+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yes it did increase and good number. But while creating a profile for ITA... I can select the “two degrees option...” right then.. as one of our eca reports goes to IRCC directly.
Did ur wife apply for ITA process with that option and was that accepted ?
In EE profile, "Two or more degrees..." option is not there. You have to enter both your credentials as two separate entry. On each entry, provide the equivalency given by WES in the relevant field. Then system will calculate the points automatically.

netcode

Nov 1, 2017
Finally received my ECA today and received the Master's equivalency for my BE + PGDM :)
Thanks a lot all you guys for keeping the overall spirit up and special thanks to @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for your help! I sincerely hope all you super guys and girls who are still "On Hold" or In Progress, to get the ECA at the soonest and get your deserved equivalency.
Following is my ECA timeline to summarize:
Made payment and sent courier to WES through DHL - 23rd May
Documents received at WES as per DHL record - 25th May
Status changed to Documents Received - Under Review - 28th May
Status changed to On Hold for PGDM and Documents Accepted for BE - 6th June
After rounds of follow-up, second VDR email sent by WES - 22nd June
Verification email sent by institute to specific WES email ID - 26th June
Status changed to Evaluation report under review (with ECA due date of 18 July) - 27th June
Status changed to Order under Final Review - 17th July
ECA soft copy received - 18th July

PS: People who already received ECA last month, have you received the hard copy from WES yet? Any idea how long does it take via Regular Post (not Courier)?
Congratulations! Best wishes

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi @kamy18
have you received any update from wes canada, on which email id of PTU they have send the verification of documents.
Mine is also the same case , profile is onhold since June6.
please update me if you have any info,
Hi,
No I don't know the PTU mail ID on which request was sent. Profile still on hold. Plz let me know in case you get any update

yrssudheer

May 7, 2018
Hi,
No I don't know the PTU mail ID on which request was sent. Profile still on hold. Plz let me know in case you get any update
Hi,
They will send to registrar@ptu.ac.in mail id. Mine also PTU, and they sent to same mail id.but problems is university is not responding properly whether they responded to WES mail or not. Im still chasing from couple of weeks but no reply from university

Jul 13, 2018
@Nishika22 My evaluation has been put on hold. WES sent the verification mail to IMT Ghaziabad.. I reached out to IMT and they confirmed they received mail today and responded back to the same mail id. I have gone through this group and not sure if it needs to be sent to some other mail id. Also after how long does it get updated on the profile?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 My evaluation has been put on hold. WES sent the verification mail to IMT Ghaziabad.. I reached out to IMT and they confirmed they received mail today and responded back to the same mail id. I have gone through this group and not sure if it needs to be sent to some other mail id. Also after how long does it get updated on the profile?
Hi @inderpalsingh83, sorry to hear your account has gone on hold too! :( For IMT, liaise with the Controller of Examinations as she is the right person to touch base with. Do check with her as to which ID she has responded on, as you’re correct in your understanding- a ‘Reply to’ on the same ID from which the verification mail is sent is likely to bounce back. Updating your account status at WES end shouldn’t take more than a day or two at best, if the verification mail is sent to the correct ID - IMT is already well aware of how the verification email needs to be worded so THAT aspect shouldn’t be an issue :) Cheers! Do update us on the status of your account...

Jul 13, 2018
@Nishika22 My Profile was again moved to In Progress on Friday. However they are still reviewing my documents and not given me any date by which it will done. So I am not sure how much time more I will have to wait for the results. Any idea?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 My Profile was again moved to In Progress on Friday. However they are still reviewing my documents and not given me any date by which it will done. So I am not sure how much time more I will have to wait for the results. Any idea?
@inderpalsingh83, happy to hear your profile has moved from ON HOLD to IN PROGRESS :) Re report issuance, the timelines are frankly quite variable. When WES started out with the verification process, the release of the ON HOLD status meant that the report would be issued in a week on the outside. Lately though, due to the sheer volume of cases being put on hold, the timeline seems to have moved to the detriment of the candidates :( It can take upto 3 weeks now for a report to be issued, even after the status update reads IN PROGRESS. Hope for the best (1 week) and prepare for the worst (3 weeks) is my advice...

abhmun

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Folks,

Thanks for such an informative thread on the "on-hold" status being put for MBA (or probably other Master's degrees) by WES. Congrats to all who were able to get their evaluation done after all this ordeal!

My sister's case is a little older than the thread. I need your help!!

The VDR was sent to her university on June 7, and the university replied by "postal services" on June 19 (I suppose it was regular post, not registered post). I followed up with WES 2-3 times and they mentioned they did not receive the verification.

On Friday, July 27th as per my discussion with WES, they sent second VDR to the University. As with other aspirants here, they did not mention to which email id/department WES sent the verification but the WES helpdesk informed me that the "reply-to" email id and other instructions are mentioned in the email they sent to the University.

Strangely, on July 27th after the help desk informed me they sent the second VDR,
the WES account status changed to "in-progress", completion date is updated to - Aug 3, 2018, and review of application documents is - completed (and last updated date is May 25, 2018).
When I expand the "review of application documents" section, the MBA degree and transcripts are still awaiting verification!!
I am confused what does this mean, as I did not receive a second verification email, have they accepted it, or still awaiting verification?

@Nishika22 / @Jaywalker
Do you know what does this mean? Has the verification been completed or WES is still awaiting verification from university? The messages on the WES account are not clear...

Also, @Nishika22 request you to add me to the thread where the content of the response from university is mentioned, and if any additional information can be found on this in that thread (refer your post # #185 on Jun 23). I have taken note of your post #296 though!! Thanks for all the help here.

Thanks a ton!

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi Folks,

Thanks for such an informative thread on the "on-hold" status being put for MBA (or probably other Master's degrees) by WES. Congrats to all who were able to get their evaluation done after all this ordeal!

The VDR was sent to her university on June 7, and the university replied by "postal services" on June 19 (I suppose it was regular post, not registered post). I followed up with WES 2-3 times and they mentioned they did not receive the verification.

On Friday, July 27th as per my discussion with WES, they sent second VDR to the University. As with other aspirants here, they did not mention to which email id/department WES sent the verification but the WES helpdesk informed me that the "reply-to" email id and other instructions are mentioned in the email they sent to the University.

Strangely, on July 27th after the help desk informed me they sent the second VDR,
the WES account status changed to "in-progress", completion date is updated to - Aug 3, 2018, and review of application documents is - completed (and last updated date is May 25, 2018).
When I expand the "review of application documents" section, the MBA degree and transcripts are still awaiting verification!!
I am confused what does this mean, as I did not receive a second verification email, have they accepted it, or still awaiting verification?

@Nishika22 / @Jaywalker
Do you know what does this mean? Has the verification been completed or WES is still awaiting verification from university? The messages on the WES account are not clear...

Also, @Nishika22 request you to add me to the thread where the content of the response from university is mentioned, and if any additional information can be found on this in that thread (refer your post # #185 on Jun 23). I have taken note of your post #296 though!! Thanks for all the help here.

Thanks a ton!
Hey - Once the status changes from "On Hold" to In progress - The PGDM/MBA degree is still shown as awaiting verification - So you are good here.

In the next status change when it will move to "In Progress - " We are reviewing your evaluation report" you will see the PGDM/MBA degree will show as verified. This next status change will be very close to the date of your evaluation completion date.

I am assuming that they have got the documents sent by the institute and thats why it has changed to In progress here. Just call them to confirm the same

abhmun

Jul 22, 2018
Thank you! Noted. I will call WES and confirm if they received the documents. Will also post here and update...
Regards!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Folks,

@Nishika22 / @Jaywalker

Thanks a ton!
Hi @abhmun, I’ve added you to a conversation ‘Status on hold’ where the response is shared, and another where the sample verification email sent by WES to the issuing institution is shared. Hope it helps :)
And yes, as @Jaywalker pointed out, the status update to IN PROGRESS is the critical milestone - the section under Documents usually takes more time to reflect a status change. Agreed that it’s disconcerting and that WES should get its act together! Calling them up will help get you sorted out I’m sure...Cheers!

Reactions: abhmun

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
I would suggest to wait and in the meantime be ready with all the docs required post ITA. So that the day you get the ITA you are almost ready to submit e-APR.