+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
T
Don't worry mate! Its just a matter of few more days. Your status will be updated soon. Don't include the weekends in this process. Your status will precisely be changed this week or the one after.
Tnx for instilling positivity into me.... Hope what you said is True. After all is done, I bet I can write a book on it... There are so many people being bothered

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Don't worry mate! Its just a matter of few more days. Your status will be updated soon. Don't include the weekends in this process. Your status will precisely be changed this week or the one after.
Following is the reply from Wes via email-

Thank you for choosing World Education Services (WES). According to your file, WES has yet to receive the verification reply..
Best Regards,
WES Customer Service

University is saying that it's already responded on 21 June. Does Wes actually that much to locate the email and link it to the concerned WES account ?

Request response
Tnx

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Guys... I'm on hold as WES is validating my documents directly with my University (MEXICO). My University claim that non of them received the email, does anyone know who they contact? or what's the protocol the use to identify the right person to contact? I want to identify who received it to move forward with my ECA... please advise.... Thanks!
Is your processing time beyond what WES committed? Ours took beyond our expected 20 days but cleared nonetheless.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Following is the reply from Wes via email-

Thank you for choosing World Education Services (WES). According to your file, WES has yet to receive the verification reply..
Best Regards,
WES Customer Service

University is saying that it's already responded on 21 June. Does Wes actually that much to locate the email and link it to the concerned WES account ?

Request response
Tnx
Oh so you're stuck in reverification process? Well I too have gone through the same phase. My evaluation was done in almost 5 months. My status was updated within 3-4 weeks after my respective institutions responded to the secondary verification. They'll update the status altogether when they will scrutinize the given documents and responses from the universities.

Reactions: sukham123

mandyg26

Jun 22, 2019
Hey mate!

Yeah, I did contact the university. Their service was extremely tedious and so were their responses. However, you may contact the Assistant Registrar Mrs. Harpreet Kaur and ask her for the status of your credentials. She is extremely supportive I've seen any employee in the institution so far. You'll find her in the degree section or the verification one!

Keep buzzing around them and also keep calling WES for the regular updates and faster process. Don't rely on WES responses. They'll simply tell you false stories such as they ain't received any documents from the institution even after getting it (I came across this fact when I contacted my university).

I hope your issue will be resolved soon!
Thanks for your reply. I contacted university and they assured me that response shall be sent by e-mail and it normally takes one week to get updated in WES. I will contact WES also after few days to check if they got the response from university or not. WES service is also very slow. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: sukham123

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
WES is a sad state of affairs. Spoke again today and the call center guy told me, that the status is generally updated in 3 working days. If it's not done then probably the uni has not replied....... Utter ciaos and confusion...
I would request the Senior members to kindly throw some light as to when the status gets updated after the uni replies, in terms of their timelines.
Tnx

Jass0900

May 23, 2019
Hi Guys, Need your help here
WES had sent my documents for Secondary verification. My university responded back to them and then they changed their status to Received documents under review from On hold on 06/21. Today that is 6/28 they again sent the same documents for secondary verification and put the status on hold. No comments as to why have they done that.
Can anyone help out on the possible reason and if one has gone through it how to get out of this loop?
Your help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

shivarora

Jun 27, 2019
A simple question, please reply:

Does the university ONLY needs to reply via email OR via both email and courier?

if it is only email then why WES is sending hard copies as well to university?

Please clarify, i received an email from WES today suggesting On hold status.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
A simple question, please reply:

Does the university ONLY needs to reply via email OR via both email and courier?

if it is only email then why WES is sending hard copies as well to university?

Please clarify, i received an email from WES today suggesting On hold status.
The "On hold" status indicates that your application is undergoing for a secondary verification by WES. This is the reason why WES has sent your documents back to your respective university and the email as well. During this process, the institution has to respond both of these modes: courier and email, as per the WES requirements. This whole process may take another 8-12 weeks.

shivarora

Jun 27, 2019
The "On hold" status indicates that your application is undergoing for a secondary verification by WES. This is the reason why WES has sent your documents back to your respective university and the email as well. During this process, the institution has to respond both of these modes: courier and email, as per the WES requirements. This whole process may take another 8-12 weeks.
Thanks Nik. I had been reading that only email reply from university will suffice. If it is both, it is a huge task since my graduation and post graduation degrees are from different universities. Really frustrating. :(

shivarora

Jun 27, 2019
Thanks Nik. I had been reading that only email reply from university will suffice. If it is both, it is a huge task since my graduation and post graduation degrees are from different universities. Really frustrating. :(
WES has send by standard postal which means:
WES-->University ---- 3-4 weeks
University internal response compilation---- 2-3 weeks
Then university sending to WES--- 3-4 weeks
Then WES acknowledging and preparing report-- Miniumu 4 weeks.
:(

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Yes! It is done this way only. Even my application was similar to yours: Bachelors and Masters, both from different universities. My case was delayed due to the christmas holidays back in Dec 2018, so it took extra time. My evaluation was done in almost 5 months.

WES will automatically send the copies of received transcripts to the respective institutions for the reverification along with an "alpha-numeric" code, even in the email as well. Which universities have to mention in order to claim the originality of the credentials.

Well, as per my knowledge the standard courier service would take nearly 10-15 working days. This process entirely relies on How quickly our universities respond to the secondary verification sought by WES? So, it will take almost 8-12 additional weeks!

neelanjanac01

Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone from Bharati vidyapeeth deemed university pune.My status was put on hold for verification on 17th september and i have contacted my university several time since then if they have received any email from Wes.They have not received any emal but have provided me with an email where WES can contact for verification.This email is not mentioned anywhere on the website.I have forwarded it to WES through there contact us page and have received a response that they will forward it to concerned department for action.Can I do anything else to speed up the process
Hi,
did you get a reply from them? Can you pls send me the new email address that you sent to WES?

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Hi NikSharma01,
My account has come out of Hold to Reviewing Documents since 5th July as the university responded to the verification email. Since then the status is stuck. Any idea as to how long are they taking to change the status with the completion date??
Tnx

sukham123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Thanks for the information.

I was also thinking that ECA will be done in 20 days. But WES takes their own sweet time to update confusing statues and gives you unnecessary stress. I would suggest everyone look for other vendors like ICES, UOT etc. instead of WES.

I spoke with one the customer care representative yesterday and he told me that they have received something from the university and status will be updated soon. I called my university to check if they have replied to WES secondary verification email. The university replied yesterday and today WES updated status to "We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents.". Now WES will take their own sweet time(~9 days from what I have read on this forum) to update the status. Once they update status with the university's response then it will take 20 business days.

They say 20 business days but there is a catch in that. 20 days after everything is done.
"Your evaluation will be completed in twenty (20) business days after receipt, review, and approval of all documents, and payment in full."

The overall process takes 8-10 weeks.
Hi Rangarez,
Did u have to guide CCS for the mail in regards to the format or they knew about it ? After the university replied, how long does WES take to change status"reviewing" to a status with date of completion ?
Ur reply shall be appreciated.
Tnx