+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
qualified? You mean attained your degree in 2007? Then, yes. Don't bother going to MU to attest in that case, they'll send you back.

If you mean that you started your degree in 2007 and say finished it in 2009, then no. It's the final exam/passing certificate year that matters.
i have passed in yr 2007, hence i wld obtain transcript from college and then go to MU for attestation?

so transcript obtained from college would be year wise and in sealed envelope? how should i submit those to MU if provided in sealed envelope by college?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
i have passed in yr 2007, hence i wld obtain transcript from college and then go to MU for attestation?

so transcript obtained from college would be year wise and in sealed envelope? how should i submit those to MU if provided in sealed envelope by college?
Yes, that's correct. Get it from your college.
Remove it from envelope, and get it photo copied - plain black and white. Carry original though because MU will want to verify it against the original, and transcript will be semesterwise.

sandycan10

Aug 8, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I want to share my experience here.

As suggested by senior members of group i applied to wes for my wife's ECA.
For her b. Com degree from MU

1) I collected 1&2 year marksheets attested and transcripts from college in a sealed envelope
2) i further got 3rd year (university yr) marksheets and degree certificate attested plus college transcript of 3rd yr issued by college and attested by MU in sealed envelope

Moreover i provided them a letter of explanation regarding name change post marriage.

Her docs got accepted within a week of their receipt. Thanks to @Zagoclins and Mr Makarand for your proper guidance
@ zagcollins

Even I am a B.com passout before 2008......After getting the documents verified and attested from MU. I need to submit to WES the above mentioned docs but.......

For B.com: -
Right now, I have got Mark sheet attested from college not in a sealed envelope and transcript with a college seal on the envelope and signed by principal over the seal

For my wife's : - Transcript are in sealed envolope with college stamp but not signed over the envolope by principal.

Do I need to have Transcript & Mark sheet from college in a sealed envelope with principal signature across the envelope? Do I have to submit both to WES? Will the university attestation of transcript from college not suffice while sending to WES?

For M.com:-
Last month, I got a single transcript copy in a sealed envolope not signed across the envolope from IDOL - Kalina, Santacruz.
We both did M. com correspondence in 2014. Should I just get mark sheet and certificate attested from church gate and submit it to WES? and not bother about submitting the transcript acquired from Kalina?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
@ zagcollins

Even I am a B.com passout before 2008......After getting the documents verified and attested from MU. I need to submit to WES the above mentioned docs but.......

For B.com: -
Right now, I have got Mark sheet attested from college not in a sealed envelope and transcript with a college seal on the envelope and signed by principal over the seal

For my wife's : - Transcript are in sealed envolope with college stamp but not signed over the envolope by principal.

Do I need to have Transcript & Mark sheet from college in a sealed envelope with principal signature across the envelope? Do I have to submit both to WES? Will the university attestation of transcript from college not suffice while sending to WES?

For M.com:-
Last month, I got a single transcript copy in a sealed envolope not signed across the envolope from IDOL - Kalina, Santacruz.
We both did M. com correspondence in 2014. Should I just get mark sheet and certificate attested from church gate and submit it to WES? and not bother about submitting the transcript acquired from Kalina?
college seal not required as the B&W xeroxes will need to be attested by MU, not the original. MU will of course look at the originals at the same time as well. The seal that you are looking for will come from MU, stamps to be specific. The final sealing, so to speak, will be done by you once MU hands over the stamped envelopes and docs to you. Just to clarify, you will be sending your attested xeroxes to WES, not the originals.

Yup, you are right about the MCOM degree. However, if I understand what you have written correctly, you have already acquired the transcript from MU. Therefore, get it attested as well and send. No harm. You are probably going to spend another 20-30 bucks extra, that's it.

sandycan10

Aug 8, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
college seal not required as the B&W xeroxes will need to be attested by MU, not the original. MU will of course look at the originals at the same time as well. The seal that you are looking for will come from MU, stamps to be specific. The final sealing, so to speak, will be done by you once MU hands over the stamped envelopes and docs to you. Just to clarify, you will be sending your attested xeroxes to WES, not the originals.

Yup, you are right about the MCOM degree. However, if I understand what you have written correctly, you have already acquired the transcript from MU. Therefore, get it attested as well and send. No harm. You are probably going to spend another 20-30 bucks extra, that's it.
@ zagcollins
Thanks for the quick revert,
So to cut my long story short, I will just submit all the B&W attested docs by MU to WES, correct?
Then why others have submitted transcripts and mark sheet attested from college?

For M.com - I got it from Kalina university. Without opening the transcript envelope, should I just include it in the set of attested docs from church gate university and submit it to WES?

Thanks for you help!!! Appreciated!

Reactions: teekay1990

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
@ zagcollins
Thanks for the quick revert,
So to cut my long story short, I will just submit all the B&W attested docs by MU to WES, correct?
Then why others have submitted transcripts and mark sheet attested from college?

For M.com - I got it from Kalina university. Without opening the transcript envelope, should I just include it in the set of attested docs from church gate university and submit it to WES?

Thanks for you help!!! Appreciated!
what others have done/are doing I cannot comment on. I have only submitted my marksheets, transcript (because degree more than a decade old), and passing certificate to MU and gotten them attested. Additionally, WES accepted them immediately.

Remove the MCOM transcript from the envelope and get it attested from MU, CCGATE. Not sure what the confusion is really. All attested docs for a particular degree in one envelope, and that envelope/envelopes (these envelopes will be attested by MU, not the big one that you send them in) in a big envelope to WES.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Yes, that's correct. Get it from your college.
Remove it from envelope, and get it photo copied - plain black and white. Carry original though because MU will want to verify it against the original, and transcript will be semesterwise.
what's the purpose of Academic Records Request Form in B.Com degree attestation from MU
I understand this form is required only if MU is sending the documents directly to WES? pls share.

Dhwani24

May 30, 2018
Do we need transcripts from the college and university because WES' website doesn't mention the same.
(they've mentioned the need for attested copies of marksheets and final/convocation degree)

If yes then do said transcripts have to be attested by your college where the first 4 semesters were held by the college and Mumbai University separately for the last 2 semesters which were conducted by the University?

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
@zagcollins..

Having graduated in 2009, I do NOT transcripts, right? In a nutshell, there would be two envelopes-
1. FY and SY ( as separate marksheets) copies attested and sealed by college
2. Final Year (TY) copies attested and sealed by MU.

Another query, for the PG degree, it has been mentioned that we need to attach our UG degree certs and marksheet. So do i need to make a second set of attested copies of my UG marksheets and cert for assessing my PG degree?

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
@zagcollins..

Having graduated in 2009, I do NOT transcripts, right? In a nutshell, there would be two envelopes-
1. FY and SY ( as separate marksheets) copies attested and sealed by college
2. Final Year (TY) copies attested and sealed by MU.

Another query, for the PG degree, it has been mentioned that we need to attach our UG degree certs and marksheet. So do i need to make a second set of attested copies of my UG marksheets and cert for assessing my PG degree?
yup, no transcript needed.

Take FY SY and TY marksheets, passing cert, and convocation degree, and get them attested by MU. Put them in the envelope that MU attests (yes, MU will attest the envelope as well). Do the exact same thing for your PG degree (you do not need a second set of your UG degree). Take both envelopes and put it in one large envelope and send to WES - the larger envelope won't be attested by MU and that's fine.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
For all queries related to WES Mumbai, please go through the thread carefully. All related information has been posted several times by me (and others), and you will find your answer in here. I am not going to be addressing any future queries that are already available. If it's something totally different, I will address it. Thanks.

rohan.more

Dec 18, 2017
I got my MU Engg degree verified from WES. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Get attested transcripts from your college (I needed these as I passed out before 2008). It costed my 1000 bucks for 10 copies. This fee entirely depends on your college.
2. Take 2 b/w xerox of these transcripts.
3. Take 2 b/w xerox of all your marksheets along with the convocation certificate.
4. Make 2 sets (transcripts + marksheets + convocation certificate is one set) and put these 2 sets in 2 different envelopes. Write your WES reference number and WES Canada address on one envelope. The other envelope is for MU to keep as reference. Donot write your address on any of the envelopes.
5. Take these to Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan (near Sydenham). Fill a form. They will take both the envelopes. You will have to pay some nominal charges. I guess it was approx 100 bucks for me.
6. Go after a week your envelope will be ready. They attested all my copies (even the college transcripts).
7. Seal the envelope properly. Make sure the seal on the cover of envelope doesnt get tampered.
8. Send it to WES. WES is taking almost a month these days to evaluate. So be patient.

Hope this helps!

anjanacarri

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
18-12-2018
LANDED..........
18-07-2019
how long does it take for Mumbai University to attest the documents?

I believe, the status can be checked online on the student's welfare department site...but there are chances that it could be delayed..
I will be visiting Mumbai...so i would appreciate if anyone could help me with the timelines here.

jaychowdhury

Jun 29, 2018
Hi All,

Just a few clarifications. Wht I heard was u need to submit only d highest qualification certificate to WES. I've done bachelor's in commerce, so am I supposed to get transcripts for my FY & SY as well? R u sure? Secondly, if i am unable to go personally & get d transcripts done from d University of Mumbai, can I send someone on my behalf or is there a consultant of sort where they charge u wit a nominal fee & do d running around for u on ur behalf & hand us d transcript.

Can someone please let me know this?

Thanks,
Jay..