+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

If my university is not ready to send the transcript directly to IQAS?
Any alternative here.
Someone who experienced the same please confirm what should be done.
You can ask for a sealed envelope from the university and get your documents attested from the University and send to them by your self.
But to be honest it is the university's responsibility to send the documents to the relevent body they can't say no to that.

Shaw2016

Sep 6, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
13-05-2017
Thanks for your insight Nikita. WES also provide with an online copy where IQAS falls behind.

However, WES Canada is very well known for recognizing MSc (3+2) as 4 years graduation program and an additional year towards graduation (4+1) which limits my options with it.
Completely agree. WES is a joke. I believe they might have strong media presence for branding.

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
Finally, got the first email from IQAS after exactly 4 weeks and hopefully will get a second email as well. I bombarded their mailbox with my emails queries to find out what the hell is going on. Hope for the best.

Shairsha

Jun 16, 2017
Finally, got the first email from IQAS after exactly 4 weeks and hopefully will get a second email as well. I bombarded their mailbox with my emails queries to find out what the hell is going on. Hope for the best.
My experience in IQAS so far...
My application envelops reached 7th of August. The first confirmation email came on 10th of September. After more than a month.
My university envelops reached 8th of August. No email received till after 41 days I contacted them via email and on 23rd of September (After 44 days) days they responded back to me and confirmed that they have received my university envelop on 5th of September (Whereas UPS record says its reached since 8th of August).
Anyways; email was pretty unclear and vague. And a major part of the email was about how in 3 stages they send the confirmation which was well known and repetition of info.
I can only guess and pray that they have already started assessment process and they will someday send me 3rd and final email confirmation. There is no other way to confirm that.
As many others; when I sent to them; the process was 4 weeks. It is 10 weeks now which is frustrating and ridiculous at the same time.

Reactions: mhd_azeem

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
My experience in IQAS so far...
My application envelops reached 7th of August. The first confirmation email came on 10th of September. After more than a month.
My university envelops reached 8th of August. No email received till after 41 days I contacted them via email and on 23rd of September (After 44 days) days they responded back to me and confirmed that they have received my university envelop on 5th of September (Whereas UPS record says its reached since 8th of August).
Anyways; email was pretty unclear and vague. And a major part of the email was about how in 3 stages they send the confirmation which was well known and repetition of info.
I can only guess and pray that they have already started assessment process and they will someday send me 3rd and final email confirmation. There is no other way to confirm that.
As many others; when I sent to them; the process was 4 weeks. It is 10 weeks now which is frustrating and ridiculous at the same time.
The main reason people tried IQAS because WES was hell and now its otherway around. Best of luck mate.

Shairsha

Jun 16, 2017
The main reason people tried IQAS because WES was hell and now its otherway around. Best of luck mate.
Actually; we tried WES for my wife and it was generally smooth and timely. Within 2 months everything was finalized. Only at one point in time we had to send them some more documents. But generally they are better than IQAS due to the fact ;

1. You can login and check your status updates.
2. They are faster if everything is complete.

Reactions: Fozyano

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
Actually; we tried WES for my wife and it was generally smooth and timely. Within 2 months everything was finalized. Only at one point in time we had to send them some more documents. But generally they are better than IQAS due to the fact ;

1. You can login and check your status updates.
2. They are faster if everything is complete.
You can not do these kind of things with IQAS. Anyways best of luck.

Reactions: Shairsha
Oct 1, 2017
hi everyone i am undergraduate done ECC.ED course after my h.s.c have applied for PR...and hav send my documents thru iqaff... a month ago need suggest because i am a bit douthful taking am i eligible for PR. coz my consultant showed me a positivety so i applied... help

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
hi everyone i am undergraduate done ECC.ED course after my h.s.c have applied for PR...and hav send my documents thru iqaff... a month ago need suggest because i am a bit douthful taking am i eligible for PR. coz my consultant showed me a positivety so i applied... help
Hi zainab,
I'm not entirely sure what your question is but the fact that your consultant told you that you are eligible without explaining to you WHY you are eligible, leaving you doubtful about your eligibility (if I'm understanding your post correctly), now has me doubting your consultant.

On this forum, we always advise people not to rely on consultants (even if you use one, take your case into your own hands and take responsibility for it since, if the consultant screws up (and many do), IRCC will hold you accountable for the mistake). Additionally, there are some unscrupulous consultants who will tell you that you are eligible, even if you're not, just so you can give them money, only to end up having your application rejected in the end, or never starting your application to begin with.,

The best thing for you to do is to go to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'s website and start reading up about Express Entry and, more importantly, to ascertain your own eligibility (independent of your consultant).

Please see some useful information below to help you do this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express Entry is an umbrella programme under which three of Canada's PR programmes fall - the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programmes. EE allows eligible applicants to apply for consideration of PR, through an entirely electronic process.

Unless you have Canadian work experience, you would most likely be trying to apply under the FSW programme.
If you're eligible, you need to calculate your projected Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score. The CRS Score is what IRCC uses to determine which applicants will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. The general consensus is that, at least right now, you need a CRS score of at least 435 to have a chance at getting an ITA; but please note that this could change in the future as the 'cut-off' CRS Score in Draws fluctuates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are eligible under FSW or CEC, AND if your projected CRS Score is high enough to give you a strong likelihood of receiving an ITA, then this is when you should submit an EE profile. Based on what you've written, it seems like you are already in the process of submitting an EE profile (I assume that's why you've applied to IQAS for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Let's hope you actually are eligible and haven't applied and spent the money in vain.

If you ARE eligible, read up further on the entire application process and don't rely on your consultant. If you have any questions or need any clarification about anything you've read, or at any point during the process, use the people on this forum as a resource. We're all here to help each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shairsha

Shairsha

Jun 16, 2017
Hi zainab,
I'm not entirely sure what your question is but the fact that your consultant told you that you are eligible without explaining to you WHY you are eligible, leaving you doubtful about your eligibility (if I'm understanding your post correctly), now has me doubting your consultant.

On this forum, we always advise people not to rely on consultants (even if you use one, take your case into your own hands and take responsibility for it since, if the consultant screws up (and many do), IRCC will hold you accountable for the mistake). Additionally, there are some unscrupulous consultants who will tell you that you are eligible, even if you're not, just so you can give them money, only to end up having your application rejected in the end, or never starting your application to begin with.,

The best thing for you to do is to go to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)'s website and start reading up about Express Entry and, more importantly, to ascertain your own eligibility (independent of your consultant).

Please see some useful information below to help you do this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Express Entry is an umbrella programme under which three of Canada's PR programmes fall - the Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and Federal Skilled Trades (FST) programmes. EE allows eligible applicants to apply for consideration of PR, through an entirely electronic process.

Unless you have Canadian work experience, you would most likely be trying to apply under the FSW programme.
If you're eligible, you need to calculate your projected Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Score. The CRS Score is what IRCC uses to determine which applicants will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. The general consensus is that, at least right now, you need a CRS score of at least 435 to have a chance at getting an ITA; but please note that this could change in the future as the 'cut-off' CRS Score in Draws fluctuates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are eligible under FSW or CEC, AND if your projected CRS Score is high enough to give you a strong likelihood of receiving an ITA, then this is when you should submit an EE profile. Based on what you've written, it seems like you are already in the process of submitting an EE profile (I assume that's why you've applied to IQAS for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). Let's hope you actually are eligible and haven't applied and spent the money in vain.

If you ARE eligible, read up further on the entire application process and don't rely on your consultant. If you have any questions or need any clarification about anything you've read, or at any point during the process, use the people on this forum as a resource. We're all here to help each other.
Hi

I have a question about Express entry profile but that is not relevant to this thread. You have recently gone through express entry process so I presume things would be still fresh in your mind. I would request you to please help me. Can I ask you my question in a separate message?
Regards
Shahid

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Everyone, I've received my 3rd confirmation email along with electronic copy. They also mentioned the original was sent out by fedex to me. Good luck and thanks for sharing the timeline. (See my signature for more details).

Reactions: Csudine

gaurul.c

Aug 30, 2017
Punjab
Hi Rocky2k17. Yes i provided the original copies of my transcript sealed and signed by the issuing institution enclosed with the request form, but I opted to ship it myself provided that the envelope is sealed. Then, other forms and copy of my diploma were shipped separately.
May 25 - documents shipped to IQAS
June 1 - delivered and signed by them
June 15 - received email confirming that my application, payment and official transcript are received.
Waiting for the result.
hey
Do IAQS accepts the provisional degree given by the university as i have cleared my MBA this year only and it is to be received my november end.
so, if the transcripts are sent direct;y by the university and other photocopies ( provisonal degree) sent by me to them be accepted or not?
My main concern is to know whether they accept the provisional degree or not ?
Hope to hear from you soon !
Thanks you.

gaurul.c

Aug 30, 2017
Punjab
Let me share my timeline with you guys

6th May- IQAS application delivered
27th May- Acknowledgement of receipt of application package
24th May- Transcripts delivered
8th June- Acknowledgement of receipt of transcripts/File was placed in line for processing
10th July- ECA email from IQAS
14th July- Hard copy of ECA delivered by Fedex
hey
any idea, is amity university ( india) MBA recognized by IAQS?

grizsvasquez

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
cebu
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
hey
Do IAQS accepts the provisional degree given by the university as i have cleared my MBA this year only and it is to be received my november end.
so, if the transcripts are sent direct;y by the university and other photocopies ( provisonal degree) sent by me to them be accepted or not?
Thanks you.
hey
Thanks you.

I am not familiar with that but u can send an email inquiry directly to iqas. Use their webmail contact page.