+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

rinaurvashi

Aug 30, 2018
Hi !

Can anyone help with solution to my problem.

Firstly, i live abroad hence cant physically be present to run around university and college to get my transcripts done. Can anyone tell me if it can be done over the calls and emails or i need to take a fight to India ?

I have done BMM from SIES college nerul. And as i understand i need to get my FY and SY semesters mark sheets copies attested (stamped and signed) in a sealed envelop by my college while TY semesters mark sheets and certificate copies be attested (stamped and signed) in a sealed envelop by University of Mumbai ? And ask them to send directly to WES address ?

Also, to whom shall i call for transcripts - Fort campus or kalina campus of Mumbai University ?

Any help will be highly appreciated ! thanks a lot in advance

cheers :)

Anonymusvins

Aug 8, 2018
India
Thanks for the clarification John !
I am still little unsure if WES actually requires college transcripts because it’s website just mentions marksheets. They have specified it for B.Engg, B.com etc but for everyone else, they have asked for only marksheets.
Getting transcripts from college is not only time consuming but expensive as well, but don’t feel like taking a chance.
Wish there were more MBBS in the forum who have some experience with WES.
Thanks again!
Anand
Hi Anand

Getting transcripts from college is not much of a tedious process. I got my transcripts from the Institute where i did my Masters and they charged me INR 100 per set and my Degree college charged me INR 1000 for 5 sets. You can expect to receive the same in 20-25 days depending upon the efficiency of staff in your Institute :p

ArtJac218

Aug 27, 2018
Chennai
One more question for Mumbai University ..Can someone please guide.

Completed Bsc IT in 2009 and I stay at a different city currently.

In Wes website, it says we can get the first 4 semester marksheets get attested by college 'OR' university.

I Contacted @MailTranscripts today and they said they will get everything attested from university and that's enough and it works.

1.Is this the correct way or somehow I should find a way to get the first 4 marksheet copies attested by college ?
2. Are transcripts same as marksheets for mumbai university ?

Reactions: pramodnair82

ManvirKaur

Sep 1, 2018
Hi all thanks for detailed procedure of Wes.... I'm in really bad situation. ..in my 2yr bcom (2002) I'm having Kt in law that I've not cleared n I have my graduation marksheet n passing certificate. What will happen in Wes in this situation pls guide?

vineetj2202

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

I have been following this thread for the past couple of days. Just let me know if I understood the process correctly.

B.Com : 2011 passout
MMS : 2014 passout

Since, I do not fall into the decade old passouts category , I don't require transcripts for any of my Documents.

I will next week visit the Mumbai Uni ( Churchgate ) and :
BCom : submit 1st, 2nd and 3rd year marksheets along with degree certificate for attestion.
( Note : 1st and 2nd year examinations were conducted by college and not MU , but I'm assuming they will attest it without any transcript for them )

MMS:
submit 1st, 2nd ,3rd & 4th sem. marksheets along with degree certificate for attestion.
( Note : 1st and 2nd sem were conducted by college and not MU , but I'm assuming they will attest it without any transcript for them )
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Siddharth-BOM

Aug 20, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-02-2019
Hi,

I have been following this thread for the past couple of days. Just let me know if I understood the process correctly.

B.Com : 2011 passout
MMS : 2014 passout

Since, I do not fall into the decade old passouts category , I don't require transcripts for any of my Documents.

I will next week visit the Mumbai Uni ( Churchgate ) and :
BCom : submit 1st, 2nd and 3rd year marksheets along with degree certificate for attestion.
( Note : 1st and 2nd year examinations were conducted by college and not MU , but I'm assuming they will attest it without any transcript for them )

MMS:
submit 1st, 2nd ,3rd & 4th sem. marksheets along with degree certificate for attestion.
( Note : 1st and 2nd sem were conducted by college and not MU , but I'm assuming they will attest it without any transcript for them )
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Yep. That's about it.

Also, try going on a weekday if possible. I went on September 1st (Saturday) and there were a LOT of people who wanted to get their attestations done. MU attestations are extremely quick these days. You can collect your envelopes the very next day!

vineetj2202

Sep 8, 2018
Yep. That's about it.

Also, try going on a weekday if possible. I went on September 1st (Saturday) and there were a LOT of people who wanted to get their attestations done. MU attestations are extremely quick these days. You can collect your envelopes the very next day!
Thanks mate for the headsup ! Probably would go there tomorrow. It's comforting to know that their process has improved.

salgshetty

Jun 2, 2017
Hello Zag,

Sorry if this is naive question.
wrt "Open one of the sealed transcripts", should i do this in front of the MU guys ONLY and then get B/W photocopies ?
My concern is, will MU accept B/W photocopies of the transcripts that was not opened in their presence !!

Appreciate if you could respond at the earliest, as i am contemplating to visit MU, C'gate tomorrow.

actually, open one of the sealed transcripts (rest you can keep in your personal file). I did that for the missus. Why? That way you can attach and attest all the documents from the university and send it in one envelope. That's the transcript, marksheets, passing certificate and the degree certificate.

MU will take B&W xeroxes of all documents (even your transcript) in duplicate. So, one set for MU records and one set for WES. Hope this makes it clear. All of these will be in a smaller envelope, and then put the smaller envelope in a larger one and send.

As for courier, send through any of them - FEDEX, DHL, DTDC. From the time it leaves Indian shores, takes about 48-72 hours to reach WES, assuming you send it start or middle of the week.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello Zag,

Sorry if this is naive question.
wrt "Open one of the sealed transcripts", should i do this in front of the MU guys ONLY and then get B/W photocopies ?
My concern is, will MU accept B/W photocopies of the transcripts that was not opened in their presence !!

Appreciate if you could respond at the earliest, as i am contemplating to visit MU, C'gate tomorrow.
nope, open it before hand, like the rest of the documents. MU attests B&W photocopies of all documents.

Reactions: salgshetty

uni1

Sep 14, 2018
With respect to MU and BE/MMS degrees, are not the marksheets/certificate/convocation attested by MU enough?

Why is there so much emphasis on getting college transcripts? I can understand MU has a requirement for transcripts if degree is more than 10 years old, but otherwise is there any need to even get college transcripts?

anshami

Sep 22, 2018
Hi...
I have a BA from Ruparel college and a MA from the Dept.of Applied Psychology, Mumbai University
I did my MA around 2 decades back !

Would be great if any of you could clarify this...
1) SSC (class 10) mark sheet not needed RIGHT ?
2) what about the HSC (class 12) marksheet ?
3) i need to go to Ruparel College and get my FYBA and SYBA mark sheets... photocopy the... and attest them by the same college and have them seal the envelope... RIGHT?
4) for my TYBA (final year BA) mark sheet, do i have to go to Mumbai University (since it conducted the exam) or Ruparel college itself ?
5) i have to go to churchgate dept. (mentioned in several comments above) to get my MA first and Second year mark sheets ? and have them attested there itself ? or do I need to go to my department in the Kalina campus and first get mark sheets then go to churchgate to attest?

6) once i have it all i have to send across sealed envelopes and physically attested mark sheet copies to WES ?
7) the payment for the same has to be made online? before or after?

could really use your help and patience :)
thanks

Cjain

Jul 11, 2017
Here is what I did.

I took photocopies of my Bcom and MMS marksheets, convocations and provisional degree and I went to churcgate campus for attestation. They returned all the copies in 2 days. (Ensure you take 2 sets and 2 A4 size envelopes).
I mailed the attested the documents in the university sealed envelope to WES and my documents were accepted by them. My report is due on 5th October. No transcripts are required for degrees from Mumbai University

Hope this helps!

anshami

Sep 22, 2018
Here is what I did.

I took photocopies of my Bcom and MMS marksheets, convocations and provisional degree and I went to churcgate campus for attestation. They returned all the copies in 2 days. (Ensure you take 2 sets and 2 A4 size envelopes).
I mailed the attested the documents in the university sealed envelope to WES and my documents were accepted by them. My report is due on 5th October. No transcripts are required for degrees from Mumbai University

Hope this helps!
THIS IS REALLY HELPFUL... THANK YOU...
Are all BA mark sheets needed ? I mean FYBA and SYBA and TYBA (all terms ? so 6 in all ?)