+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
So Yesterday I spoke to WES and they told me that this process has been changed and for some institutes they have put in an additional process of checking transcripts back with the institute. Imagine out of all institutes IIM's are the one on that list - I told that lady that I got the additional verification request just 1 day before my evaluation was due. If you would have told me in advance I would have asked my institute to send docs directly. So its not my fault and I need you guys to expedite my case. She heard me and said she will put that request. After that call I got a VDR notification email again and as per WES that email is sent when they send the email to the institute. So I am assuming that they have resend the email for verification on the email id that I have submitted. I will call my institute later today to check if they have responded back or not.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hi @samikdg, my husband has received a mail from IMT stating that they have responded to the verification email and have confirmed that the documents sent are in order.
AFTER this, the response from the Contact Center to his query on timelines for a status update was as follows:
Hi, once we receive a response, it takes 2-3 business days for it to be processed in our system. After that, our evaluators will review the new documents and advise regarding the date of completion.
I think we should all start escalating and insist that WES stop this generic, holding response nonsense. Once the documents are confirmed, they just need to proceed with the same evaluation report that they had otherwise put on hold, right!?! What are these ‘new documents’ they are taking about anyways? The verification of the same documents they were previously satisfied enough with to give all of us completion dates that are long overdue as on date, will now take 2-3 business days just to record and then a further review by the examiner??? @Jaywalker , @jasicanagpal , and @samikdg - I think we need to speak to someone in charge at WES. The contact centre simply doesn’t know what is happening or what the resolution will be...leave alone timelines for this new process that is simply too far outside their domain.
This indeed is extremely frustrating and if I may say, unprofessional on the part of WES. I just had calls with my institute. The PGP office contact told me that they haven't received any email yet, but told me the case of another ex-student whose transcripts were similary sent back by WES for verification to the email ID of institute Director. Director's secretary forwarded the email to PGP office email ID and then they replied to WES with the verification.
I called up Director's secretary, but she confirmed that they haven't received the similar email for me, but assured that she will forward to PGP office as soon as she gets.
So, for us, it is like throwing stones in the dark and hoping one of them will hit the target. :(

One important information which the PGP office contact pointed out: in the WES transcript request form, there is option of putting the phone number and email ID of the responsible person at the institute who is providing the transcripts. So if I would have sent the transcripts directly through institute and included the transcript request form, at least WES would know which email ID to send the verification request to!

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
So Yesterday I spoke to WES and they told me that this process has been changed and for some institutes they have put in an additional process of checking transcripts back with the institute. Imagine out of all institutes IIM's are the one on that list - I told that lady that I got the additional verification request just 1 day before my evaluation was due. If you would have told me in advance I would have asked my institute to send docs directly. So its not my fault and I need you guys to expedite my case. She heard me and said she will put that request. After that call I got a VDR notification email again and as per WES that email is sent when they send the email to the institute. So I am assuming that they have resend the email for verification on the email id that I have submitted. I will call my institute later today to check if they have responded back or not.
That gives me motivation to call WES again today when they open :)

Reactions: Nishika22

RedCherry

Apr 26, 2018
On Hold for Verification for my MBA...University says it needs payment for verification ..No response from WES as of now..

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Jaywalker and @samikdg , I guess it must be all the more frustrating for both of you to be left with shooting in the dark for the email ID that the verification email has been sent to in the first place. For my part, at least that hurdle has been crossed. However, all I can tell you at this point is that even after your respective institutions receive and respond to the request, there is no guarantee that WES will proceed with the evaluation in a timely manner :( Let me document the dates for my husband’s verification request so far:
08 June ‘18: Account put on hold and VDR notification received at close of business (1am India time)
09 June ‘18: Email sent to IMT to check if they have received a verification request from WES. WES Twitter handle sent feedback.
11 June ‘18: WES Contact Center asked to respond on whether it will help to have institution send transcript and diploma copy directly (IMT contact on leave so no possibility of following up with issuing institution)
12 June ‘18: IMT confirms no verification email received and WES Contact Center sent a message with the IMT email ID mentioned
13 June ‘18: IMT confirms in the afternoon that verification email finally received and responded to. Contact Center advises my husband in the evening that it will take 2-3 business days to record the ‘new documents’ (?) after which the examiner will proceed with the evaluation (for which there are no timelines given).
14 June ‘18: No status update in my husband’s account so far and neither any expected before Friday evening. Another week to wait after for evaluation...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaywalker

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hey Guys,

Mine is the same case on 7 june they put my status on hold and till now, I have no clue as to where I am headed
Welcome to the club! Read the thread for an idea of what to expect.
Tip: Speak to the transcripts team to find out who has received the verification email from WES. Cheers!

Reactions: Yiss

abhimanyu20

Jun 14, 2018
Welcome to the club! Read the thread for an idea of what to expect.
Tip: Speak to the transcripts team to find out who has received the verification email from WES. Cheers!
Thanks. Yea i talked to them but till yet no one has received any mail and its been one full week

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Any idea how long this is gonna take? I am already missing out on ITAs lol
@abhimanyu20 , I don’t want to pour cold water on your hopes, but believe me, this is just the start of it. Even when your institution receives the verification mail and responds to it, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. WES will still take 2-3 (if not more) business days to process the response and update the status. Then, their TAT begins yet again to issue your report, which could be any number of days, since there is simply no commitment from their end on how long the new process takes!

abhimanyu20

Jun 14, 2018
@abhimanyu20 , I don’t want to pour cold water on your hopes, but believe me, this is just the start of it. Even when your institution receives the verification mail and responds to it, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. WES will still take 2-3 (if not more) business days to process the response and update the status. Then, their TAT begins yet again to issue your report, which could be any number of days, since there is simply no commitment from their end on how long the new process takes!
Hmm lets hope it turns out to be real fast and i dont have to wait for a month or so

jeethus

Jun 14, 2018
Hey guys,

I sent my docs on 5/1 and they received on 5/3. On 5/21, they updated my status to 'All documents were reviewed and accepted' and that the evaluation was being prepared. In the details section, both my UG and PGDM certificates were listed as 'accepted'. In the first week of June, they changed the status back to 'Docs received and are being reviewed'. My evaluation was due on 6/11 and on 6/11, they put me on hold.

I immediately contacted my institute and they said they tried responding to WES saying my docs were legit but they got a message reply failure. They got verification requests for 7 other alumnis. When I asked them for the email ID they responded to, they said its 'autosender@wes.org'. They said there is no other email ID. So, I gave them 'inquiryca@wes.org' and 'canada@wes.org'. These are all I could find on the WES forums. Is there any other ID I should ask my institute to send their mail to? Please help.

I even wrote to WES on 6/12 and there's no response. I tried calling them on a couple of numbers and I've been on hold for about 1.25 hours and there's no response. Please also share the phone number you are using as you seem to reach them.

I'm very desperate as I just have 12 days to submit my EE. I would hate to do the whole process once again. I'm also worried that once they sort out my PGDM certificates, they may change my UG to 'On Hold'. If they can tell us on the due data of completion that after initial review, they determined that a verification is required, they can do anything.

Hoping to get the email and phone number from you guys.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hey guys,

I sent my docs on 5/1 and they received on 5/3. On 5/21, they updated my status to 'All documents were reviewed and accepted' and that the evaluation was being prepared. In the details section, both my UG and PGDM certificates were listed as 'accepted'. In the first week of June, they changed the status back to 'Docs received and are being reviewed'. My evaluation was due on 6/11 and on 6/11, they put me on hold.

I immediately contacted my institute and they said they tried responding to WES saying my docs were legit but they got a message reply failure. They got verification requests for 7 other alumnis. When I asked them for the email ID they responded to, they said its 'autosender@wes.org'. They said there is no other email ID. So, I gave them 'inquiryca@wes.org' and 'canada@wes.org'. These are all I could find on the WES forums. Is there any other ID I should ask my institute to send their mail to? Please help.

I even wrote to WES on 6/12 and there's no response. I tried calling them on a couple of numbers and I've been on hold for about 1.25 hours and there's no response. Please also share the phone number you are using as you seem to reach them.

I'm very desperate as I just have 12 days to submit my EE. I would hate to do the whole process once again. I'm also worried that once they sort out my PGDM certificates, they may change my UG to 'On Hold'. If they can tell us on the due data of completion that after initial review, they determined that a verification is required, they can do anything.

Thanks.
Hi @jeethus , you can also ask your institute to try contactca@wes.org. This is the only email ID I am not getting a mail delivery failure to. All others are giving a bounce back within an hour or so of sending messages.

Regarding the number, it is +1 (416) 972-0070. But the Contact Centre always seems clueless as to what's going on, so best of luck with getting a sensible response from them!

The UG leg is unlikely to go into additional verification, as this is a rare situation which only happens when all the documents from a particular country/course need further scrutiny. In this case, PGDM documents from India are being put under the scanner again, after the initial review. Try to get the PGDM leg sorted out, and you should be good to go :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Hey guys,

Thanks.
@Nishika22 has already provided you the number, I've been able to reach them twice on the same number after holding for about 10 minutes. Try to call them in their second half, around 2.30-3 PM Toronoto time, which will be around midnight in India.
As for the email ID, you can ask your institute to send email proactively to the ID Nishika provided, but I doubt that will work. The process is that the institute has to get the verification request from WES and then only they can respond to that. My institute told me that apparently there is a reference no mentioned in that email (which is different from your original WES reference no) against which the verification is to be done. They've done it for another ex-student but haven't received the email for me yet.