+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

Devesh09

Sep 22, 2018
1. Take your ORIGINAL marksheets, passing certificate(s), degree certificate(s), transcript(s) to the University - NOT Kalina, go to Churchgate (Right next to Sydenham)
2. Considering this is for immigration, take two sets of black and white xeroxes (arrange them in the order you like). One set is for their record, other is for you to mail to WES (they charge 5 rupees per page for your copy, 0.50 paise for theirs). Additionally, take a small envelope and a larger envelope along with the address and your WES reference number on them. In case you haven't paid WES your fee, just write it all and keep the number area blank, you can add it later. If you have paid WES already, you know what to do.
3. They will attest the documents (director's signature and a couple of stamps) and stamp the envelopes, and return it to you within 24-48 hours. Preferred days of visit are Thursday and Friday as the crowds are lesser on these days; university office opens at 11. You can reach by 10.30 and get your token number; shouldn't take you more than 90-120 mins to get your work done.

Note that they won't seal the envelopes, but everything else will be in place. Just seal with glue and mail it to WES. No need to separate college degrees from university degrees. Just seal them all in one envelope, put it in a second one, and you are good to go.
Hello I have done BE from Mumbai. Do we need to have separate attestation for 2nd and 3rd year marksheets? Or all the 4 years from Mumbai University will do. WES says either University or college

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello I have done BE from Mumbai. Do we need to have separate attestation for 2nd and 3rd year marksheets? Or all the 4 years from Mumbai University will do. WES says either University or college
if WES says either, then get it attested from MU for sure.

Reactions: teekay1990

cyberbuddy

Jul 28, 2018
hi Experts , I would submit all 8 sem mark sheets xerox to MU for attestation ,will show them college transcript n all originals.

My doubt is
  1. We would be submitting two set of envelops containing the xerox's to MU for attestation , Correct ?
  2. One envelope with WES address written on it and another blank for the MU itself . Correct
  3. Pls advice , the WES expected envelop format .

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@cyberbuddy

Transcripts are not required as per the WES required documents checklist.

Check this screenshot - http://prntscr.com/l0krfa

The only documents required are as follows:

1. First Year Certificates (2 Small Ones) and Final Year Convocation Certificate (The Big One)
2. Sem 1 to Sem 4 Marksheets (Only the Passed Marksheets)

So, in total, we need to send 11 documents to the WES.

cyberbuddy

Jul 28, 2018
@nishant.t
Thanks , as per wes website all 8 sem marks sheet attested by Mu is also accepted . Or Year 2 n 3 attested by College .

For attestation submission n collection, do the candidate have to be personally present ? I can do it for my wife rite ? Pls advice

nishant.t

Sep 30, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@cyberbuddy

Get all marksheets attested by the university.

You can do it for your wife.

I am going day after tomorrow to Vidhyarthi Bhavan for this attestation purpose.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks , as per wes website all 8 sem marks sheet attested by Mu is also accepted . Or Year 2 n 3 attested by College .

For attestation submission n collection, do the candidate have to be personally present ? I can do it for my wife rite ? Pls advice
Yes you can for your wife. Make sure at the uni, you collect two tokens when waiting to submit - one for your docs, one for missus.

Get all 8 attested by university. Saves time and energy.

cyberbuddy

Jul 28, 2018
Yes you can for your wife. Make sure at the uni, you collect two tokens when waiting to submit - one for your docs, one for missus.

Get all 8 attested by university. Saves time and energy.
@zagcollins
Thanks for the reply , Pls also help to share the below two things if possible

1. Do i have to have a WES reference before i go for attestation ? Can i myself write the reference on the envelop after i collect the attested docs
  2. Pls share the address where in chruchgate is this attestation process . ( Iam flying to India this week so just making sure everyting is in place )

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
@zagcollins
Thanks for the reply , Pls also help to share the below two things if possible

1. Do i have to have a WES reference before i go for attestation ? Can i myself write the reference on the envelop after i collect the attested docs
  2. Pls share the address where in chruchgate is this attestation process . ( Iam flying to India this week so just making sure everyting is in place )
1. You need to put the WES Ref No along with the WES address on the envelope. You can keep the reference number portion blank.
2. Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, B Road, Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020, Next to Sydenham College. In simple words, it's in a lane right next to Churchgate railway station.

vinitvsankhe

Oct 26, 2018
I am BE from Mumbai University applied to WES for me and my wife (BE). WES just updated me with below response...

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Accepted
2. Statement of Marks (College Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Accepted
3. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
I had two sealed envelopes ... one that had college transcripts in envelope that was sealed and back flip stamped and signed by college and other had university marksheets attested and envelope sealed and back flip stamped and signed by University. University envelope was signed and stamped by university esp for WES so it had everything WES needs.

See images...
I then put them inside third bigger envelope with all details as in image and couriered via BlueDart.

Still they claim to have received one envelope but not others. I am not sure what exact additional documents they need.

Exact same procedure was followed for my wife but all her documents are received properly and acknowledged by WES.

I don't know what to do next? Do I have to get a fresh Mumbai University attested marksheets

Lack of clarity and transparency and manual processes of attestation, couriers, sealed envelopes etc is cumbersome and error prone. In spite of following all standard procedures people have to redo everything. This is sad.

Reactions: pramodnair82

naiks33

Oct 29, 2018
Hello,
I need to get my cred evaluation done for my BSc (computer science) and MCA degrees from Mumbai University for Wes. I am currently outside of India and have my orignal marksheets with me. My dad is in Mumbai. Will my dad have to produce orignals for getting a set of marksheets attested?

pramodnair82

Oct 27, 2018
I am BE from Mumbai University applied to WES for me and my wife (BE). WES just updated me with below response...

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Accepted
2. Statement of Marks (College Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Accepted
3. Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested), Bachelor of Engineering, 2003
  • Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.
I had two sealed envelopes ... one that had college transcripts in envelope that was sealed and back flip stamped and signed by college and other had university marksheets attested and envelope sealed and back flip stamped and signed by University. University envelope was signed and stamped by university esp for WES so it had everything WES needs.

See images...
I then put them inside third bigger envelope with all details as in image and couriered via BlueDart.

Still they claim to have received one envelope but not others. I am not sure what exact additional documents they need.

Exact same procedure was followed for my wife but all her documents are received properly and acknowledged by WES.

I don't know what to do next? Do I have to get a fresh Mumbai University attested marksheets

Lack of clarity and transparency and manual processes of attestation, couriers, sealed envelopes etc is cumbersome and error prone. In spite of following all standard procedures people have to redo everything. This is sad.
May I know where you got the university attestation from? Was it Kalina or Churchgate?