+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES vs IQAS - reviews?

Csudine

Jul 16, 2016
I received this from my Query not sure what it means : “Your application is in line for processing to review and validate your educational documents. “

My first document package was delivered on 18/09/2017 and received the confirmation on 7/10/2017.

My second package was delivered on 21/09/2017 but no confirmation. I'm not sure why it takes so long for the second email confirmation.

Ishan Maken

Nov 11, 2017
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know if my MA in Maths attained from Manav Bharti University eligible for ECA. I read in the forum that WES does not recognize it. Has anybody got ECA done fro this university recently. Your urgent reply will be appreciated.

Thank You

Ishan Maken

Yogi19

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
2132/2232
I had a bad experience with WES. Following is my report from WES:

Country of Education: India

1. Bachelor of Engineering: properly evaluated
Canadian equivalent: 4 year bachelors.

2. 2 year Post graduate diploma in Finance(Distance learning) from Welingkar institute of management and development(Mumbai)
WES say Course is from Non-Recognised institution.

I checked all the details on UGC-DEB.... This course is very well recognised and accredited by UGC-Distance Education bureau.

I wrote multiple emails to WES but they didn't budge and final said, "Course might be recognised but there is no Canadian equivalent "

My First Question to all:

Does Canada not have distance learning 2 year post graduate programs?

What can be alternate option to get it evaluated properly and get atleast some canadian equivalent?

I entered into EE pool in june 2017 and my CRS is 412.
My problem is I'm losing 32 points on CRS score because of it. Please help
Please send your documents to IQAS or ICAS. These both agencies takes a lot of time but we don't have any other option. They will evaluate distance programs which are UGC approved. WES recognises IGNOU only.

Yogi19

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
2132/2232

samkhan111111

Oct 21, 2017
IQAS ECA third email received on 3rd Dec'17. Atlas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I've a question on CRS tool on official CIC website. When you are filling the points for Age, IELTS score, etc.... then there comes point 6- which request you to fill the work experience (number of years).

My question is, number of years being asked is Canadian experience or Foreign experience because without filling that particular point, it is impossible to get above CRS point 400.

Anyone who has EE profile, please advise.

Cheers and thanks.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
IQAS ECA third email received on 3rd Dec'17. Atlas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I've a question on CRS tool on official CIC website. When you are filling the points for Age, IELTS score, etc.... then there comes point 6- which request you to fill the work experience (number of years).

My question is, number of years being asked is Canadian experience or Foreign experience because without filling that particular point, it is impossible to get above CRS point 400.

Anyone who has EE profile, please advise.

Cheers and thanks.
Off topic, but would you mind sharing your timeline regarding the assessment? How long it took to get the outcome? Wasn't 3rd DEC a Sunday?

samkhan111111

Oct 21, 2017
My first document package was delivered on 18/09/2017 and received the confirmation on 7/10/2017.

My second package was delivered on 21/09/2017 and second email confirmation on 24/11/2017.

Total time: less than 3 months.

KMMS

Dec 16, 2017
I am not familiar with that but u can send an email inquiry directly to iqas. Use their webmail contact page.
Hi Griz.

Do you have any idea on what to write in IQAS application form? I'm having doubt cause I had 5 years of my bachelors degree where I have done the first 2 years in one university, transferred and finished the same course in another university. Shall I include both universities? or only where I graduated?

Reactions: michikoy1418

Yogi19

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
2132/2232
Dec 18, 2017
Hi All,

I got my 4 years engineering degree evaluated from WES. I also have a 1 year Post Graduate Degree which i know WES does not accept. If I go to IQAS for evaluation of my 1 year degree should I again attach transcripts of the engineering degree again too inspite of it being evalauated by WES. Any help would be great or similar previous experiences would be very helpful.

Thanks

samkhan111111

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Griz
My advise would be, first check with the University that issued your degree and also get information of IQAS or WES from them for example, do they send degrees to WES or IQAS? If yes, then next step will be to read IQAS application forms carefully and fill it accordingly. Then send it.

Be sure of all the information and documents before sending.

Good luck.

EEBANKER

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hello, I got my bachelor degree ECA from WES, and I would like to do the postgradute certificate from IQAS. Is it possible to do only for the postgrad certificate from IQAS or I will have to do the bacehlor degree again from them ?

Reactions: Kriticb

Kriticb

Jan 1, 2018
Does Pgdbm from symbiosis distance learning gets recognised by WES or IQAS? Any body got it evaluated??