go to any level to get Canadian visa.
A marriage certificate doesn’t actually prove that you are in a genuine relationship. If you are not comfortable with provide proof of your relationship like chats then I wouldn’t suggest applying for SOWP. When it comes to sponsoring a spouse to Canada an interview does ask personal questions so they can determine if you are in a relationship or just friends. Plenty of Indians people getting approved and living in Canada so not sure how the process discriminates against anyone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Based on my situation I would be very happy if Canada didn't gave me VISA in first place. I was very happy back home. And not desperate to come to Canada. I know a lot of people are desperate to come to Canada but I am not one of them. This visa is like a curse to me, without the visa I would have stayed with my wife at least.By the way I have started looking for JOB in my home country and also applying for SPOWP; taking professional's help this time. Can you recommend someone in Toronto?
In case if SOWP gets rejected I will just leave Canada.
Unfortunately you should have had a conversqtion with your employer about your desire to stay in India before applying for ICT.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Unfortunately you should have had a conversqtion with your employer about your desire to stay in India before applying for ICT.
Buddy I wasn't married when I moved here otherwise why would I leave my wife behind. And visiting new places is one of thing I absolutely loved be it Canada or Asia. Canada is indeed beautiful specially in summer but I don't like this discriminatory attitude of visa officer towards Indian.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
A marriage certificate doesn’t actually prove that you are in a genuine relationship. If you are not comfortable with provide proof of your relationship like chats then I wouldn’t suggest applying for SOWP. When it comes to sponsoring a spouse to Canada an interview does ask personal questions so they can determine if you are in a relationship or just friends. Plenty of Indians people getting approved and living in Canada so not sure how the process discriminates against anyone.
Following different set of protocol for one ethnic community is discriminatory, if this is practiced for Chinese and Filipino as well then I won't say they are discriminatory. Having this prejudice against Indian people is definitely discriminatory. Just like a TSA officer is more suspicious about a brown skin guy. I guess you know what racial profiling is.

Last edited:

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
I beg to differ. Visa rules are same for everyone. I do understand your pain but rules are rules and that is what makes countries like canada a better place to live. if you are happy to leave why bother to apply again.
Buddy, I am happy to leave have no doubt it. Just started my job hunt.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
I love Canada just like all the other beautiful places in the world like Russia, Thailand, Columbia, Brazil, Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Norway (I have been all these countries). But sometimes the most beautiful thing can give you the most amount of pain. That is exactly what is happening to me. I hope I have cleared the air.
Note: I don't have to mention my country. Because it is evident that everyone loves his/her home country the most.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Based on my situation I would be very happy if Canada didn't gave me VISA in first place. I was very happy back home. And not desperate to come to Canada. I know a lot of people are desperate to come to Canada but I am not one of them. This visa is like a curse to me, without the visa I would have stayed with my wife at least.By the way I have started looking for JOB in my home country and also applying for SPOWP; taking professional's help this time. Can you recommend someone in Toronto?
In case if SOWP gets rejected I will just leave Canada.
Guess, maybe it would of been a good idea to have done your due diligence on whether or not your spouse could of accompanied you when YOU accepted the transfer
Ask your company if you can go back before what you agreed too

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Guess, maybe it would of been a good idea to have done your due diligence on whether or not your spouse could of accompanied you when YOU accepted the transfer
Ask your company if you can go back before what you agreed too
When I got transferred here I didn't know whom I am going to get married to, I got married recently. Gonna ask my company to transfer me back to my home country if SOWP gets rejected.

Reactions: rohit1993

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When I got transferred here I didn't know whom I am going to get married to, I got married recently. Gonna ask my company to transfer me back to my home country if SOWP gets rejected.
That is the route of your issues on top of applying for the wrong visa. When you have an arranged marriage where one person is in Canada and the other person is abroad it leaves very little time for the couple to be together in person and able to prove that they are in a genuine relationship . I am not sure why you feel that Canada discriminates against Indian people. If that was the case why would so many people with Indian origins live in Canada and Indians continue to move to Canada? It has nothing to do with citizenship and ethnic origin. If a Caucasian man who was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship met someone online and had been dating online but only met in person when they got married they would likely have the exact same scrutiny on their marriage and concern that it may not be a genuine relationship. You also have to appreciate that there is still a lot of marriage fraud for immigration purposes and South East Asia is an area where this is an issue.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
That is the route of your issues on top of applying for the wrong visa. When you have an arranged marriage where one person is in Canada and the other person is abroad it leaves very little time for the couple to be together in person and able to prove that they are in a genuine relationship . I am not sure why you feel that Canada discriminates against Indian people. If that was the case why would so many people with Indian origins live in Canada and Indians continue to move to Canada? It has nothing to do with citizenship and ethnic origin. If a Caucasian man who was born in Canada and has Canadian citizenship met someone online and had been dating online but only met in person when they got married they would likely have the exact same scrutiny on their marriage and concern that it may not be a genuine relationship. You also have to appreciate that there is still a lot of marriage fraud for immigration purposes and South East Asia is an area where this is an issue.
Buddy you must understand the definition of discrimination -> "Prejudicial treatment of different categories of people especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex". If Visa Officer accepts a marriage certificate as sufficient proof from a Chinese, Filipino National. But when it comes to Indian national he has a completely different set of protocol to verify genuineness of marriage then it is called discrimination. The word "Prejudice" is very important here. So when an Indian national applies for VISA the level scrutiny reaches altogether a different level because he/she has a preconceived notion that this marriage certificate is not genuine or marriage is most likely a Fraud. No caucasian has ever faced this level of scrutiny, I can assure you about that. I work in big MNC and when I told my colleagues(caucasian immigrants) like what visa officers ask from Indian's to prove their marriage they were surprised. They said for them it is just a marriage certificate issue by their government. Even for recently married one.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Buddy you must understand the definition of discrimination -> "Prejudicial treatment of different categories of people especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex". If Visa Officer accepts a marriage certificate as sufficient proof from a Chinese, Filipino National. But when it comes to Indian national he has a completely different set of protocol to verify genuineness of marriage then it is called discrimination. The word "Prejudice" is very important here. So when an Indian national applies for VISA the level scrutiny reaches altogether a different level because he/she has a preconceived notion that this marriage certificate is not genuine or marriage is most likely a Fraud. No caucasian has ever faced this level of scrutiny, I can assure you about that. I work in big MNC and when I told my colleagues(caucasian immigrants) like what visa officers ask from Indian's to prove their marriage they were surprised. They said for them it is just a marriage certificate issue by their government. Even for recently married one.
I actually understand what discrimination means and that is why I posted an example of when a Caucasian Canadian citizen would face the same scrutiny. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are Indian and mostly due to the fact that you have very little time together in person in a relationship. Did you ask your colleagues if they had been dating their spouses for years before getting married? Many likely lived together before getting married or spent numerous nights at each other’s homes per week. It is much easier to show a relationship is genuine if a couple had essentially been living together, whether they were dating or married, for a couple of years before applying for a visa or permit. They have lots of pictures of them together in various places and often countries, at lost of family events, etc. If you had a longterm dating relationship before marriage where you lived together, travelled together, attended family events as each others dates for the past year(s), had lots of pictures together, etc. you likely would have been approved for an SOWP. It has nothing to do with being Indian. It has to do with being able to show proof of a relationship where you have spent time together other than the wedding. The TRV was the wrong thing to apply for so was correctly refused.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
I actually understand what discrimination means and that is why I posted an example of when a Caucasian Canadian citizen would face the same scrutiny. It has nothing to do with the fact that you are Indian and mostly due to the fact that you have very little time together in person in a relationship. Did you ask your colleagues if they had been dating their spouses for years before getting married? Many likely lived together before getting married or spent numerous nights at each other’s homes per week. It is much easier to show a relationship is genuine if a couple had essentially been living together, whether they were dating or married, for a couple of years before applying for a visa or permit. They have lots of pictures of them together in various places and often countries, at lost of family events, etc. If you had a longterm dating relationship before marriage where you lived together, travelled together, attended family events as each others dates for the past year(s), had lots of pictures together, etc. you likely would have been approved for an SOWP. It has nothing to do with being Indian. It has to do with being able to show proof of a relationship where you have spent time together other than the wedding. The TRV was the wrong thing to apply for so was correctly refused.
I can't ask personal question, but he said he only provided marriage certificate and marriage was recent Dec 2019. The fact that we both were recently married but he can proved his relationship by just marriage certificate and got TRV but for an Indian needs to attach numerous number of documents and still there is chance that their visa application can get rejected because visa officer has this preconceived notion about Indian that this marriage must be a fraud.

Last edited: