+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi All,

I am on a Work Permit in Canada and applying for my Parents visitor visa and have few questions. My Father would be the primary applicant
1. For Funds Proof - Should he break his money in FDs or should get a document from bank which mentions about the FD and account balance
What other documents can we include, Bank statement, Pension slips or any Property documents
2. For my mother should we include bank statement of her account as well, again should we break her FDs and then take the bank statement or only my Father's funds proof would be enough
3. Marriage Certificate - My parents were marriend in the 70s so they don't have any certificate so should we get an affidavit for the same, name of each other is present in their passports
4. I do not have PR and on a Work permit so would this option be correct for them "To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months"
5. What should be the answer to - Do you have a valid national identity document? Should it be No as I believe Adhaar card is not consider as a national identity
5. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? I am planning to put 20000 CAD, Should I mention it for both the parents, does that mean we should show 12 Lakhs in bank statements
6. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Should I answer it as No or Yes for my mother since she would be a dependent of father

It would be really helpful for me and other folks if someone could help with these questions

Thank you
anyone >?

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
anyone >?
I feel for you bro. But I just wanted to say that this is not the right thread for such a post. Please post on the appropriate thread. This thread as it says is only for people who applied in Jan 2022.

HtsCan

Apr 18, 2021
Just have a quick question for a visitor visa application for parents through new portal.
My friend applied last September via the new IRCC portal and at that time in documents, they were asking for proof of relationship and proof of family member status along with passport, funds and marriage certificate. But as of yesterday, when I was applying for my patents, the options to upload proof of relationship and proof of family member status are gone. Rest of the options for documents are still there (only passport, funds and marriage certificate). Does anyone know about this update ?

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
Hey Guys, could you please help me with this query:
Premise: Visit Visa application for my parents.

I created a CIC account for my dad, he's the primary applicant and he will be filling the application for himself and my mom.
So, in this case, he says no to in the representative section right?
and then he's going to be filling the my mothers application as well. So, in my mothers application the representative would be a yes, correct?

Also, can i add my T4s and NOAs to the profile?

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey Guys.
What the hell is going on? Did any of you receive any update?
I applied for my parents in January and the application is still processing. Also no response on webform.
SUPER FRUSTRATED NOW.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Just have a quick question for a visitor visa application for parents through new portal.
My friend applied last September via the new IRCC portal and at that time in documents, they were asking for proof of relationship and proof of family member status along with passport, funds and marriage certificate. But as of yesterday, when I was applying for my patents, the options to upload proof of relationship and proof of family member status are gone. Rest of the options for documents are still there (only passport, funds and marriage certificate). Does anyone know about this update ?
They have changes to this portal on a daily basis. Keep checking and submit accordingly.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey Guys, could you please help me with this query:
Premise: Visit Visa application for my parents.

I created a CIC account for my dad, he's the primary applicant and he will be filling the application for himself and my mom.
and then he's going to be filling the my mothers application as well. So, in my mothers application the representative would be a yes, correct?

Also, can i add my T4s and NOAs to the profile?
and then he's going to be filling the my mothers application as well. So, in my mothers application the representative would be a yes, correct?he will be a representative for her

Also, can i add my T4s and NOAs to the profile?Yes you can in your invitation letter and attach

Reactions: salw578

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey Guys.
What the hell is going on? Did any of you receive any update?
I applied for my parents in January and the application is still processing. Also no response on webform.
SUPER FRUSTRATED NOW.
Yeah some people get a visa in 5 days and some take 6 months. So random this is :(

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey Guys,
Just so you all know. I got a request for passport submission.
Visitor visa approved for parents finally.