+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

SinghAiroli

Oct 13, 2017
I had a bad experience with WES. Following is my report from WES:

Country of Education: India

1. Bachelor of Engineering: properly evaluated
Canadian equivalent: 4 year bachelors.

2. 2 year Post graduate diploma in Finance(Distance learning) from Welingkar institute of management and development(Mumbai)
WES say Course is from Non-Recognised institution.

I checked all the details on UGC-DEB.... This course is very well recognised and accredited by UGC-Distance Education bureau.

I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge and final said, "Course might be recognised but there is no Canadian equivalent "

My First Question to all:

Does Canada not have distance learning 2 year post graduate programs?

What can be alternate option to get it evaluated properly and get atleast some canadian equivalent?

I entered into EE pool in june 2017 and my CRS is 412.
My problem is I'm losing 32 points on CRS score because of it. Please help

Last edited:
Reactions: drsk

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016
What was your timeline?
Everyone, I've received my 3rd confirmation email along with electronic copy. They also mentioned the original was sent out by fedex to me. Good luck and thanks for sharing the timeline. (See my signature for more details).
ha

drsk

Oct 9, 2014
I had a bad experience with WES. Following is my report from WES:

Country of Education: India

1. Bachelor of Engineering: properly evaluated
Canadian equivalent: 4 year bachelors.

2. 2 year Post graduate diploma in Finance(Distance learning) from Welingkar institute of management and development(Mumbai)
WES say Course is from Non-Recognised institution.

I checked all the details on UGC-DEB.... This course is very well recognised and accredited by UGC-Distance Education bureau.

I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge and final said, "Course might be recognised but there is no Canadian equivalent "

My First Question to all:

Does Canada not have distance learning 2 year post graduate programs?

What can be alternate option to get it evaluated properly and get atleast some canadian equivalent?

I entered into EE pool in june 2017 and my CRS is 412.
My problem is I'm losing 32 points on CRS score because of it. Please help
I am going to have the same issue. Distance MBA from ADTU. I will go with ICAS or IQAS or ICES, the latter two i got from reading this forum. Did my degree evaluation through ICAS and got 4 years equivalent for BHMS. Took more than 3 months but satisfactory result. My current Crs is 398.

SinghAiroli

Oct 13, 2017
I am going to have the same issue. Distance MBA from ADTU. I will go with ICAS or IQAS or ICES, the latter two i got from reading this forum. Did my degree evaluation through ICAS and got 4 years equivalent for BHMS. Took more than 3 months but satisfactory result. My current Crs is 398.
Thanks.

What about Distance learning MBA?

Did u get Canadian equivalent for Distance learning MBA from ICAS?

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Received my Fedex package today. Took about 5 days to get to US.

Everyone, I've received my 3rd confirmation email along with electronic copy. They also mentioned the original was sent out by fedex to me. Good luck and thanks for sharing the timeline. (See my signature for more details).

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
Finally, received the 2nd email from IQAS about the delivery of the academic documents after 7 weeks. Really hoping to speed up the process.

samkhan111111

Oct 21, 2017
Wat I've noticed is that, IQAS 2nd email confirmation takes long time to come.....Is there a pattern?

I received my 1st email confirmation within three weeks but 2nd email confirmation, 4 weeks, still the wait continues.....

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Wat I've noticed is that, IQAS 2nd email confirmation takes long time to come.....Is there a pattern?

I received my 1st email confirmation within three weeks but 2nd email confirmation, 4 weeks, still the wait continues.....
Would you mind sharing your timeline? When did you applied and got the first email etc?

samkhan111111

Oct 21, 2017
My first document package was delivered on 18/09/2017 and received the confirmation on 7/10/2017.

My second package was delivered on 21/09/2017 but no confirmation. I'm not sure why it takes so long for the second email confirmation.

mhd_azeem

Jun 27, 2017
This is the worst service I have ever seen. To be honest, IQAS is worst than anything. I think the departments in Pakistan can work better than IQAS.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
My first document package was delivered on 18/09/2017 and received the confirmation on 7/10/2017.

My second package was delivered on 21/09/2017 but no confirmation. I'm not sure why it takes so long for the second email confirmation.
Did you get the 2nd confirmation email? Any luck

Last edited:

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,

Has anyone in this forum got their SCDL pgdba recognized from IQAS. Any batch before 2007?