+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
@Jaywalker, it is a major challenge indeed. IMT just received and responded to my husband’s verification email today. But it took my husband endless calls to the Contact Center and private messages to the WES Twitter handle to get them to finally send the mail. And that’s after he identified the email ID for certificate verification from the IMT website - the same ID he received the sealed transcript from. After this, there’s no telling when the status will be updated from ON HOLD to verification done successfully.
I am chasing them on twitter as well. But they told me to put a request for correct email id through contact us page which I have done and got the confirmation email today that the request has been sent to concerned authorities. Not sure how much time these guys will take to send the verification email after that? How about your case - you requested for email request on correct email id through contact us page only?

Reactions: Nishika22

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I am chasing them on twitter as well. But they told me to put a request for correct email id through contact us page which I have done and got the confirmation email today that the request has been sent to concerned authorities. Not sure how much time these guys will take to send the verification email after that? How about your case - you requested for email request on correct email id through contact us page only?
Is this a second email after the automated email you get immediately after submitting the request through Contact Us page? When did you put that request? I did it at 3 PM Toronto time on 11th June, and no update for me yet :(

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@Jaywalker, it is a major challenge indeed. IMT just received and responded to my husband’s verification email today. But it took my husband endless calls to the Contact Center and private messages to the WES Twitter handle to get them to finally send the mail. And that’s after he identified the email ID for certificate verification from the IMT website - the same ID he received the sealed transcript from. After this, there’s no telling when the status will be updated from ON HOLD to verification done successfully.
Can you please give me WES official Twitter handle. I've a Twitter ID, but have never used it really :O

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Is this a second email after the automated email you get immediately after submitting the request through Contact Us page? When did you put that request? I did it at 3 PM Toronto time on 11th June, and no update for me yet :(
Yes this is the second email that I got, The first one was just the automated confirmation- I have put that request on 8 june.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Yes this is the second email that I got, The first one was just the automated confirmation- I have put that request on 8 june.
Ok, then I should definitely wait till EOD tomorrow Canada time before taking any further step on Friday. Thanks :)

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
My husband requested them both on the Contact Us page as well as on the Twitter handle @WESCanada.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Can you please give me WES official Twitter handle. I've a Twitter ID, but have never used it really :O
It’s @WESCanada and they’re pretty responsive! Much better than the call centre so far...I don’t use Twitter that much either, but have activated my account lately to follow up with WES ;)

kearun

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi Guys,
My report was due for completion on 7th Jul and suddenly it was put on hold.I have done my PGDM from Liba,Chennai.
I got the following mail from WES.

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. After an initial review of your documents, we have determined that they must be verified by the institution that issued them.

This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to Loyola Institute of Business Administration for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do.
For more information regarding the verification process, please review this article: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/
We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request
."

So in the mail they said that photocopies sent to my institution.I assume they sent hard copies and not any email as mentioned in many of your cases.
For those talking about email, what kind of communication you received from WES after being put 'On hold'?
Thanks.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi Guys,
My report was due for completion on 7th Jul and suddenly it was put on hold.I have done my PGDM from Liba,Chennai.
I got the following mail from WES.

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. After an initial review of your documents, we have determined that they must be verified by the institution that issued them.

This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to Loyola Institute of Business Administration for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do.
For more information regarding the verification process, please review this article: https://www.wes.org/advisor-blog/verification-status/
We appreciate your patience in allowing your former institution sufficient time to respond to our request
."

So in the mail they said that photocopies sent to my institution.I assume they sent hard copies and not any email as mentioned in many of your cases.
For those talking about email, what kind of communication you received from WES after being put 'On hold'?
Thanks.
Hi @kearun, my husband received the same email (‘photocopies of your documents’), but his institute was indeed sent a verification email (together with hard copies of the documents - which will reach them God knows when). Hence, don’t go by the precise wording of the email but the intent behind it, which is to verify the documents with the issuing institution by whichever means possible (an emailed confirmation or a verification done over snail mail). Best of luck for the verification process! Given your account has been put ‘ON HOLD’ well before the due date, you can reasonably expect the verification to be done within the stated timeline. For most of us, the deadline has long passed! :(

kearun

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hi @kearun, my husband received the same email (‘photocopies of your documents’), but his institute was indeed sent a verification email (together with hard copies of the documents - which will reach them God knows when). Hence, don’t go by the precise wording of the email but the intent behind it, which is to verify the documents with the issuing institution by whichever means possible (an emailed confirmation or a verification done over snail mail). Best of luck for the verification process! Given your account has been put ‘ON HOLD’ well before the due date, you can reasonably expect the verification to be done within the stated timeline. For most of us, the deadline has long passed! :(
Hi,Thanks for your response.Actually that date was a typo.My due date was 7th Jun☹.I have checked with Liba officials,but they said no emails received.I have sent a query to Wes via 'contact us' asking them how they sent the docs to institution for verification and by what means institution is supposed to reply back.I am yet to get a response from Wes.Also not sure how long it will take the hard copies to reach Liba.As per canada postal standards, it will take 4-7 business days for normal international deliveries.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I got the second email today morning as below:
"Dear Samik,
Thank you for choosing World Education Services (WES).
Your inquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review.
Best Regards,
Kira
WES Customer Service"
I remember this is the same lady who answered my calls on both days I had called, they seem to be short on staff!!

Let's see how this progresses. Any further update on your cases @Jaywalker or @Nishika22 ?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @samikdg, my husband has received a mail from IMT stating that they have responded to the verification email and have confirmed that the documents sent are in order.
AFTER this, the response from the Contact Center to his query on timelines for a status update was as follows:
Hi, once we receive a response, it takes 2-3 business days for it to be processed in our system. After that, our evaluators will review the new documents and advise regarding the date of completion.
I think we should all start escalating and insist that WES stop this generic, holding response nonsense. Once the documents are confirmed, they just need to proceed with the same evaluation report that they had otherwise put on hold, right!?! What are these ‘new documents’ they are taking about anyways? The verification of the same documents they were previously satisfied enough with to give all of us completion dates that are long overdue as on date, will now take 2-3 business days just to record and then a further review by the examiner??? @Jaywalker , @jasicanagpal , and @samikdg - I think we need to speak to someone in charge at WES. The contact centre simply doesn’t know what is happening or what the resolution will be...leave alone timelines for this new process that is simply too far outside their domain.

Reactions: Nimrod

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
Hi @samikdg, my husband has received a mail from IMT stating that they have responded to the verification email and have confirmed that the documents sent are in order.
AFTER this, the response from the Contact Center to his query on timelines for a status update was as follows:
Hi, once we receive a response, it takes 2-3 business days for it to be processed in our system. After that, our evaluators will review the new documents and advise regarding the date of completion.
I think we should all start escalating and insist that WES stop this generic, holding response nonsense. Once the documents are confirmed, they just need to proceed with the same evaluation report that they had otherwise put on hold, right!?! What are these ‘new documents’ they are taking about anyways? The verification of the same documents they were previously satisfied enough with to give all of us completion dates that are long overdue as on date, will now take 2-3 business days just to record and then a further review by the examiner??? @Jaywalker , @jasicanagpal , and @samikdg - I think we need to speak to someone in charge at WES. The contact centre simply doesn’t know what is happening or what the resolution will be...leave alone timelines for this new process that is simply too far outside their domain.

Received similar generic reply from WES....

I received an update from my institute on 12th June, that they have received verification request from WES and have responded accordingly. I called WES customer care yesterday to check - how soon I can expect my evaluation to get complete. The customer care guy asked me to put this query on Contact Us form and said he will forward it to the concern department. He mentioned that once WES accepts your verification, the status will get updated. This would take 1 to 2 working days.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Received similar generic reply from WES....

I received an update from my institute on 12th June, that they have received verification request from WES and have responded accordingly. I called WES customer care yesterday to check - how soon I can expect my evaluation to get complete. The customer care guy asked me to put this query on Contact Us form and said he will forward it to the concern department. He mentioned that once WES accepts your verification, the status will get updated. This would take 1 to 2 working days.
Hi @nikesh25, thanks for sharing your experience. I do think that first up, WES needs to be responsive, and second up, to be more consistent in their reverts, considering the unusual nature of this process and the unecessary delay it occasions. If you could keep updating this thread with your experience of reaching out to WES and the status updates based on the same, it would be a great way to keep track of what candidates like you and I are going through.

Reactions: nikesh25