+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

magento

Jun 5, 2018
Just talked to the PGP office at my institute, they are clearly irritated now. There have been at least 7-8 cases of this in the last 2 weeks and in one case, the parent of the candidate went to the Director's secretary to verify the Director's mail box himself to ensure they haven't missed the email :O
Funny part is that they've also received the email for 3-4 candidates and promptly sent the confirmation email. No idea why it is stuck for others.

One more worrying thing is that the PGP office contact told they've sent the replies to "auto-sender@wes.org" and apparently did not get any bounce back. He could not locate any other email ID in the email received from WES for another candidate.

Could anyone whose institute has already replied advise where would this reply email ID be located in the WES email?
It bounces back after 24 hrs and usually goes to spam, try by sending a blank one from your own mail id. i did the same.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
It bounces back after 24 hrs and usually goes to spam, try by sending a blank one from your own mail id. i did the same.
@magento, correct, the mail bounces back from auto-sender@wes.org but takes time to do so. Because of this, issuing institutions are under the misconception that mails have been successfully sent out and well received by WES. However, please do not sent test mails to 1@wes.org as it will jeopardize the process for other candidates - NO ONE expect the issuing institution is expected to even know of this ID! Trust you appreciate the gravity of the matter...

Reactions: Mkface03

kearun

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Regarding the mail id to which WES has sent the verification mail-I believe WES will refer to the official mail id which was mentioned in the B part of Academic Records Request form pinned together with the transcript in the envelope(which you sent to WES).
Ask your course coordinator to check that mail inbox and take appropriate action.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Try 1@wes. org
I would strongly advise extreme caution before using this email id unless its the same for your case as well. When I spoke to WES they mentioned that this email ID is unique to each person. Yes it has turned out to be same for few but that does not mean it will be for everyone. Especially when it is a case of degree verification I would strongly advice to be extremely cautious. Just imagine your institute sending email to an ID which is meant for someone else. It will not be good for you and for your institute as well. Rest you guys are smart enough.

Its important that you guys know how to find out that email id. The email id is the name of the image file attached to the email. The image file is the postal address of the WES in the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: samikdg and magento

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@ans234: Just to answer your query on time taken once verification documents were sent, Im appending the entire timeline for my husband’s ECA report:

10th May: We have received the documents. We are reviewing the documents.
17th May: We have received the documents. We are reviewing the documents. (2nd such update)
21st May: Your evaluation is in progress towards an expected completion date of 11th June.
8th June: Your account is ‘on hold’ pending verification from issuing institution
13th June: IMT confirms receipt of verification mail and says they have sent their response
15th June: @jeethus informs us that the auto-sender ID is returning bounce backs for all issuing institutions and we contact IMT again
15th June: Verification mail forwarded by IMT to contactca@wes.org but no change in status.
16th June: We inform IMT over email that the response has to be sent to 1@wes.org
18th June: IMT sends the response to the relevant ID quoting my husband’s unique reference number and confirming authenticity of provided documents.
18th June: Status updated by WES towards a completion date of 19th June
20th June: WES report issued with Masters equivalency

magento

Jun 5, 2018
@magento, correct, the mail bounces back from auto-sender@wes.org but takes time to do so. Because of this, issuing institutions are under the misconception that mails have been successfully sent out and well received by WES. However, please do not sent test mails to 1@wes.org as it will jeopardize the process for other candidates - NO ONE expect the issuing institution is expected to even know of this ID! Trust you appreciate the gravity of the matter...
right but the mail which i received from WES for VDR is already having this image file of 1@ .

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I would strongly advise extreme caution before using this email id unless its the same for your case as well. When I spoke to WES they mentioned that this email ID is unique to each person. Yes it has turned out to be same for few but that does not mean it will be for everyone. Especially when it is a case of degree verification I would strongly advice to be extremely cautious. Just imagine your institute sending email to an ID which is meant for someone else. It will not be good for you and for your institute as well. Rest you guys are smart enough.

Its important that you guys know how to find out that email id. The email id is the name of the image file attached to the email. The image file is the postal address of the WES in the email.
Is it attached to the VDR email which WES sent to you? I can see the postal address image of WES on top of that email, but how to know what is the name of that image? :O In my Gmail, the email from WES does not show any attachment separately.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
I think we need to follow what @Jaywalker has said and be sure about the email ID specific to each of us. But my challenge is I cannot find out the email ID from the email I got and my institute PGP contact couldn't figure out looking at the other candidate email.
Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out when my institute finally receives the email for me :)

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Is it attached to the VDR email which WES sent to you? I can see the postal address image of WES on top of that email, but how to know what is the name of that image? :O In my Gmail, the email from WES does not show any attachment separately.
Never mind guys, I could see the attachment 1@wes.org when I was trying to reply to the auto-sender ID just now. So, one mystery solved :)

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
Never mind guys, I could see the attachment 1@wes.org when I was trying to reply to the auto-sender ID just now. So, one mystery solved :)
Hi @samikdg - can you please elaborate more.

You found this unique ID in VDR mail sent to you by WES? I can see the postal address image of WES on top of the email, but not able to figure out name of the file. I tried replying to VDR notification - but still could not figure out...

nikesh25

Mar 21, 2018
Hi @samikdg - can you please elaborate more.

You found this unique ID in VDR mail sent to you by WES? I can see the postal address image of WES on top of the email, but not able to figure out name of the file. I tried replying to VDR notification - but still could not figure out...
Ohhk...got it... it says 1@wes.org

DSAdsa

Feb 14, 2018
Can anyone of you please let me know that on which email id they will send the email for University of Mumbai to verify the MCom documents ( MU has only issued those documents)

I am done marking all the emai ids of university of mumbai ( vice chancellor, director, registrar, students welfare) and none of them have received the email.

Mumbai university vidhyapeeth Bhavan in churchagte is the one who attests the documents and they should verify the documents as mentioned by registrars office.

PS : the email id is for students welfare department deptstudentswelfare@gmail.com

Will WES accept email from them ?