+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

Jan 3, 2022
I applied through an agent on April 2021 and biometric was done on 23 august after that no reply I am pr of Canada. he is saying they taking too long on new portal too don't know what to do. my son's graduation is coming in June I am thinking about saying it if I applied in new portal. Agent asked me to contact m p but haven't heard from them yet. Can you able to tell how fast new portal application going. thx
If you applied before Sept 7th 2021 for a Visitor visa ,you are required to submit a new application . Read updates from IRCC PORTAL. Note: Agents are mostly concerned about money , only a few work with passion and dedication to client needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSimran

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
If you applied before Sept 7th 2021 for a Visitor visa ,you are required to submit a new application . Read updates from IRCC PORTAL. Note: Agents are mostly concerned about money , only a few work with passion and dedication to client needs.
can I apply own my own this time if I applied last one with agent thx

Phani038

May 27, 2019
Hey guys, please help me with your inputs about my situation. I stay in Canada and filling the Visitor Visa documents to invite my parents. For Financials, I'm planning to show 5 Lakhs. Right now, I have 5 Lakhs in a Bank (Bank Account1-Joint account of mine and my father) with continuous transactions for almost 2 years. My Parents' joint account is with another bank(Bank Account2-Joint account of mother and father) that doesn't have any transaction history. Do you suggest to keep the funds in BankAccount1 or BankAccount2?

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
can I apply to own my own this time if I applied the last one with agent thx
Yes, You can do that, You can withdraw the agent as representative and apply for your own. if you are applying for your parents you can be their representative as a family member. you can get concern form signed from your parents and represent them.

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Yes, You can do that, You can withdraw the agent as representative and apply for your own. if you are applying for your parents you can be their representative as a family member. you can get concern form signed from your parents and represent them.
I applied for my parents yesterday . Can we expect biometric collection letter on Saturday or Sunday . I mean on weekend do they work!

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
I applied for my parents yesterday . Can we expect biometric collection letter on Saturday or Sunday . I mean on weekend do they work!
Most probably you will get it on Monday.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
hi can someone can answer this how can I write this Tell us more about what you'll do in Canada. Include dates.

adds

Feb 5, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife are relocating to Canada from Australia on work permit. We don't have PR but will start the process asap. We wanted to bring our father with us. Can anyone advise if we get the 6 month visitor visa for him what are the chances that it will get renewed? Or if he goes back to India or US for a month, when can he come back again for additional 6 months? TIA

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
hey everyone,

i am applying for supervisa using the new ircc portal but i do not see any section to upload any picture of the applicant. does the new portal not require the applicant's photo to be uploaded as part of the application?

also for medical insurance, is it okay if i buy an insurance with the highest deductible ($10,000)?

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
hey everyone,

i am applying for supervisa using the new ircc portal but i do not see any section to upload any picture of the applicant. does the new portal not require the applicant's photo to be uploaded as part of the application?

also for medical insurance, is it okay if i buy an insurance with the highest deductible ($10,000)?
Hi!
New portal doesn’t require photo
Most documents have to be merged and uploaded under additional documents.
For insurance they don’t specify anything about deductible. As long as it’s for a year from the date the intend to enter Canada and has a min coverage of 100K.

Reactions: waterlooengineer

Isha007

Apr 17, 2017
Hi All,
Which option to select for parents visitor visa application from New Portal. Looks like the options have changed since I checked the last time.
These are the new relevant options, please let me know.
https://flic.kr/p/2n3jjVf
a. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
b. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months

Last edited:

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Hi All,

My parents visitor visa application was submitted Jan17. Yesterday I noticed i checked the wrong option. I put "to visit dependent child in Canada" instead of non-dependent. Should I withdraw and reapply? Any suggestions?

NewIndia123

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I am facing this issue:

My mother submitted her Canada visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal on 26-Nov-2021 and gave her biometrics on 22-Dec-2021. But whenever we log in to the portal, the system displays "Your fingerprints have not been received". What's even more weird is that on the top right corner under "Applicant information", her biometrics details are mentioned (Biometrics number, Date of biometrics enrolment, and Expiry date).

Please advise what to do.

Also, I wanted to attach screenshots here but couldn't. Can someone please tell me how to share screenshots via this forum? I tried many ways but couldn't figure it out. There is an "Insert Image" option but that asks for a URL, whereas my image is saved on my desktop. Couldn't figure out how to upload it.

Thanks

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
I am facing this issue:

My mother submitted her Canada visitor visa application through new IRCC Portal on 26-Nov-2021 and gave her biometrics on 22-Dec-2021. But whenever we log in to the portal, the system displays "Your fingerprints have not been received". What's even more weird is that on the top right corner under "Applicant information", her biometrics details are mentioned (Biometrics number, Date of biometrics enrolment, and Expiry date).

Please advise what to do.

Also, I wanted to attach screenshots here but couldn't. Can someone please tell me how to share screenshots via this forum? I tried many ways but couldn't figure it out. There is an "Insert Image" option but that asks for a URL, whereas my image is saved on my desktop. Couldn't figure out how to upload it.

Thanks
I am having the exact same issue. I talked to IRCC and it seems like this is a glitch in their system.
If you can see biometric details on the right side, that means your biometrics have been received. Just wait for the final decision.