+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Dont think there is any 3rd party in between. All WES has done is sent out an email to Pune university asking for verification. They give them 7 weeks to reply. After 7 weeks they will send one more email. This is waste of applicant's time. As per them all i can do is wait. They are not even willing to say even which email have they sent the request to as it is confidential info for them. I now have to call Pune University to urge them to reply to WES email.
The third party in this case is WES (applicant >>> WES <<< CIC).

Don't think I have anything more to say, than I already have, other than you will need to patiently wait for their process to be over.

There is nothing you can really do other than 'wait for their process to be over' or 'fret as to why the process is the way it is'. All the best.

Last edited:

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi @burm7793, good to hear back from you. Unfortunately, the WES contact centre had already closed for the weekend by the time my husband checked his account. They updated it just before close of business on Friday, and we checked around 7pm Canada Time, not really expecting anything since the status was still unchanged as of 4pm Canada Time. Of course, we’ll email and call them as soon as the WES centre opens on Monday, but it sure seems like a long wait! Do send them a private message on Twitter as their team is very responsive and completely lives upto their promise of following up with the evaluators on how an escalated case is doing. Let’s see how long Pune University takes to get back to you, as I faced the same situation with Delhi University for my transcripts - while it took only 15 days, the lack of an email contact point and the completely paper based system was most frustrating in this day and age. My husband is better off as IMT Ghaziabad took only a week to issue his sealed transcript, and has been extremely responsive over email. We’re hoping to hear back from the academics section on Monday when the institute reopens after the weekend (grrrrr, just our luck everything’s closed on Saturday!). Keep you posted on what WES is upto with this verification leg - if they’re doing anything at all!
Hi @syedzabi85, the process mandates that you send a photocopy of the degree certificate together with the sealed transcript in a consolidated envelope. Alternatively, you can ask your institute to send the transcript directly to WES and send only the color photocopy of the degree certificate to WES yourself. DHL the envelope to WES as they ensure that the documents reach within 4 days. As of now, your best bet would be to be prepared for a longer wait if you send the transcript directly as WES has now introduced an additional leg for verification by the issuing institution. However, if it is an option to get the transcript sent directly by the institution, it would be better, under the new circumstances.
The process 9 months ago was also: to send the transcripts AND photo copies of the Degree certificate in an envelop sealed and signed by the institute/university.

In cases where this is not exactly followed or WES has doubts that the seal was not in place (transcripts were seen/touched by the candidate) the verification is a mandatory step for them.

There is a review step at WES after the process is completed where the evaluation report is reviewed with the documents before being issued. Often the review sends the documents back into the process for various reasons. This is when the status changes to 'on hold'.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
The process 9 months ago was also: to send the transcripts AND photo copies of the Degree certificate in an envelop sealed and signed by the institute/university.

In cases where this is not exactly followed or WES has doubts that the seal was not in place (transcripts were seen/touched by the candidate) the verification is a mandatory step for them.

There is a review step at WES after the process is completed where the evaluation report is reviewed with the documents before being issued. Often the review sends the documents back into the process for various reasons. This is when the status changes to 'on hold'.
Not sure what the process was 9 months ago, now it is clearly that the photocopy of the degree certificate should be sent by the candidate and need not be within the sealed/stamped envelope having the transcripts issued by the university. I am one of those who have been hit by this 'verification' delay last week and WES is introducing this to buy time in cases where the transcript envelope is not directly sent by the university. Also all the cases we were discussing in the other thread are for PGDM.

I talked to my institute and the person clearly said he has not received any email on the email ID which they use for the transcripts section. WES will not divulge the email ID to which they've sent the email. This is a Catch 22 situation.

I'm going to call and ask WES on Monday if it is OK for me to request my institute to send another copy of the transcripts, this time directly, to WES. If that is accepted, that will still be much faster than waiting for this verification process.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW

on hold is as bad as rejected (worse even for that matter considering you can resend docs immediately when rejected). I have guided people on how to send docs to WES in the past, and even then I know people who have sent docs exactly the same way and had docs rejected. Resent it and then accepted o_O

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Not sure what the process was 9 months ago, now it is clearly that the photocopy of the degree certificate should be sent by the candidate and need not be within the sealed/stamped envelope having the transcripts issued by the university. I am one of those who have been hit by this 'verification' delay last week and WES is introducing this to buy time in cases where the transcript envelope is not directly sent by the university. Also all the cases we were discussing in the other thread are for PGDM.

I talked to my institute and the person clearly said he has not received any email on the email ID which they use for the transcripts section. WES will not divulge the email ID to which they've sent the email. This is a Catch 22 situation.

I'm going to call and ask WES on Monday if it is OK for me to request my institute to send another copy of the transcripts, this time directly, to WES. If that is accepted, that will still be much faster than waiting for this verification process.
By "process 9 months ago" i meant "when I applied". Am just trying to help (if it can) with my experience, not carrying a brief for WES :D

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
on hold is as bad as rejected (worse even for that matter considering you can resend docs immediately when rejected). I have guided people on how to send docs to WES in the past, and even then I know people who have sent docs exactly the same way and had docs rejected. Resent it and then accepted o_O
My post graduation degree did go on hold (for a while) but then ECA was subsequently issued. IMO it depends on why the final reviewer sends it back into the process.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
My post graduation degree did go on hold (for a while) but then ECA was subsequently issued. IMO it depends on why the final reviewer sends it back into the process.
yup, a bit of a hit and miss. Frustrating? Absolutely. However, candidates must keep their eye on the target and keep telling themselves why they are doing it to begin with. It's easier that way!

Reactions: samikdg

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
yup, a bit of a hit and miss. Frustrating? Absolutely. However, candidates must keep their eye on the target and keep telling themselves why they are doing it to begin with. It's easier that way!
At the end of the day all processes, where warm bodies are involved, are subject to operator errors or operator lack of clarity which often delays the process. Very often we are unforgiving of others delays & errors, but expect ours (in application filed) to be overlooked/ignored.

Reactions: zagcollins

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Do you mind sharing details of how long it took and what exactly you did on your end when your ECA status change to "On Hold"

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
m
Do you mind sharing details of how long it took and what exactly you did on your end when your ECA status change to "On Hold"
My PG Degree ECA with WES took 58 calendar days.

I did nothing (I had seen my cousin, a month earlier, doing everything from going to the university, emailing wes, calling wes, he even sent his uncle to wes@carlton street, toronto... all for nothing, it came finally). So I waited patiently :)

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018

Agreed. I did the same for my documents and they were accepted just a month ago.

jasicanagpal

May 7, 2018
Hello Members,
Need help from folks who might have faced this weird situation from WES. My account report was going to be completed on 6/15 next week. All of a sudden the status changed to "ON HOLD" - Need verification of documents from Issuing Institution. This is so Bizarre request to again verify documents from the same institution that provided the documents. I do not understand what is their intention here. Looks like they just want to delay the matter.
Anyone faced this situation please help.
https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/
This is what the above link says
"
What to Know About the Verification Status
Saturday | March 18, 2017 | by WES Advisor
You will have a “Verification” status in My Account when:
  • The documents received from the applicant differ from the documents WES has received from the same institution or system of education.
  • The documents received were sent from a certain country, institution, or during a particular situation where the authenticity of the documents or institution must be confirmed.
During this time, WES will send your documents to the issuing institution or authority for verification. There’s no action required by you during this process. The verification process can take up to seven weeks and depends on how quickly your institution replies to our request. If the status of your documents does not change to “Accepted” within seven weeks, please contact us and we will send a second verification request to your institution.

Although the verification process may take some time, the benefits of this process will lead to an accurate and verified WES evaluation report that is trusted and accepted by thousands of institutions in North America.

"
I called WES customer service, they said they have emailed my university to verify the documents. I am not sure my Pune university replies to such request.
How long will WES again take to approve and provide the ECA report after the verification has been done?
My husband is facing the same issue..plea
Hi @burm7793, my husband is facing exactly the same situation as you are! I got my WES done as primary applicant 3 months ago and received the report within 6 weeks. In his case, the promised turnaround was even faster, documents received on 10th May and evaluation report expected by 11th June. All of a sudden, a few hours ago, the status changed to ‘On hold’ pending verification by issuing institution. I suspect WES is over promising and cannot deliver on time. Hence they are adding this extra verification leg that looks genuine but is actually an excuse to delay the process in line with their actual TAT - between 6 and 8 weeks - and not the 4 weeks miracle they promised my husband to begin with. Be as it may, I have written in to WES on their twitter handle over a private message on my account and my husband has done as much from his twitter handle. We have also written to our contact at IMT Ghaziabad, the same lady from the academic records section whom we contacted for the sealed transcripts in the first place. In case WES is faffing around and simply taking time over issuing a report backlog, we’ll get to know from her soon enough. Do keep us posted on what happens in your case too!

My husband is facing the same, he has also done Masters from IMT ghaziabad.. Do post us if you get the resolution..

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
My husband is facing the same issue..plea

My husband is facing the same, he has also done Masters from IMT ghaziabad.. Do post us if you get the resolution..
@jasicanagpal : Can completely understand what you must be going through! I’ll update soon as we have a resolution. I sent my documents in the second week of April and got my report by mid-May. At my time, I only received the sealed transcript and sent it together with a photocopy of my degree in a consolidated envelope. My husband was promised the same timeline - he sent his documents mid-May though - and now this!!! We’re going to ask IMT if they can send the documents directly this time though. Considering WES has changed their stance, it may be worth asking the institute to verify this way rather than waiting for them to respond to WES (God knows who they’ve sent the mail to, if at all they have sent it already!).

Reactions: Jaywalker

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
@jasicanagpal : Can completely understand what you must be going through! I’ll update soon as we have a resolution. I sent my documents in the second week of April and got my report by mid-May. At my time, I only received the sealed transcript and sent it together with a photocopy of my degree in a consolidated envelope. My husband was promised the same timeline - he sent his documents mid-May though - and now this!!! We’re going to ask IMT if they can send the documents directly this time though. Considering WES has changed their stance, it may be worth asking the institute to verify this way rather than waiting for them to respond to WES (God knows who they’ve sent the mail to, if at all they have sent it already!).

Hi @Nishika22 Please let us know once u talk to WES and if they are okay accepting documents again (directly from the institute)

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @Nishika22 Please let us know once u talk to WES and if they are okay accepting documents again (directly from the institute)
Hi @nikesh25, my husband spoke to a representative at the WES contact centre and he said that WES was very non committal about whether this would work as a verification. They have sent a written and an emailed verification request to an undisclosed contact point at IMT, but we have no way of knowing who it is directed to. Altogether, most unsatisfactory :( Looks like wait and watch for the time being...unless the institute both agrees to send the sealed documents via DHL as well as gets it accepted by WES in lieu of a verification.