+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

Sanchit.R

Nov 29, 2018
1. You need the original documents. MU verifies the photocopies against the originals. Can you convince MU to do otherwise? This is India, I won't speculate.
2. WES has changed its rules as far as India is concerned from December 1, 2018. Therefore, MU will need to courier your documents to WES - previously, MU would attest it all and hand it over to the applicant. The applicant would then need to courier it. What's the new procedure and cost? No idea. Even I would love to know.
3. Marksheets and transcripts are different. You need transcripts for all courses that have been completed a decade (or more) ago. Anything lesser and marksheets + convocation are fine.

Please continue to monitor for subtle rule changes. I am now a veteran here and may get some of the information wrong :)
Hi.Do you have any latest info regarding mailing of the sealed envelope directly by MU?

Spradeep

Jun 2, 2018
a transcript will have details of the course, subjects and marks for all years in a single document, unless you specifically ask them not to provide details of all years. A transcript is NOT compulsory for WES unless you have completed that degree more than a decade ago - MU will not attest your docs without the transcript in that case.

Read carefully
: You need a transcript only if you have completed your degree(s) in 2008 or earlier.

I have completed my BA in 2001, what should i do to get my wes

siddg

Dec 3, 2018
Some updates :

1. So I visited the Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan in Churchgate. (https://goo.gl/maps/PYvJwH7oyGU2). The process is identical to what most people described. I am still not sure if they will attest the copy of university marksheets against college transcripts , although the guy apparently told me they will (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS). However I overheard an interesting conversation about WES (not related to my case but still I thought I'd mention.

So apparently,for MBA graduates, WES only recognizes MBA courses from certain colleges such as IIMs as two year courses. This also applies to MMS courses. But something like PGDM, even from reputed colleges(for instance JBIMS), MAYBE considered only as a 1 year specialization instead of a two year masters. In case anyone is in a similar boat, please research and query WES before paying them.

2. I was digging up stuff on the internet and came across this :
@zagcollins FYR
https://ves.ac.in/vesit/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/01/PROCEDURE-FOR-DUPLICATE-MARKSHEET-OF-MUMBAI-UNIVERSITY.pdf

The site in the aforementioned document :
https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en

Has anyone tried this site? Its a legitimate Government of Maharashtra site. They claim they are officially mandated to deliver (at doorstep) requested educational documents within days from the date of request. I am thinking of giving this a shot, alongwith the other process, just incase WES doesn't accept the marksheet copies and still wants University transcripts.

3. I also applied to one of the colleges for transcripts, and will be applying to the second college tomorrow. My strategy so far has been to apply for 3 sets of transcripts from each college. I am gonna give one attempt to send these documents (as outlined in 1) and if somehow it doesnt pan out, I have another sealed set of college transcripts that I can send (saves me the effort of applying to college again). And in tandem I am anyway thinking of applying via aaplesarkar and see if that pans out. Alternatively if this doesnt work, I'll find someway to go to MU Kalina and find a way there.

Sorry for wall of ramble, I am still trying to figure this whole process. I am yet to get any idea about the whole University mailing documents bit, and if I find any information, I will keep you guys posted.

@siddg I'd say, ask your aunt to check her WES account page once again. Better to be safe than sorry. I registered for a WES account on 23rd Nov 2018 and I can see the change in the 'required documents' section. It does NOT show the option for me to directly courier the docs to WES Canada for my bachelors degree from India. That option is however available for me for my Masters degree that I attained in the UK so the rules for India definitely changed after 1st Dec2018.
@n2cool you were right about this bit. Her WES account does mention University needs to send the document directly. You have saved me a wasted attempt, thanks a lot for that! Though I still need to figure how their mailing process works.

Last edited:

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Some updates :

1. So I visited the Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan in Churchgate. (https://goo.gl/maps/PYvJwH7oyGU2). The process is identical to what most people described. I am still not sure if they will attest the copy of university marksheets against college transcripts , although the guy apparently told me they will (NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, WILL UPDATE YOU GUYS). However I overheard an interesting conversation about WES (not related to my case but still I thought I'd mention.

So apparently,for MBA graduates, WES only recognizes MBA courses from certain colleges such as IIMs as two year courses. This also applies to MMS courses. But something like PGDM, even from reputed colleges(for instance JBIMS), MAYBE considered only as a 1 year specialization instead of a two year masters. In case anyone is in a similar boat, please research and query WES before paying them. Yes, this is true. You'll get one-year PG.

2. I was digging up stuff on the internet and came across this :
@zagcollins FYR
https://ves.ac.in/vesit/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/01/PROCEDURE-FOR-DUPLICATE-MARKSHEET-OF-MUMBAI-UNIVERSITY.pdf

The site in the aforementioned document :
https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en

Has anyone tried this site? Its a legitimate Government of Maharashtra site. They claim they are officially mandated to deliver (at doorstep) requested educational documents within days from the date of request. I am thinking of giving this a shot, along with the other process, just incase WES doesn't accept the marksheet copies and still wants University transcripts. It's legit, but MU is full of legit idiots. You'll need to follow up with MU. It ain't a smooth process.

3. I also applied to one of the colleges for transcripts, and will be applying to the second college tomorrow. My strategy so far has been to apply for 3 sets of transcripts from each college. I am gonna give one attempt to send these documents (as outlined in 1) and if somehow it doesnt pan out, I have another sealed set of college transcripts that I can send (saves me the effort of applying to college again). And in tandem I am anyway thinking of applying via aaplesarkar and see if that pans out. Alternatively if this doesnt work, I'll find someway to go to MU Kalina and find a way there.

Sorry for wall of ramble, I am still trying to figure this whole process. I am yet to get any idea about the whole University mailing documents bit, and if I find any information, I will keep you guys posted.

@n2cool you were right about this bit. Her WES account does mention University needs to send the document directly. You have saved me a wasted attempt, thanks a lot for that! Though I still need to figure how their mailing process works.
Check my answers inline.

n2cool

Nov 16, 2018
Check my answers inline.
@siddg no worries my pleasure. Do you have any further updates? Sorry if it sounds pushy. I'm asking because I'm now in Mumbai and I will be going to the Churchgate MU office tomorrow morning with the college issued transcripts (which I will have at hand later this afternoon) and I need to get it right first time as I'm leaving again on Sunday morning. Please let me know if anything important MUST DO thing comes to your mind. Thanks in advance

siddg

Dec 3, 2018
@siddg no worries my pleasure. Do you have any further updates? Sorry if it sounds pushy. I'm asking because I'm now in Mumbai and I will be going to the Churchgate MU office tomorrow morning with the college issued transcripts (which I will have at hand later this afternoon) and I need to get it right first time as I'm leaving again on Sunday morning. Please let me know if anything important MUST DO thing comes to your mind. Thanks in advance
I just got done with applying for College transcripts yesterday. I am yet to approach the University people for their process. I'm sorry but atm I don't have any more helpful updates.

If you're going to MU though, I'd recommend taking copies from a good photocopier as the ones around the MU could have varied results which could mean the copies may not be clear.

(Just realised you posted this yesterday, sorry for the late response. Gmail inadvertently marked the alert for this thread as spam so I just saw this response today)

All the best! Here's hoping you have a quick and hasslefree experience. Please also take time to visit a nice restaurant in Churchgate - you should reward yourself for this hardwork!

Cheers!

Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys

I'm struggling with the following new rule. Any help as to how I can get Mumbai University to send my BCom transcripts directly?
Thanks in advance!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On December 1, 2018, WES modified the document requirements for applicants educated in India. WES requires all documents to be mailed directly to WES by the institution that issues them. WES does not accept documents in sealed envelopes that are forwarded to WES by applicants themselves, colleges, agents, consultants, or other third parties.

Why is this change happening?

Due to this increased incidence of fraudulent documents, WES has decided to only accept documents in sealed envelopes that are mailed directly by the institutions themselves.

Who is affected by this change?

This change applies to all WES applications for evaluation of Indian credentials submitted on or after December 1, 2018. This is the date you received a WES reference number. If your WES reference number was issued on or after December 1, 2018, the new policy applies to you. If your WES reference number was issued before December 1, 2018, the new policy does not apply.

What should you tell your institution?

Please request your institution to mail your attested documents directly to WES in a sealed envelope with institution stamps/seals on the back flap. The institution must mail the sealed envelope themselves. They should not give the sealed envelope to you or a third party to mail to WES.

What happens if WES receives mark sheets sent by me, or a third party?

The documents will not be accepted and your file will be placed on hold until WES receives the attested mark sheets directly from your institution.

setupatel

Dec 17, 2018
Heu guys,

I am in the process of registering in WES and have heard that Mumbai University is not ready to send documents to WES. What to do if they will not agree? Any other alternate?

Our things get stuck on account of this.

Dec 15, 2018
I agree. I don’t think MU has a process where they send out transcripts directly to requesting institutions. I really don’t think they are going to make changes for a small number of people. I will be mailing WES my concern on this. Lets hope they give us a positive response.

setupatel

Dec 17, 2018
i am worried what will happen if they will not ready to do our work. Can we raise this concern to WES? Is there any other stream or other alternate?

MNP1977

Dec 20, 2018
Dear Experts,
I passed B.E. from Mumbai, in 1998.
I want to get WES assessment done for my B.E. mark sheets and certificates.
Following is my understanding from the various threads in this forum;
1. Get transcripts (attested copies) of all 8 semesters and degree certificate, from College. (Do not seal the envelope)
2. Submit these transcripts to MU Churchgate office.
3. Ask them to send the MU attested copies to WES. ( as per few threads, MU is not sending the copies to WES. Is there any solution?)

Please confirm the above understanding.

stephen_c88

Dec 20, 2018
Hi All,

Planning to get my assessment done from WES. As I am currently not based out of India, please let me know how I can get the transcripts out to WES. I do have transcripts with me in a college sealed envelope which were issued a couple of years ago.

Regards,
Stephen Coutinho