+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

deep9689

Dec 14, 2018
Hi

Anybody from MG Univeristy, Kottayam who got their WES verification status as “we are waiting for university to verify your documents” ?

Pls let me know what needs to be done.

rocker086

Nov 29, 2018
@Santoshlucknowuptu @rocker086 any update on the secondary verification process from UPTU?

They sent my email and my status was changed to In-Progress from On hold on 7th December. On 11th December, they again changed it to On hold stating that the university did not send correct information in the email.

What about you guys ??
@mechingineer, I noticed that my status was changed to 'In Progress' on 13th Dec and yesterday it's again changed to 'On Hold'.
They send me another email for UPTU/AKTU for secondary verification. Not sure what's is happening.

Although, for my Bachelors degree it's showing as 'Accepted',do you know what does this means?

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
@mechingineer, I noticed that my status was changed to 'In Progress' on 13th Dec and yesterday it's again changed to 'On Hold'.
They send me another email for UPTU/AKTU for secondary verification. Not sure what's is happening.

Although, for my Bachelors degree it's showing as 'Accepted',do you know what does this means?
I spoke to WES customer care, they told me university has not replied with all the required information. That's is why WES has emailed university with the required information and format and put our account on hold.

Unless university sends them the required email, our process will be on hold.

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, this for any new applicant’s benefit. What I have been able to learn from my experience is that in most cases those seeking ECA for only bachelor’s degree get cleared in the first instance and those seeking ECA for masters have to go through verification by institute. If your institute has not recieved any communication from WES then it is best to do vigorous follow up with WES through text message services which is responded promptly in not less than three days and at most a week. WES seems willing to extend any possible help, but they are mighty rigid of their processes. They take major attention only once seven weeks from first mail to your institute has been sent. Below is my timeline with WES.

5 September documents reached and under review.
21 September ECA put on hold.
14 November second email to institute sent. This one recieved and responded by institute.
30 November status put on review.
15 December status put on final review, report due on 20th December.

Hope this is helpful. With WES one needs to be be vigorous in followup for issue resolution, but patience has no substitute.

Reactions: sukham123

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
I spoke to WES customer care, they told me university has not replied with all the required information. That's is why WES has emailed university with the required information and format and put our account on hold.

Unless university sends them the required email, our process will be on hold.
Hello! Please, could you share the format your university responded to the verification request? My university has also sent the response and I would like to check if it's the same format. I'm not sure my response also includes all the necessary information. Thanks a lot and good luck!

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Hi, this for any new applicant’s benefit. What I have been able to learn from my experience is that in most cases those seeking ECA for only bachelor’s degree get cleared in the first instance and those seeking ECA for masters have to go through verification by institute. If your institute has not recieved any communication from WES then it is best to do vigorous follow up with WES through text message services which is responded promptly in not less than three days and at most a week. WES seems willing to extend any possible help, but they are mighty rigid of their processes. They take major attention only once seven weeks from first mail to your institute has been sent. Below is my timeline with WES.

5 September documents reached and under review.
21 September ECA put on hold.
14 November second email to institute sent. This one recieved and responded by institute.
30 November status put on review.
15 December status put on final review, report due on 20th December.

Hope this is helpful. With WES one needs to be be vigorous in followup for issue resolution, but patience has no substitute.
Hello! Please, could you share the format your university responded to the verification request? My university has also sent the response and I would like to check if it's the same format. I'm not sure my response includes all the necessary information. Thanks a lot and good luck!

Last edited:

Kbindia

Sep 29, 2018
Hello! Please, could you share the format your university responded to the verification request? My university has also sent the response and I would like to check if it's the same format. I'm not sure my response includes all the necessary information. Thanks a lot and good luck!
Hi, sorry but since the response from my institute was confidential so I am not privy to the format. I only later learnt that my institute had even responded. But WES might have communicated the shortcoming to your university themselves, If not then send WES a message and reach them on call too. They usually are understanding and helpful. In any case ask your university to make their response as airtight as possible, with all the possible attestations. Reach the highest authorities (Registrar/Dean Academic) for help, regular clerks wont take your issue seriously. And ask Your university to respond from only the mail ID to which WS had sent the communication. Best of Luck

Soumisb

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
31-05-2019
Hi. I'm also in a similar situation. Can you please please help me understand how you managed to get your documents verified from WBUT for WES. Thanks for your help.
anyone from WBUT or Makaut facing this issue? My status is also kept "on hold" for past 4 weeks. If anyone from the university i mentioned above did face this issue, please help me out with your suggestion on what is to be done or which email ID i should WES to send the verification request again.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am not in Kolkata hence personally going there is not an easy option for me. Please help out.

Soumisb

Dec 16, 2018
AOR Received.
31-05-2019
Hi. I'm also in a similar situation. Can you please please help me understand how you managed to get your documents verified from WBUT for WES. Thanks for your help.
anyone from WBUT or Makaut facing this issue? My status is also kept "on hold" for past 4 weeks. If anyone from the university i mentioned above did face this issue, please help me out with your suggestion on what is to be done or which email ID i should WES to send the verification request again.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am not in Kolkata hence personally going there is not an easy option for me. Please help out.

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hello! Please, could you share the format your university responded to the verification request? My university has also sent the response and I would like to check if it's the same format. I'm not sure my response also includes all the necessary information. Thanks a lot and good luck!
University denied to share the reply saying it's confidential. Have requested them to reply in the way WES sent on email. Let's see.

Nov 30, 2018
Guys,

Is there anyone whose documents were delivered to WES on or after Nov 29th and the status has changed from "Review in progress" to any other status( Accepted or hold..... ) ?

Below is my status and they haven't changed the status from
Documents reached: 26 November
In progress: 29 November
In progress: 05 Dec

AniketSen88

Apr 11, 2017
Hi Soumisb,

When was ur application put on hold? In my case, our application was put on hold on the 14th of November and now after waiting for so many days WBUT has replied on their own to WES and our status is back In progress....I was planning to send someone to WBUT after new year and this happened...so I would suggest waiting for a while and see...all I did was send an email to WBUT from the contact us section on theot website..not sure if that triggered the response.

Hope my experience helps.

PS: WBUT has shifted to a new campus which is in Kalyani, west Bengal and has not even setup their phone lines after Durga pujo ..salt Lake campus is not there anymore.

marijaenglishteacher

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
Guys,

Is there anyone whose documents were delivered to WES on or after Nov 29th and the status has changed from "Review in progress" to any other status( Accepted or hold..... ) ?

Below is my status and they haven't changed the status from
Documents reached: 26 November
In progress: 29 November
In progress: 05 Dec
Mine was under review, than evaluation in progress, than on hold, now again under review. It all started around 10 November and there is still no completion date.