+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Soumisb

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
31-05-2019
Hi Soumisb,

When was ur application put on hold? In my case, our application was put on hold on the 14th of November and now after waiting for so many days WBUT has replied on their own to WES and our status is back In progress....I was planning to send someone to WBUT after new year and this happened...so I would suggest waiting for a while and see...all I did was send an email to WBUT from the contact us section on theot website..not sure if that triggered the response.

Hope my experience helps.

PS: WBUT has shifted to a new campus which is in Kalyani, west Bengal and has not even setup their phone lines after Durga pujo ..salt Lake campus is not there anymore.
Hi Aniket, @AniketSen88

Thank you for your reply. My status went on hold on Dec 7th 2018 and still on hold. I have sent repeated email from the contact us section. Can you please assist me if there is any specific department/query type I need to select while sending the email?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Soumi

anyone from WBUT or Makaut facing this issue? My status is also kept "on hold" for past 4 weeks. If anyone from the university i mentioned above did face this issue, please help me out with your suggestion on what is to be done or which email ID i should WES to send the verification request again.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am not in Kolkata hence personally going there is not an easy option for me. Please help out.
@vmanojk123 is there any update on your status?

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi,
This is very informative thread.
My status is on hold since 21st Dec for my MBA docs to be verified by Pune University. I have seen in past threads that people visiting Pune University campus and get the job done. However it's not possible for me since I am in another state which is far away
I just wanted to know that whether PUNE UNIVERSITY automatically replies to Wes Verification mails or not. And if it does how much time it takes to complete the process.

suhail669

Dec 31, 2018
Hi Suhail,
I'm facing the same problem, I applied to WES on 9 September 2018, after collecting the transcripts from my respective institutions, I sent them via the express delivery services by the end of September and those were received by Wes in the begining of October, as it was mentioned in the status. However, on 10th october the status was again changed to "reviewing the documents" and to my bad luck on 10/19/2018, it was put "On Hold" and since then it has been unchanged!

Does anyone know how long will this process further go?

I emailed wes atleast thrice and called on the given contact number a dozen times, but didn't get any response yet. After talking with institutions, they told me that the documents has already been sent and they should have collected by wes now. Tell me what to do?

Thanks,
Nikhil
Nikhil, Appreciate for asking me,
Brother as I understood your case, when it showed "reviewing the documents" it means they got a response from your institution. I hope you will receive your evaluation report soon.

Best of Luck

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I'm facing the same problem of Status being "on hold" issue, I applied to WES on 9 September 2018, after collecting the transcripts from my respective institutions, I sent them via the express delivery services by the end of September and those were received by Wes in the begining of October, as it was mentioned in the status(mlst probably on 10/3/2018. However, on 10th october the status was again changed to "reviewing the documents" and to my bad luck on 10/19/2018, it was put "On Hold" and since then it has been unchanged!

I emailed wes atleast thrice and called on the given contact number a dozen times, but didn't get any response yet. After talking with institutions, they told me that the documents has already been sent and they should have collected by wes now. Tell me what to do?

Thanks,
Nikhil

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Nikhil, Appreciate for asking me,
Brother as I understood your case, when it showed "reviewing the documents" it means they got a response from your institution. I hope you will receive your evaluation report soon.

Best of Luck
Not really brother, that was in the beginning only.. As I told on 19th october it was shown "on hold", and since then it has been unchanged (no further processing)

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I'm facing the same problem of Status being "on hold" issue, I applied to WES on 9 September 2018, after collecting the transcripts from my respective institutions, I sent them via the express delivery services by the end of September and those were received by Wes in the begining of October, as it was mentioned in the status(mlst probably on 10/3/2018. However, on 10th october the status was again changed to "reviewing the documents" and to my bad luck on 10/19/2018, it was put "On Hold" and since then it has been unchanged!

Thanks,
Nikhil
Hi Nikhil,
Is it on hold because they sent documents to your university for second verification? If it is, then please ask your university to open that email, have documents printed sent by WES and authenticate and scan back to WES. That's all needed for WES to have the status changed to accept/approve your documents and then you will receive an email from WES saying that your report will be sent... Please let me know if you will have more question. Thanks!

Dec 6, 2018
Just sharing my experience with WES:
1. I submitted my documents (From now on, your University directly have to send documents to WES. You can pay the university for courier and they will send this on your behalf, or they can give documents in closed envelope and you can forward this to WES. From: Your University, To: WES)
2. Documents received (We are reviewing your documents)
3. Status change to on hold (Documents Accepted, Waiting for Verification from your institution)
4. Asked Controller of Exam to reply that email (What WES does is: they stamp the documents received initially, email this to Controller of Exam; your university have to print those documents and authenticate/verify again, scan back to the same email of WES)
5. Status changed to we are reviewing your documents (After WES received the email from University)
6. All documents accepted (You will see this will be in completed section of WES)
7. Your evaluation report will be sent to...
8. If you need this urgently, you can modify your order to next day courier to the Recipient
9. All you will have to patient as this whole process will take some time, WES customer service can't help you much as they provide you misleading info, what I understood from my process that, they see and tell you what you see in your online account, they just answer something stupid for the sake of answering your question.
10. The hardest task was to get University answer the WES email (Please go in person, or send someone to Controller of Exam office)

Overall, it took 8-9 weeks for the whole process.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: IeltsDream2019

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
1. I submitted my documents (From now on, your University directly have to send documents to WES. You can pay the university for courier and they will send this on your behalf, or they can give documents in closed envelope and you can forward this to WES. From: Your University, To: WES)
3. Status change to on hold (Documents Accepted, Waiting for Verification from your institution)
4. Asked Controller of Exam to reply that email (What WES does is: they stamp the documents received initially, email this to Controller of Exam; your university have to print those documents and authenticate/verify again, scan back to the same email of WES)
5. Status changed to we are reviewing your documents (After WES received the email from University)
6. All documents accepted (You will see this will be in completed section of WES)
8. If you need this urgently, you can modify your order to next day courier to the Recipient
9. All you will have to patient as this whole process will take some time, WES customer service can't help you much as they provide you misleading info, what I understood from my process that, they see and tell you what you see in your online account, they just answer something stupid for the sake of answering your question.
10. The hardest task was to get University answer the WES email (Please go in person, or send someone to Controller of Exam office)

Hope this helps!
Oh! Could you please tell me how much time this whole process took in your case? Actually I asked the Assistant Registrar about the same, whether the documents has been sent to WES or not? Whether they have replied to their email or not? I simply got the answer as everything was done already! (God know if it is true)

And I also want to know one thing, as Master Graduates have to send the documents of both Bachelor's as well as Master's to WES. So, How will one come to know if either of the documents has been received by them or not (post the reverification). Will they update the status one by one when they will get the documents? Or it will be updated in one go? Hope my querries will be answered.

AniketSen88

Apr 11, 2017
Hi @Soumisb ,

Nothing can be done with WBUT online or by phone as well. The only option left is visiting them and getting things done by sitting on their head.

My status nis on hold again. Now I am left with no other option but to go there and get it done myself.

My suggestion to you would be to visit WBUT as well.

Please keep me posted.

@vmanojk123 please keep us posted.

Thanks & regards,
Aniket

Dec 6, 2018
Oh! Could you please tell me how much time this whole process took in your case? Actually I asked the Assistant Registrar about the same, whether the documents has been sent to WES or not? Whether they have replied to their email or not? I simply got the answer as everything was done already! (God know if it is true)

And I also want to know one thing, as Master Graduates have to send the documents of both Bachelor's as well as Master's to WES. So, How will one come to know if either of the documents has been received by them or not (post the reverification). Will they update the status one by one when they will get the documents? Or it will be updated in one go? Hope my querries will be answered.
Hi NikSharma01,

It took at least 8-9 weeks overall, once WES gets the email reply from the institution, then its pretty fast (after they get email reply it should take 2-3 weeks until you will receive the report). Everytime you will call WES, they will not tell you exactly if they received the email reply from your university, each time a different story by WES. As long as your university tells the truth thats all matters. To be honest, its a big stress to have university reply the WES email if you are not there and are trying to get it done by phone as they simply are sitting on it.

WES would most probably update one by one, in my case, they updated two documents received (i.e. one by one). Please check your WES online account. Also, WES should email you as soon as they update their account to say all your documents (email verification reply from university) are accepted and we will send you the report..

Please let me know if you would have more questions. I went through the whole process and its very frustrating and shouldn't take that long at all but this is how it is unfortunately and it was very stressful time to wait :(

Reactions: IeltsDream2019

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018

Overall, it took 8-9 weeks for the whole process.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the information.

I was also thinking that ECA will be done in 20 days. But WES takes their own sweet time to update confusing statues and gives you unnecessary stress. I would suggest everyone look for other vendors like ICES, UOT etc. instead of WES.

I spoke with one the customer care representative yesterday and he told me that they have received something from the university and status will be updated soon. I called my university to check if they have replied to WES secondary verification email. The university replied yesterday and today WES updated status to "We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents.". Now WES will take their own sweet time(~9 days from what I have read on this forum) to update the status. Once they update status with the university's response then it will take 20 business days.

They say 20 business days but there is a catch in that. 20 days after everything is done.
"Your evaluation will be completed in twenty (20) business days after receipt, review, and approval of all documents, and payment in full."

The overall process takes 8-10 weeks.

Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the information.

I was also thinking that ECA will be done in 20 days. But WES takes their own sweet time to update confusing statues and gives you unnecessary stress. I would suggest everyone look for other vendors like ICES, UOT etc. instead of WES.

I spoke with one the customer care representative yesterday and he told me that they have received something from the university and status will be updated soon. I called my university to check if they have replied to WES secondary verification email. The university replied yesterday and today WES updated status to "We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents.". Now WES will take their own sweet time(~9 days from what I have read on this forum) to update the status. Once they update status with the university's response then it will take 20 business days.

They say 20 business days but there is a catch in that. 20 days after everything is done.
"Your evaluation will be completed in twenty (20) business days after receipt, review, and approval of all documents, and payment in full."

The overall process takes 8-10 weeks.
Hi Rangarez,
Yes, they will take 20 days after everything's done. I was thinking whole process will be done in 20 business days but reality was so different. I completely agree with you on everything you said. It was such a bad experience overall. If someone doesn't have to deal with deadline issue, then WES is perfect but if you're in a rush to complete your evaluation then WES isn't recommended at all. Anyway, good luck!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi NikSharma01,

It took at least 8-9 weeks overall, once WES gets the email reply from the institution, then its pretty fast (after they get email reply it should take 2-3 weeks until you will receive the report). Everytime you will call WES, they will not tell you exactly if they received the email reply from your university, each time a different story by WES. As long as your university tells the truth thats all matters. To be honest, its a big stress to have university reply the WES email if you are not there and are trying to get it done by phone as they simply are sitting on it.

WES would most probably update one by one, in my case, they updated two documents received (i.e. one by one). Please check your WES online account. Also, WES should email you as soon as they update their account to say all your documents (email verification reply from university) are accepted and we will send you the report..

Please let me know if you would have more questions. I went through the whole process and its very frustrating and shouldn't take that long at all but this is how it is unfortunately and it was very stressful time to wait :(
Thanks for your reply mate! Today I spoke with WES customer representative, and they told me that they have not received any email response as well as any document from either of the institutions, but my institutions have already told me that the job was already done (I was told this way before, in the last months). However, after speaking with the wes today, I'm very much disappointed and stressed, as per them there is no response from the institutions! WTH!! Unfortunately, it's already been 4 months by now. From the last 3 months the status is "on hold", and I don't know how long will it stay like this. Without the ECA report I'm unable to submit my file in the EE-Pool.

As you said, it took almost 8-9 weeks in your case for the whole process. I would say that is faster than mine.