+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
Hi @nikesh25, my husband spoke to a representative at the WES contact centre and he said that WES was very non committal about whether this would work as a verification. They have sent a written and an emailed verification request to an undisclosed contact point at IMT, but we have no way of knowing who it is directed to. Altogether, most unsatisfactory :( Looks like wait and watch for the time being...unless the institute both agrees to send the sealed documents via DHL as well as gets it accepted by WES in lieu of a verification.

Okay..Thanks for the update...

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
So I again talked to WES today regarding the 'On Hold' status and asked them if they will accept another copy of the transcripts sent directly by the institute in lieu of the verification request as my institute has not received the email. She is reiterating that apparently this is part of standard process done for all applicants and had primarily two points:
1. It will not be helpful to get another copy of the transcripts sent directly by school, they need the verification as per process
2. She asked me to submit the email ID of the institute, where I want the email to be sent to, through the Contact Us form on WES website.

As I know what is the email ID the Transcripts section at my institute is using, I've submitted that through the Contact Us form. I'm going to wait for 2 days and if I don't get a reply from WES, am going to call them again.

@Jaywalker, @nikesh25, @Nishika22 and all others facing the same issue, suggest that please call up WES and ask if you can do the same. If enough people put pressure, hopefully they'll budge!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
So I again talked to WES today regarding the 'On Hold' status and asked them if they will accept another copy of the transcripts sent directly by the institute in lieu of the verification request as my institute has not received the email. She is reiterating that apparently this is part of standard process done for all applicants and had primarily two points:
1. It will not be helpful to get another copy of the transcripts sent directly by school, they need the verification as per process
2. She asked me to submit the email ID of the institute, where I want the email to be sent to, through the Contact Us form on WES website.

As I know what is the email ID the Transcripts section at my institute is using, I've submitted that through the Contact Us form. I'm going to wait for 2 days and if I don't get a reply from WES, am going to call them again.

@Jaywalker, @nikesh25, @Nishika22 and all others facing the same issue, suggest that please call up WES and ask if you can do the same. If enough people put pressure, hopefully they'll budge!
Agreed @samikdg, makes sense! Thanks a ton for the detailed update :)

For the first point, my husband already spoke to WES and asked them to accept the sealed transcript and attested degree/diploma copy from the institute in lieu of the emailed/written verification. However, they were very non committal so he is unsure whether or not they will indeed proceed with the institute's own mailed documents.

For the second point, when my husband spoke to WES, he was still not aware of whether his institute had received the verification request or not. Unfortunately, the lady from the academics section who attended to his transcripts request from IMT was on leave on Monday. She should be back today, so we will try our luck in the morning with contacting her and checking with her. If she too hasn't received the WES verification mail as in the case of your institute's transcripts team, my husband shall follow the same protocol of sending her email address to WES over their Contact Us page (together with the link to the IMT website's Contact Us page where she is listed as the relevant contact point for certificate/transcript verification).

Do keep us updated on how your request turns out! Fingers crossed your transcripts team gets the verification request soon :)

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I called them and they told me that resending the transcripts again by institute is not an option. They asked me the same thing to submit the correct email id through contact us page. I have done the same- Now will wait for 2-3 days and check with my institute if they got the verification request. If not, then I will call them again. WES told me that once you submit the request on contact us page they will take 2-5 business days to act on it. Thereafter once they get confirmation email from institute on the verification ECA should not take much time.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018

Thank you very much for this info. Really helpful

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
Agreed @samikdg, makes sense! Thanks a ton for the detailed update :)

For the first point, my husband already spoke to WES and asked them to accept the sealed transcript and attested degree/diploma copy from the institute in lieu of the emailed/written verification. However, they were very non committal so he is unsure whether or not they will indeed proceed with the institute's own mailed documents.

For the second point, when my husband spoke to WES, he was still not aware of whether his institute had received the verification request or not. Unfortunately, the lady from the academics section who attended to his transcripts request from IMT was on leave on Monday. She should be back today, so we will try our luck in the morning with contacting her and checking with her. If she too hasn't received the WES verification mail as in the case of your institute's transcripts team, my husband shall follow the same protocol of sending her email address to WES over their Contact Us page (together with the link to the IMT website's Contact Us page where she is listed as the relevant contact point for certificate/transcript verification).

Do keep us updated on how your request turns out! Fingers crossed your transcripts team gets the verification request soon :)
My husband just got a reply from IMT, that they had received WES email and have send the verification report to them, will wait for 1-2 days and see if the status gets updated on WES account... Do keep us posted on your status

Jun 12, 2018
My husband just got a reply from IMT, that they had received WES email and have send the verification report to them, will wait for 1-2 days and see if the status gets updated on WES account... Do keep us posted on your status
hi,

My status is also put on hold the completion was due on 6/6/18 and on the last day they have put on verification pending.
can you please help let know which college id they have mailed in your case? the one which is mentioned on college website or any other so that i can also request my college to check on it.

IP university Transcripts accepted, BIMTECH PGDM Degree is on verification.

would be great if you can ask them to share the email id of WES from where they got the mail .

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @jasicanagpal, so happy to hear of the progress on your husband’s case! :)

Unfortunately, mine has yet some time to wait as the institute has not yet received the verification email :(

Would it be possible for you to share the details of the contact point at IMT? I’ll send you a private message considering the person in question might not be comfortable with their contact details being shared on a public thread.

Look forward to hearing back from you soon :)

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Thanks for update , which e mail ID was used by WES to send this request , trying to asses their process of selecting institutes e-mail Ids.

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
The institution did not reveal the mail I'd used by Wes, they just confirmed that a request had come and they have responded.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
The institution did not reveal the mail I'd used by Wes, they just confirmed that a request had come and they have responded.
Thanks
How did they identify institute ID is from website or some other channel, WES has send verification for my docs request to PTU, I am not sure how to take it forward with college without knowing recipient ID

Reactions: monika@786

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thanks
How did they identify institute ID is from website or some other channel, WES has send verification for my docs request to PTU, I am not sure how to take it forward with college without knowing recipient ID
Thats the major challenge that all of us are facing. Check with your college from where you got the transcripts if they have got any request. If not then ask your college on which email id WES can send the request. Once you have that go to contact us page on WES and send a request of sending the verifcation to college on the email id that you recently got. Then just hope that WES resend the request to the correct email id.

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Thats the major challenge that all of us are facing. Check with your college from where you got the transcripts if they have got any request. If not then ask your college on which email id WES can send the request. Once you have that go to contact us page on WES and send a request of sending the verifcation to college on the email id that you recently got. Then just hope that WES resend the request to the correct email id.
Thank you , will do the same

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Jaywalker, it is a major challenge indeed. IMT just received and responded to my husband’s verification email today. But it took my husband endless calls to the Contact Center and private messages to the WES Twitter handle to get them to finally send the mail. And that’s after he identified the email ID for certificate verification from the IMT website - the same ID he received the sealed transcript from. After this, there’s no telling when the status will be updated from ON HOLD to verification done successfully.