+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's TRV is refused, I am on work permit in Canada

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Hi Experts,

My wife's TRV is just refused with following explanation:
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I have shown her as a financially dependant on me in the application, as she just completed her post graduation in year 2019 and isn't employed yet.
I provided following documents under different categories:
1. Financial Support Letter: The letter clearly states that I take full responsibility for all her expenses during her stay in Canada. I have Attached 4 month's bank statement having CAD 37000. My latest Canadian compensation letter showing my gross salary of CAD 82000. Should I attach T4 as well?
2. Means of Financial Support : My wife's bank statement which has CAD 3000.
3. Purpose of Travel: Spending time with husband, also attached return ticket of 10 November 2020. Total trip duration is also shown as 179 days.

I think I can improve rejection reason 3(your personal assets and financial status) by depositing some money in her Bank account. Is CAD 20000 will be enough, let me know what amount is good enough for visa officer. I clearly mention that she will be staying with me and basically don't have to spend a single penny. I have rented a house here and lease is expiring in November 2020. Should I attach lease documents as well.

What can I mention in purpose of visit. She clearly stated that the purpose of the visit is to spend time with my husband as well as to see some of the beautiful places in Ontario. Please help me here as I am quite confused, I guess visa officer don't like honest answers. Should I also mention that we recently got married and didn't spend enough time together. We don't have marriage certificate yet.

How can I solve rejection reason 1: "family ties in Canada and in your country of residence" she has her parents in India and she has filled family information form. What else can be done here?

I have applied for Visa Officer's detailed notes under ATIP. But that will take some time.
Is it ok to apply for work permit instead of waiting for ATIP?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
the reasons for refusal are generic. It’s frustrating officers don’t give the real reason in the letter.

Once you get the ATIP notes, pretty sure their concern is that because she is financially dependent on you, she might try to move to Canada with you.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
I have shown her as a financially dependent on me in the application, as she just completed her post graduation in year 2019 and isn't employed yet.
1. Financial Support Letter: The letter clearly states that I take full responsibility for all her expenses during her stay in Canada. I have Attached 4 month's bank statement having CAD 37000. My latest Canadian compensation letter showing my gross salary of CAD 82000. Should I attach T4 as well?
Your wife's ties are strong in Canada because you are in Canada, she might stay and not go back.
Her ties are weak in her home country. Ties refers to a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons to go back. She has no job and you are her family. These reasons can make her decide to live with you and leave everything behind. Just shows that nothing holds her in her home country.
Your Financial Support Letter evidently showed that she is financially incapable for the trip. Yes you can invite her and take full responsibility of her expense incurred in Canada. But you missed the part where in your wife will be assessed on her application not you. The documents you presented has no bearing.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
2. Means of Financial Support : My wife's bank statement which has CAD 3000.
CAD 3000 is really low. The fact that you wrote the Financial Support Letter did not help but the more jeopardized the application.
I think I can improve rejection reason (your personal assets and financial status) by depositing some money in her Bank account. Is CAD 20000 will be enough, let me know what amount is good enough for visa officer. I clearly mention that she will be staying with me and basically don't have to spend a single penny.
The past 4 months bank statement is needed for the reason that the visa officer needs to see the in and out cash flow of the applicant. Depositing CAD 20000 at one shot would really appear that the money was just deposited to make it appear that the applicant have money.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3. Purpose of Travel: Spending time with husband,
Not bad but the visa officer thinks that she might try to move to Canada with you
also attached return ticket of 10 November 2020.
Not recommended to purchase tickets when applying for TRV
Total trip duration is also shown as 179 days.
Too much. 2-3 weeks is safe when initially applying for a visa
I guess visa officer don't like honest answers.
You guys did not research before you applied for the visa.
How can I solve rejection reason 1: "family ties in Canada and in your country of residence" she has her parents in India and she has filled family information form. What else can be done here?
Really hard as her ties are really weak.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
the reasons for refusal are generic. It’s frustrating officers don’t give the real reason in the letter.

Once you get the ATIP notes, pretty sure their concern is that because she is financially dependent on you, she might try to move to Canada with you.
But the problem here is I haven't moved to Canada. I am on work permit here working in highly skilled job. Can you tell how can I solve the issues raised?

Last edited:

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Your wife's ties are strong in Canada because you are in Canada, she might stay and not go back.
Her ties are weak in her home country. Ties refers to a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons to go back. She has no job and you are her family. These reasons can make her decide to live with you and leave everything behind. Just shows that nothing holds her in her home country.
Your Financial Support Letter evidently showed that she is financially incapable for the trip. Yes you can invite her and take full responsibility of her expense incurred in Canada. But you missed the part where in your wife will be assessed on her application not you. The documents you presented has no bearing.
The application asked me to upload finance support letter with my bank account statement. If TRV can't be approved for a person who depends financially on someone then I guess cic shouldn't let a financially dependent applicant raise a TRV.
CAD 3000 is really low. The fact that you wrote the Financial Support Letter did not help but the more jeopardized the application.
As I said the application ask for finance support letter and my 4 months bank statement.
Financial support letter is one of the document asked in the online form for applicants who are dependant on someone.
The past 4 months bank statement is needed for the reason that the visa officer needs to see the in and out cash flow of the applicant. Depositing CAD 20000 at one shot would really appear that the money was just deposited to make it appear that the applicant have money.
Not bad but the visa officer thinks that she might try to move to Canada with you
Visa officer should take a note that I am on a work permit and not on PR or citizen. Once my work permit expires I will move back to my home country. I have no intention of settling in Canada. Should I add her name in my bank accounts and share the statement. Can I show fixed deposits that I can transfer to her name valued around CAD 50000? What it takes to convince a Visa Officer that my wife absolutely don't want to move to Canada. It takes me one month to convince her to come here for sometime. All the time she is asking me to quit my job here and find some decent job in India.

Not recommended to purchase tickets when applying for TRV
Well they have asked to upload the return ticket so I have bought them. I mean the online application has a section to upload them.
Too much. 2-3 weeks is safe when initially applying for a visa
Ok, will apply for 3 weeks in next application
You guys did not research before you applied for the visa.
Really hard as her ties are really weak.
So should I buy a house in India on her name to show ties? But still that doesn't guarantee that the visa officer will approve my application.
Can you tell me what options do I have now? If I apply again how can I fix above issues?

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Refer to this
The application asked me to upload finance support letter with my bank account statement. If TRV can't be approved for a person who depends financially on someone then I guess cic shouldn't let a financially dependent applicant raise a TRV.
It says "If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself". The letter you gave negates the statement.
As I said the application ask for finance support letter and my 4 months bank statement.
The 1-8 stated on the list is meant for your wife which is the MAIN applicant. The finance support letter is from you.
Financial support letter is one of the document asked in the online form for applicants who are dependent on someone.
I think this is much applicable to minors or parents who are supported by their children.
Visa officer should take a note that I am on a work permit and not on PR or citizen. Once my work permit expires I will move back to my home country. I have no intention of settling in Canada.
Regardless about your status. On this forum it is common that married people with a spouse in Canada or someone who has a Canadian/PR boyfriend/girlfriend often gets a refusal because they might to move to Canada.
Well they have asked to upload the return ticket so I have bought them. I mean the online application has a section to upload them.
An itinerary from Expedia or even a screen shot from an airline would suffice.
So should I buy a house in India on her name to show ties? But still that doesn't guarantee that the visa officer will approve my application.
Can you tell me what options do I have now
Unfortunately, the TIES are the common reason for rejection and the toughest cookie to crack.
Wait for the ATIP notes. From there you can see why the visa officer decided to reject the visa, Your call to re-apply or not.
If you apply make sure to address all the reasons for rejection. Meaning there should be a change before you lodge your application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your wife should have applied for a SOWP. Still no guarantee of approval especially if you only recently got married and it was an arranged marriage. You must have at least 6 months left on your WP to get approved for a SOWP.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Refer to this

It says "If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself". The letter you gave negates the statement.

The 1-8 stated on the list is meant for your wife which is the MAIN applicant. The finance support letter is from you.

I think this is much applicable to minors or parents who are supported by their children.
If I get her name added to my Canadian bank Bank account and credit card and then share 4 months statement. Will that sort out financial issue raised by VO. i.e she has sufficient funds to support her in Canada.

Regardless about your status. On this forum it is common that married people with a spouse in Canada or someone who has a Canadian/PR boyfriend/girlfriend often gets a refusal because they might to move to Canada.
I agree and honest applicant suffers the consequence because Visa Officer paints everyone with the same brush.
An itinerary from Expedia or even a screen shot from an airline would suffice.

Unfortunately, the TIES are the common reason for rejection and the toughest cookie to crack.
Wait for the ATIP notes. From there you can see why the visa officer decided to reject the visa, Your call to re-apply or not.
If you apply make sure to address all the reasons for rejection. Meaning there should be a change before you lodge your application.
Will wait for ATIP notes to understand what kind ties he/she expects to see.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If I get her name added to my Canadian bank Bank account and credit card and then share 4 months statement. Will that sort out financial issue raised by VO. i.e she has sufficient funds to support her in Canada.
no.

I agree and honest applicant suffers the consequence because Visa Officer paints everyone with the same brush.
a visa is not a right but a privilege. The visa officer protects Canada’s own interests, not foreigners.

Will wait for ATIP notes to understand what kind ties he/she expects to see.
You’ve already been told here what ties they expect to see, and the ATIP won’t mention it. They’ll only explain why the officer refused the application.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
a visa is not a right but a privilege. The visa officer protects Canada’s own interests, not foreigners.
So much for a country who calls itself flag bearer of humanity keeping a couple away from each other. Visiting Canada is never a privilege for me I am here on an intra company transfer will finish my job and leave. It maybe privilege for lot people, but for someone like me it is definitely not a privilege.
You’ve already been told here what ties they expect to see, and the ATIP won’t mention it. They’ll only explain why the officer refused the application.
Sorry can you explain what kind ties looks genuine to VISA OFFICER?

Last edited:

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Your wife should have applied for a SOWP. Still no guarantee of approval especially if you only recently got married and it was an arranged marriage. You must have at least 6 months left on your WP to get approved for a SOWP.
If I may ask, in terms of probability which one has better chance TRV or SOWP?
Is there anything wrong with arrange marriage?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If I may ask, in terms of probability which one has better chance TRV or SOWP?
Is there anything wrong with arrange marriage?
If a spouse want to remain in Canada and isn’t trying to visit for a short period of time like a week or two they should apply for an SOWP. Arranged marriages can create concerns about whether the relationship is genuine because there is often very little proof of time spent together other than the wedding and perhaps a honeymoon. If the spouse returns to Canada and applies for and visa/permit that is also what those committing immigration fraud with fake marriages do. Sometimes SOWP gets denied and the couple needs to collect proof that their marriage is genuine over a longer period of time like more chats, transfer money to help cover expenses, putting spouse on accounts or on life insurance, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So much for a country who calls itself flag bearer of humanity keeping a couple away from each other. Visiting Canada is never a privilege for me I am here on an intra company transfer will finish my job and leave. It maybe privilege for lot people, but for someone like me it is definitely not a privilege.

Sorry can you explain what kind ties looks genuine to VISA OFFICER?
Visa is definitely a privilege. Because Canada gives people so many chances to fight to remain in Canada they are very picky as to who they award visas to in the first place. It could take a decade to remove someone (if not more) if someone fights to remain in Canada. Arranged marriage is not typical of most marriages in Canada. When couple date or live together there is a lot of proof that they are in a genuine relationship. When it comes to arranged marriages it can be very difficult to determine what is a genuine relationship and what is a marriage for immigration purposes. This is especially the case if the couple has recently gotten married right before the person leaves for Canada but after they receive their permit or if a person returns home and gets married and quickly return to Canada. Unfortunately not much you can do. If you wife doesn’t get the SOWP when you apply this time you always have the option to quit your job and return home. Wouldn’t encourage such a drastic move but if you find a similar job in another company that. Couples are routinely separately for a year or more during the spousal sponsorship process.

talktorash01

Mar 12, 2020
Visa is definitely a privilege. Because Canada gives people so many chances to fight to remain in Canada they are very picky as to who they award visas to in the first place. It could take a decade to remove someone (if not more) if someone fights to remain in Canada. Arranged marriage is not typical of most marriages in Canada. When couple date or live together there is a lot of proof that they are in a genuine relationship. When it comes to arranged marriages it can be very difficult to determine what is a genuine relationship and what is a marriage for immigration purposes. This is especially the case if the couple has recently gotten married right before the person leaves for Canada but after they receive their permit or if a person returns home and gets married and quickly return to Canada. Unfortunately not much you can do. If you wife doesn’t get the SOWP when you apply this time you always have the option to quit your job and return home. Wouldn’t encourage such a drastic move but if you find a similar job in another company that. Couples are routinely separately for a year or more during the spousal sponsorship process.
Based on my situation I would be very happy if Canada didn't gave me VISA in first place. I was very happy back home. And not desperate to come to Canada. I know a lot of people are desperate to come to Canada but I am not one of them. This visa is like a curse to me, without the visa I would have stayed with my wife at least.By the way I have started looking for JOB in my home country and also applying for SPOWP; taking professional's help this time. Can you recommend someone in Toronto?
In case if SOWP gets rejected I will just leave Canada.