+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Hi @burm7793,

Did you get any update from Pune Uni??[/QUOTE
Hey @Nishika22 @Jaywalker
Thanks a ton for sharing details. WES has sent a letter to the university stating that "the enclosed documents are to be verified, it has a unique ref. no. 10 digit no" as you guys mentioned (which the uni. didnt bother to check)
My previous letters that I sent didnt have the "10 digit ref. no." as the person in the uni. told me to fill the academic record form from the WES site & I put my ref.no. in that. Thus, my letters had "my 7 digit ref.no."

So if I put the "10 digit no." I think my status wont go on hold???

My university said, they wont post the envelopes. They will give me the letters in a sealed, stamped & signed envelope & I post it separately to WES.
So,
1. Is it fine if I send across the envelopes to WES?
2. Do I mention my ref.no. on the outside of both envelopes, if yes then which one (10 digit or 7 digit)??
3. Should I also send "Attested photocopies" of my marksheet, passing cert. & degree cert. along with the letters or will the letter suffice he need??

My status goes "On hold" everytime for some or the other missing info which is difficult to crack all the time. Its been the case for now over 2 months.... :( :( :( :(

Hey @Nishika22 @Jaywalker
Thanks a ton for sharing details. WES has sent a letter to the university stating that "the enclosed documents are to be verified, it has a unique ref. no. 10 digit no" as you guys mentioned (which the uni. didnt bother to check)
My previous letters that I sent didnt have the "10 digit ref. no." as the person in the uni. told me to fill the academic record form from the WES site & I put my ref.no. in that. Thus, my letters had "my 7 digit ref.no."

So if I put the "10 digit no." I think my status wont go on hold???

My university said, they wont post the envelopes. They will give me the letters in a sealed, stamped & signed envelope & I post it separately to WES.
So,
1. Is it fine if I send across the envelopes to WES?
2. Do I mention my ref.no. on the outside of both envelopes, if yes then which one (10 digit or 7 digit)??
3. Should I also send "Attested photocopies" of my marksheet, passing cert. & degree cert. along with the letters or will the letter suffice he need??

My status goes "On hold" everytime for some or the other missing info which is difficult to crack all the time. Its been the case for now over 2 months.... :( :( :( :(

The uni. doesn't cooperate & help...
Hope this helps, keep me posted.

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Hello @ashu_h_89. First of all sorry for all trouble you have faced.
You are on wrong track here brother. WES is never going to accept documents coming from you for verification purposes. It defeats the sole purpose for which verification is required by WES. Please do not take this hard copy letter route. I think the faster process is via email.
Now read & understand very carefully as this needs to be done correctly. Univ does not like folks irritating them again & again, so please do it right the very first time. Go to transcripts department, plead to Mr. XXXX [912025601221] numerous times & ask him to check inbox of email{certificate@unipune.ac.in/transcript@pun.unipune.ac.in} whichever is written on your transcripts, and search email from WES by your full name & 7 digit WES reference number. Please give him the date you received VDR email from them. This will also be the date WES sent out email to Pune Univ. WES has added 3 additional digits in front of your 7 digit ref. number to make up the 10 digit unique ID. This 10 digit needs to be mentioned when they reply to WES email. Also very important in the body of the email WES has given email address they want the reply to. This email has to be included when Univ sends their reply in the TO field not the CC field. Ask them to write a line saying "The attached documents{SOM, Transcripts, Degree Certificate} have been verified by our institution Pune University and were prepared for the purpose of validation of 2 year MBA course completion by ASHU in the year XXXX".

Reactions: ashu_h_89

shanshajahan

Jun 22, 2015
1. Hmmm, they have been sending verification requests by both snail mail and email from what Im aware. But if there’s no clear ID specified for your Institution, it’s possible for only a snail mail to have been sent, I guess...

2. A standard postal mail should not take more than 10 days to reach WES but don’t take my word for it - I’ve only read this off other internet sources as I have no first hand experience.

Any views @samikdg or @Jaywalker?
Thanks a lot for your kind response. Keeping my fingers crossed to get my evaluation complete at the earliest.

surta

Mar 9, 2018
We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 7/10/2018

Pending
Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.
Your evaluation is due for completion on 7/11/2018

My wife's is due for today..but status is still same :(

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I don't know why but my friend's status is still on hold. I believe WES has still not received the documents when it has been over 15 working days. IIT, Roorkee sent the documents via Indian post (stupid of them) and did not use the email option. Even if we want to try to do the email option, we cant cause the original documents have been sent via post. I have the tracking ID of the courier and tracked the package. It shows up the following details:

Jun 26, 2018
02:24 pm

Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

Jun 26, 2018
02:40 pm

Insert item into bag (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

These are the only details that pop up in tracking (I think they cannot track the courier once it leaves India). Can anyone help as to what should my friend do ahead? @samikdg @Jaywalker @Nishika22

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018

Pending
Evaluation in Progress

Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time.

Its night time in Canada. It will get updated tomorrow.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I don't know why but my friend's status is still on hold. I believe WES has still not received the documents when it has been over 15 working days. IIT, Roorkee sent the documents via Indian post (stupid of them) and did not use the email option. Even if we want to try to do the email option, we cant cause the original documents have been sent via post. I have the tracking ID of the courier and tracked the package. It shows up the following details:

Jun 26, 2018
02:24 pm

Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

Jun 26, 2018
02:40 pm

Insert item into bag (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

These are the only details that pop up in tracking (I think they cannot track the courier once it leaves India). Can anyone help as to what should my friend do ahead? @samikdg @Jaywalker @Nishika22
I think you should use email as well. I don't think sending verification through post and email both will do any harm. I think even in @Nishika22 's case they have sent both postal and email confirmation. Normal Post will take ages to reach them. Fax is another faster option but I have not heard anyone using it so far. But WES clearly specifies fax number in the communication.

Reactions: Nishika22

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I think you should use email as well. I don't think sending verification through post and email both will do any harm. I think even in @Nishika22 's case they have sent both postal and email confirmation. Normal Post will take ages to reach them. Fax is another faster option but I have not heard anyone using it so far. But WES clearly specifies fax number in the communication.
The person at IIT Roorkee says that he does not have any copies of the document. He sent the original itself via courier and hence he cannot email. I am not able to understand what to do now. Also, if he has to send the email, he should use the contact us function on WES website and state the 10 digit reference number, right?

Please advice !

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
The person at IIT Roorkee says that he does not have any copies of the document. He sent the original itself via courier and hence he cannot email. I am not able to understand what to do now. Also, if he has to send the email, he should use the contact us function on WES website and state the 10 digit reference number, right?

Please advice !
Ask your friend to submit a request on WES website through contact us page to resend the verifcation email to the correct id. When he submit the request he needs to quote his 7 digit Ref number (10 Digit is between Insti and WES and candidate is not supposed to be privy to this confidential information).

Your friend needs to request WES to send the verification email to the right email id as his institute has not got the email. When he request that he needs to add credibility to the claim by including weblink of the same email id on the website (if possible). Then wait for 48 hours and check if WES has resend the email. If not your friend needs to call WES and push them. Now once the institute gets the email then its a simple process of verifying based on the instructions.

Reactions: Nishika22

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Ask your friend to submit a request on WES website through contact us page to resend the verifcation email to the correct id. When he submit the request he needs to quote his 7 digit Ref number (10 Digit is between Insti and WES and candidate is not supposed to be privy to this confidential information).

Your friend needs to request WES to send the verification email to the right email id as his institute has not got the email. When he request that he needs to add credibility to the claim by including weblink of the same email id on the website (if possible). Then wait for 48 hours and check if WES has resend the email. If not your friend needs to call WES and push them. Now once the institute gets the email then its a simple process of verifying based on the instructions.
First of all thanks for helping me out with this. It means a lot !
The university has got the email. But they still sent the documents via courier and the story which I explained earlier follows. Now that the courier has not reached WES, I wanted to know if my friend can still go ahead and do the email process. But the university says that the original document has been sent via courier and there is no duplicate. Should my friend ask them to make a new document and send that document via email? Also, the email address has been mentioned on the email sent by WES, right?

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
First of all thanks for helping me out with this. It means a lot !
The university has got the email. But they still sent the documents via courier and the story which I explained earlier follows. Now that the courier has not reached WES, I wanted to know if my friend can still go ahead and do the email process. But the university says that the original document has been sent via courier and there is no duplicate. Should my friend ask them to make a new document and send that document via email? Also, the email address has been mentioned on the email sent by WES, right?
If they have got the email - Then that email has an email attachment ( which is transcripts and degree) - They just need to reply to that email and just certify the authenticity of the documents. Now WES initially send the email without mentioning the email id to which the reply has to be send. I am not sure in this case the email id to which institute has to respond is mentioned or not. In case they have mentioned then it is great. Else try 1@wes.org - I doubt whether it will work. If it does not work, then you will have to ask WES to resend the email again - The new email that they are sending now has the unique email id specified.

Also - I think sending postal and email confirmation simultaneously should not create issues. As I mentioned earlier Nishika has done both and she got the ECA already.

Last edited:

Kamlesh1042

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
India

Pending
Evaluation in Progress

They will definitely update the status today if the process takes any longer but let's just hope everything falls in place for you very soon

Good luck

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
If they have got the email - Then that email has an email attachment ( which is transcripts and degree) - They just need to reply to that email and just certify that the authenticity of the documents. Now WES initially send the email without mentioning the email id to which the reply has to be send. I am not sure in this case the email id to which institute has to respond is mentioned or not. In case they have mentioned then it is great. Else try 1@wes.org - I doubt whether it will work. If it does not work, then you will have to ask WES to resend the email again - The new email that they are sending now has the unique email id specified.

Also - I don't think sending postal and email confirmation simultaneously should not create issues. As I mentioned earlier Nishika has done both and she got the ECA already.
Thank you so much for this ! I'll share this with my friend and hope that she's successful with this. Will let you know the result ! Thanks once again.

tinu_10

Jul 8, 2018
I submitted the documents to WES Canada in the second week of June 2018

The initial status was updated on 25th of June 2018 as documents received.After almost a week on 3rd July 2018 the the status was updated as “on Hold” with an update as under :
  • Bachelor of Commerce - Accepted
  • Master of Management Studies - Received documents awaiting verification. Reason: WES has requested further verification from the issuing institution and is waiting for their response.
Checked with the university but they have not received any mail nor any courier. WES is not providing any further details regarding the same. Any idea what can be done next ? The problem with Mumbai University is its very difficult to the trace the e-mail ID to which the mail is sent. Do I need to check with my college ? What other options do u have ?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thank you so much for this ! I'll share this with my friend and hope that she's successful with this. Will let you know the result ! Thanks once again.
Most definitely works with both an email and postal verification. My husband's case bears it out, as @Jaywalker has rightly pointed out. I would completely root for the email verification being sent, which is a simple matter of the University replying to the specified 'Reply to' field in the WES verification request. A sample response is appended, quoting the 10 digit reference ID received by the issuing institution:

Subject: Verification Request - Reference # XXXXXXXXXX

Dear Director of Evaluations,

We appreciate the additional verification process introduced to ensure that candidates only submit authorised documents.

In this case, we are pleased to confirm the authenticity of the documents provided to us as an attachment - both the transcript as well as the degree.

Kindly proceed with the evaluation of the concerned candidate (C, AB) based on our confirmation for Reference # XXXXXXXXXX.

I am appending the email received by us (‘REQUEST FOR DOCUMENT VERIFICATION’) as a final step to facilitate the recording and processing of our confirmation against said candidate.

VDR email appended

Reactions: musicholic