+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

hds6825

Jul 1, 2018
Hello @sandycan10

Can you answer the following questions as my wife has a similar case -

1. What was the outcome of the M.Com. from MU IDOL evaluated from WES? Did WES accept the M.Com. correspondence course from MU IDOL for evaluation?

2. How many total credits did they give you for the first year of M.Com. course (just the first year)?

Thanks!
@zagcollins , @AmeyaGodbole -

My questions were related to M.Com. (Correspondence) course, but if you have idea on how WES would evaluate the M.Com. (Regular) course can you answer my questions?

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
@zagcollins , @AmeyaGodbole -

My questions were related to M.Com. (Correspondence) course, but if you have idea on how WES would evaluate the M.Com. (Regular) course can you answer my questions?
Hi. When it comes to correspondence courses, WES has shown some inconsistency. If you read some of the other threads, you'll see that for some people they accepted the degree and for some they didn't. So I'm not really sure what criteria they have for evaluating correspondence degrees and how many credits they give for them. They have not explicitly mentioned anything related to correspondence courses on their website Hence, there's the ambiguity.

M. Com from IDOL is a 2 year correspondence with yearly examination. (both held by university). So get those 2 marksheets attested along with the degree certificate and convocation (if you have) and follow the same process.

Hope for the best!

doogie88

Jun 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
Can anyone guide me, I have a couple of question regarding M.COM from IDOL Mumbai University,

1. Do they give a degree or just passing certificates each for the 2 years and consider that as a degree , I am asking this because I am not sure and I don't live in Mumbai nor have any relatives who can go and check for me.
  2. How much time to get the transcripts from IDOL and get them attested from Churchgate office?

AmeyaGodbole

Jul 16, 2018
Can anyone guide me, I have a couple of question regarding M.COM from IDOL Mumbai University,

1. Do they give a degree or just passing certificates each for the 2 years and consider that as a degree , I am asking this because I am not sure and I don't live in Mumbai nor have any relatives who can go and check for me.
  2. How much time to get the transcripts from IDOL and get them attested from Churchgate office?
If you've already completed your M. Com., ideally you should already have 2 marksheets (Statement of marks, one for each year) and a degree certificate for the completion of M. Com.

You need these 3 documents for WES. If you don't have any of the marksheets or degree certificate, you have to get it/them first. Degree certificate is also mandatory for WES.

Once you have all three with you, scan them and get them attested via mailtranscripts. They'll get it done within 7-10 working days.

Reactions: doogie88

hds6825

Jul 1, 2018
Hi. When it comes to correspondence courses, WES has shown some inconsistency. If you read some of the other threads, you'll see that for some people they accepted the degree and for some they didn't. So I'm not really sure what criteria they have for evaluating correspondence degrees and how many credits they give for them. They have not explicitly mentioned anything related to correspondence courses on their website Hence, there's the ambiguity.

M. Com from IDOL is a 2 year correspondence with yearly examination. (both held by university). So get those 2 marksheets attested along with the degree certificate and convocation (if you have) and follow the same process.

Hope for the best!
Your explanation sounds good. Just for knowledge, there's one question pending -

How many total credits does WES offer you for the M.Com. degree (Regular or Correspondence) from University of Mumbai? This detail can be found on the WES Evaluation report

@sandycan10 , @AmeyaGodbole

doogie88

Jun 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
21-09-2018
IELTS Request
30-06-2018
If you've already completed your M. Com., ideally you should already have 2 marksheets (Statement of marks, one for each year) and a degree certificate for the completion of M. Com.

You need these 3 documents for WES. If you don't have any of the marksheets or degree certificate, you have to get it/them first. Degree certificate is also mandatory for WES.

Once you have all three with you, scan them and get them attested via mailtranscripts. They'll get it done within 7-10 working days.
I only got 2 passing certificates from the University, people are saying that IDOL doesn't give degree, and those certificates should be valid :/

Seemamishal

Jul 25, 2018
Can anyone guide me.
Couple of question regarding eca for parttime MFM (masters in finance management ) from MU 3 years course year of passing 2010
1. 1st and second sem (1ST year)exams conducted by college.
2. Remaing 3..4..5..6 sem exams conducted by MU
Please let me know what is the procedure for eca

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I only got 2 passing certificates from the University, people are saying that IDOL doesn't give degree, and those certificates should be valid :/
get your marksheets and passing certificate validated by MU. Also, ask them if WES accepts documents without convocation. They know the WES procedures in and out.

Reactions: doogie88

cyberbuddy

Jul 28, 2018
Hi Experts , Please advice , I plan to do the Mumbai university attestation of all the 8 engineering semesters MARKSHEETS , seal it and then put it in one envelop and send to WES . Will this be ok ? or i need college transcript also ?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Experts , Please advice , I plan to do the Mumbai university attestation of all the 8 engineering semesters MARKSHEETS , seal it and then put it in one envelop and send to WES . Will this be ok ? or i need college transcript also ?
you need transcript if you cleared your final engineering exam(s) a decade or more ago (MU will not attest your marksheets without the transcripts in that case)

Reactions: teekay1990

cyberbuddy

Jul 28, 2018
Thanks zagcollins, I am 2010 pass out and have 3 copies of college transcript in sealed , stamped ,cross signed envelope . I had got these transcripts in 2015 from the college but never opened or used it . Can i use this transcript to submit to MU for mark sheet attestation ? Or need to get fresh transcript from the college again ? Thanks once again.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks zagcollins, I am 2010 pass out and have 3 copies of college transcript in sealed , stamped ,cross signed envelope . I had got these transcripts in 2015 from the college but never opened or used it . Can i use this transcript to submit to MU for mark sheet attestation ? Or need to get fresh transcript from the college again ? Thanks once again.
You can as a backup option, but you don't need em. Been eight years since you cleared, so.

Anonymusvins

Aug 8, 2018
India
Hi @zagcollins . Have gone through the entire thread,understood everything but still little hickups. Just want to clear some final doubts.

Have completed my MMS through an institute in 2015 wherein from 3rd and 4th semester (2nd year) few subjects exams were conducted by MU. Apart from this Have completed Bcom in 2011 where the 3rd year was conducted by MU.

1 - Went to my MMS institute today for the transcripts and explained them the same thing as expected by WES ( Sem1 & Sem 2 transcripts from them with attested marksheets). They told me that the transcript would contain all 4 semesters and this is the procedure they follow for everyone. - Is it fine if i get the transcripts for all 4 semesters or should i ask them to provide only for 2 semesters as they said the transcripts would be incomplete then ?

2 - Considering my Graduation degree, should i follow the same process of obtaining the transcripts for all 3 yrs or just 2 yrs conducted by the institute.

3 - As explained by you earlier, i will get all these docs attested by MU from their Churchgate office and then share it with WES.

Request you to put some light on points 1 & 2 . Would appreciate your guidance

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi @zagcollins . Have gone through the entire thread,understood everything but still little hickups. Just want to clear some final doubts.

Have completed my MMS through an institute in 2015 wherein from 3rd and 4th semester (2nd year) few subjects exams were conducted by MU. Apart from this Have completed Bcom in 2011 where the 3rd year was conducted by MU.

1 - Went to my MMS institute today for the transcripts and explained them the same thing as expected by WES ( Sem1 & Sem 2 transcripts from them with attested marksheets). They told me that the transcript would contain all 4 semesters and this is the procedure they follow for everyone. - Is it fine if i get the transcripts for all 4 semesters or should i ask them to provide only for 2 semesters as they said the transcripts would be incomplete then ?

2 - Considering my Graduation degree, should i follow the same process of obtaining the transcripts for all 3 yrs or just 2 yrs conducted by the institute.

3 - As explained by you earlier, i will get all these docs attested by MU from their Churchgate office and then share it with WES.

Request you to put some light on points 1 & 2 . Would appreciate your guidance
I can answer the MMS one. Take transcripts from your college and also get those attested by office in Churchgate. That should work. If you look at the WES website they have a separate procedure defined for Engineering degree from MU but that does not apply to MMS.