+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
if your university is not there in WES list it doesn't matter, there are many Universities which are not in their list but they still recognized it. personal experience . Chitkara University, Chandigarh University, Lovely Professional University. not in the list but still recognized by WES.

Reactions: tristam15 and drsk

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jim.avi said:
Thanks for the input @iphie28.

Even I am planning to apply with IQAS just because they have a shorter time frame. By the way is it mandatory that the transcripts be sent directly to IQAS by the issuing institution? Actually, I already have my transcripts from the University - sealed and signed across the envelope's back flap. Would it hold good if I just send them these sealed envelopes? I know it is possible with WES but not sure about IQAS.
Yes, you can send them. I did it for myself and wife and we got our ECA report within 10 days of submission. Good luck.

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
After going back and forth between WES and my institution lasting a period of 3 months, i just received my ECA. Finally

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
jairichi said:
Yes, you can send them. I did it for myself and wife and we got our ECA report within 10 days of submission. Good luck.
Thanks for the confirmation Jairichi. Within 10 calendar days is awesome! Was it from Canada to US address?

I was also wondering if we also get an online evaluation report along with the physical copy of the eca report?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jim.avi said:
Thanks for the confirmation Jairichi. Within 10 calendar days is awesome! Was it from Canada to US address?

I was also wondering if we also get an online evaluation report along with the physical copy of the eca report?
UK address. You have the option to get report by regular mail (no tracking) or courier (with tracking). I got it by FedEx.
No, online report. That is the drawback of IQAS when compared to WES.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
jairichi said:
UK address. You have the option to get report by regular mail (no tracking) or courier (with tracking). I got it by FedEx.
No, online report. That is the drawback of IQAS when compared to WES.
True I got mine delivered in 11calendar days by FedEx. True also there isn't an online copy but most important is that they work at d speed of light and have a better understanding of the educational system in various countries in comparison to WES. :'(

jim.avi

Apr 9, 2016
Great to know that! Thanks a lot guys!

I guess it is just that people are not aware of Iqas or just don't want to take chances with it - hence not so popular as WES.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jim.avi said:

I guess it is just that people are not aware of Iqas or just don't want to take chances with it - hence not so popular as WES.
If I am not wrong IQAS was a recent addition to obtain ECA for immigration purposes.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah IQAS is a recent addition.
jairichi said:
If I am not wrong IQAS was a recent addition to obtain ECA for immigration purposes.
jim.avi said:

May 4, 2016
My university is not listed in WES . I am trying to open IQAS website but its not opening . what shall i do . do you have any link for IQAS so that i can see if my university is listed in IQAS or not
jim.avi said:
Thanks for the input @iphie28.

Even I am planning to apply with IQAS just because they have a shorter time frame. By the way is it mandatory that the transcripts be sent directly to IQAS by the issuing institution? Actually, I already have my transcripts from the University - sealed and signed across the envelope's back flap. Would it hold good if I just send them these sealed envelopes? I know it is possible with WES but not sure about IQAS.

VISHAN78

Nov 18, 2016
My PGDM was not recognized by WES (one of the top 25 institution in India). Anyways, can someone pl. suggest if it is worth trying with IQAS? I am losing lot of points as my PGDM is not being considered and only my engineering has been taken into account :(

Thanks!

Reactions: er.chiragkhurana

DivyaJ

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
ANAND
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
IELTS Request
28-02-2018
Can I open wes report envelope?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
VISHAN78 said:
My PGDM was not recognized by WES (one of the top 25 institution in India). Anyways, can someone pl. suggest if it is worth trying with IQAS? I am losing lot of points as my PGDM is not being considered and only my engineering has been taken into account :(

Thanks!
Please try with IQAS. WES is notorious for a poor understanding of Indian education and not giving Indian PGDMs recognition. Both CES as well as IQAS is better for recognition of Indian PGDM.

Reactions: er.chiragkhurana

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DivyaJ said:
Can I open wes report envelope?
Yes, that's yours. Make a clear scanned copy so that you have a reference when you need to upload it in your profile.

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
VISHAN78 said:

Thanks!
Did you try IQAS?