+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

Anonymusvins

Aug 8, 2018
India
I can answer the MMS one. Take transcripts from your college and also get those attested by office in Churchgate. That should work. If you look at the WES website they have a separate procedure defined for Engineering degree from MU but that does not apply to MMS.
@cansha You still haven't answered my question. Please refer to point 1 and guide if i should take transcripts for all 4 semesters or just 2 semesters (conducted by institution) ?

Last edited:

Anonymusvins

Aug 8, 2018
India
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Take all 4 semesters from Institution. Mumbai University doesn't create "Transcripts" . They just attest those.
@cansha Appreciate your revert. So once i'm done with this, I will take the transcripts for both my Graduation and Masters along with Marksheets, Degree certificates and convocation certificates, get them attested at MU churchgate office, put them all in an envelope and send it over to WES Canada untampered. Right ?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@cansha Appreciate your revert. So once i'm done with this, I will take the transcripts for both my Graduation and Masters along with Marksheets, Degree certificates and convocation certificates, get them attested at MU churchgate office, put them all in an envelope and send it over to WES Canada untampered. Right ?
See for graduation check if WES has some instructions. I can just confirm for MMS. So yes for MMS take transcripts from your institute. Also on transcripts take stamp from them. Take them to MU office. Take their stamp on transcripts. Put transcripts in an envelop and stamp the flap from University.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi @zagcollins . Have gone through the entire thread,understood everything but still little hickups. Just want to clear some final doubts.

Have completed my MMS through an institute in 2015 wherein from 3rd and 4th semester (2nd year) few subjects exams were conducted by MU. Apart from this Have completed Bcom in 2011 where the 3rd year was conducted by MU.

1 - Went to my MMS institute today for the transcripts and explained them the same thing as expected by WES ( Sem1 & Sem 2 transcripts from them with attested marksheets). They told me that the transcript would contain all 4 semesters and this is the procedure they follow for everyone. - Is it fine if i get the transcripts for all 4 semesters or should i ask them to provide only for 2 semesters as they said the transcripts would be incomplete then ?

2 - Considering my Graduation degree, should i follow the same process of obtaining the transcripts for all 3 yrs or just 2 yrs conducted by the institute.

3 - As explained by you earlier, i will get all these docs attested by MU from their Churchgate office and then share it with WES.

Request you to put some light on points 1 & 2 . Would appreciate your guidance
yes for both questions. transcripts come with the option of choosing the semesters you want, but you'll need all semesters. College will provide all semesters, irrespective of whether the exam was conducted by them or the uni.

atul.maharao

Aug 17, 2018
Hello,

I did my B.Com from Mulund College of Commerce, that is affiliated with Mumbai University from 2003 (F.Y) to 2006 (T.Y). I need to submit my documents for the WES evaluation. I have been recently told by one of my colleagues, that there is a different procedure to be followed for graduation completed before 2008 (before 10 yrs). Can anyone please help me with the exact procedure ?

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
Hello,

I did my B.Com from Mulund College of Commerce, that is affiliated with Mumbai University from 2003 (F.Y) to 2006 (T.Y). I need to submit my documents for the WES evaluation. I have been recently told by one of my colleagues, that there is a different procedure to be followed for graduation completed before 2008 (before 10 yrs). Can anyone please help me with the exact procedure ?
1.You would need to get the transcripts for all the 3 years from your college (since all the documents are more than 10 years old)
2.once that is done, get (x+1) sets of photocopies of your transcripts, year-wise marksheets and the degree certificate ( 'x' is the number of copies you want to attest , the additional 1 is for university records)
3. visit the Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi bhavan next to jai hind college and complete the formalities.

I had got all my documents attested directly from the University itself and they got accepted by the WES

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hey, I just had one doubt regarding the attestation. I am currently seeking a PR in Canada for immigration( i.e. through the federal skilled workers program, express entry) and not further studies . So for that purpose can I get my marksheets attested from Churchgate? Or do I have to go to Kalina?

I have heard that students who wish to study abroad and are getting their marksheets attested for WES need to get them at Churchgate. The rest of the guys eg. The ones applying for a PR through the federal skilled workers program (express entry) need to get their final year engineering marksheets and convocation certificate only attested from the head office of MU at Kalina

Now which one is true. Can ppl pls help me.
Why do PPL get their documents attested from Kalina (where they have to pay 1500 for attestation per pg, and it takes 25 days)when they can have it done from churchgate for 5rs per pg and collect it in 10 days?

Siddharth-BOM

Aug 20, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-02-2019
Hi!

I've been reading the info on the official WES Canada website for B.E graduates from Mumbai University. As per my understanding I just need to get xerox copies all mark sheets (8 semesters) and my degree attested by the University. However, I can get mark sheets for 2nd and 3rd year attested from my college, if I choose to do so. Further, they don't seem to require any transcript for B.E graduates, though I read on the forums that MU will not attest mark sheets if the year of passing is more than 10 years ago. I've graduated in 2013, so it doesn't seem like I'll be requiring the transcripts.

It'd be great if someone could confirm this.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi!

I've been reading the info on the official WES Canada website for B.E graduates from Mumbai University. As per my understanding I just need to get xerox copies all mark sheets (8 semesters) and my degree attested by the University. However, I can get mark sheets for 2nd and 3rd year attested from my college, if I choose to do so. Further, they don't seem to require any transcript for B.E graduates, though I read on the forums that MU will not attest mark sheets if the year of passing is more than 10 years ago. I've graduated in 2013, so it doesn't seem like I'll be requiring the transcripts.

It'd be great if someone could confirm this.
You're right.

ANANDKK2014

Jul 12, 2018
Hello,
I looked up and haven’t come across this info anywhere, so posting it here about my unique situation.
1. I have completed my MBBS from Somaiya medical college Sion under Mumbai university.
The college did issue a transcript in the past - my question is for WES evaluation, do one needs to submit both college transcript AND Mumbai university marksheets and degree attestation in a sealed envelope ? WES website says ONLY marksheets from Mumbai universality. Please confirm !
2. I also have a post graduate diploma from college of physicians and surgeons (CPS) from Parel Mumbai.
They are autonomous body and don’t fall under any university but aren’t listed in WES list of autonomous institutions.
Would it work if I have them attest the marksheets and degree certificate and have it sealed with CPS stamp etc.
Thanks in advance,
Anand

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello,
I looked up and haven’t come across this info anywhere, so posting it here about my unique situation.
1. I have completed my MBBS from Somaiya medical college Sion under Mumbai university.
The college did issue a transcript in the past - my question is for WES evaluation, do one needs to submit both college transcript AND Mumbai university marksheets and degree attestation in a sealed envelope ? WES website says ONLY marksheets from Mumbai universality. Please confirm !
2. I also have a post graduate diploma from college of physicians and surgeons (CPS) from Parel Mumbai.
They are autonomous body and don’t fall under any university but aren’t listed in WES list of autonomous institutions.
Would it work if I have them attest the marksheets and degree certificate and have it sealed with CPS stamp etc.
Thanks in advance,
Anand
Hey Anand.
1. In my opinion you should submit your transcripts + your marksheets attested from the university. Infact take a copy of your transcripts and have that attested from the students counsel at Churchgate too along with your marksheets and tell them to have it all sealed in an envelope.
2. I think if it's a post graduate diploma, I don't think it needs to be attested. Not sure about that. Just send your transcripts to WES.

ANANDKK2014

Jul 12, 2018
Hey Anand.
1. In my opinion you should submit your transcripts + your marksheets attested from the university. Infact take a copy of your transcripts and have that attested from the students counsel at Churchgate too along with your marksheets and tell them to have it all sealed in an envelope.
2. I think if it's a post graduate diploma, I don't think it needs to be attested. Not sure about that. Just send your transcripts to WES.
Hey John,
Thanks for your quick response - appreciated !
I will get both transcripts and marksheets attested by the university.
Just to clarify, when I send the college transcript along with, I also need those to be sealed and signed by the college authorities, correct?
Thanks again,
Anand

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hey John,
Thanks for your quick response - appreciated !
I will get both transcripts and marksheets attested by the university.
Just to clarify, when I send the college transcript along with, I also need those to be sealed and signed by the college authorities, correct?
Thanks again,
Anand
Yes
So what you should do is when your college issues you your transcripts ask them for 4 to 5 copies of the transcripts. So your final envelope ( the one that you want to courier) should contain the following
1. The sealed envelope of your transcripts provided by your college
2. The sealed envelope of your MU attested copies of your marksheets + the MU attested photocopy of your transcripts of your college ( for the latter you will have to open a sealed envelope of one of the multiple copies your college had provided you)
3. The sealed envelope of you PGDip

ANANDKK2014

Jul 12, 2018
Yes
So what you should do is when your college issues you your transcripts ask them for 4 to 5 copies of the transcripts. So your final envelope ( the one that you want to courier) should contain the following
1. The sealed envelope of your transcripts provided by your college
2. The sealed envelope of your MU attested copies of your marksheets + the MU attested photocopy of your transcripts of your college ( for the latter you will have to open a sealed envelope of one of the multiple copies your college had provided you)
3. The sealed envelope of you PGDip
Thanks for the clarification John !
I am still little unsure if WES actually requires college transcripts because it’s website just mentions marksheets. They have specified it for B.Engg, B.com etc but for everyone else, they have asked for only marksheets.
Getting transcripts from college is not only time consuming but expensive as well, but don’t feel like taking a chance.
Wish there were more MBBS in the forum who have some experience with WES.
Thanks again!
Anand