+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hello Everyone,

Anyone noticed recent changes done on the new Portal for a visitor visa. I created a profile for my parents and applied on behalf of my parents as a representative. I prepared a list of documents and everything but at the end of the application document upload page, they only ask for very little documentation. No documents asked for Family relationships and for finance it's showing I have to upload only my finance document nothing for parents. I am in Canada for 2.5 years and inviting my parents to visit.

Can anyone recently apply for parents? Please find attached the document upload list which I can see on the upload document list right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Document Upload List

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Anyone noticed recent changes done on the new Portal for a visitor visa. I created a profile for my parents and applied on behalf of my parents as a representative. I prepared a list of documents and everything but at the end of the application document upload page, they only ask for very little documentation. No documents asked for Family relationships and for finance it's showing I have to upload only my finance document nothing for parents. I am in Canada for 2.5 years and inviting my parents to visit.

Can anyone recently apply for parents? Please find attached the document upload list which I can see on the upload document list right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Document Upload List
You must attach proof of their savings, property, etc. Your savings are secondary for a TRV. Your finances are what primarily counts for a supervisa.

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
You must attach proof of their savings, property, etc. Your savings are secondary for a TRV. Your finances are what primarily counts for a supervisor.
Thank you for your response. So I am adding their documents around 12000 CAD liquid funds along with Stocks and Mutual Funds is that sufficient? Also, I am adding the CA report for Property valuation. Please let me know if that will work or anything is missing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. So I am adding their documents around 12000 CAD liquid funds along with Stocks and Mutual Funds is that sufficient? Also, I am adding the CA report for Property valuation. Please let me know if that will work or anything is missing.
You can only provide the amount of savings that they actually have and what is realistic for them to have. Cash is most important because family breakdowns have happened and the government wants to ensure that visitors can go to a hotel and fly home using their own funds if necessary. Yes Property evaluations are also a good thing to add. If they receive a pension and have to return home annually to receive the pension that is a good thing to highlight because it provides ties to their home country.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed my father bank statement of two banks close to 20,000 CAD.
What should I do next. Should I reapply or not? Need your guidance.

bonaparte

Aug 16, 2019
I applied for my parents visit visa this January from Pakistan to visit my sister who is in Canada and expecting her 3rd child, who need parents support. I have attached property documents of my parents and business registration of my father and along with my sister doctor’s certificate and invitation letter.
Today I got refusal letter stating based on family ties in Canada and in your country of resisdance. I showed my father bank statement of two banks close to 20,000 CAD.
What should I do next. Should I reapply or not? Need your guidance.
What date you applied? Please write your timeline.

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
You can only provide the amount of savings that they actually have and what is realistic for them to have. Cash is most important because family breakdowns have happened and the government wants to ensure that visitors can go to a hotel and fly home using their own funds if necessary. Yes Property evaluations are also a good thing to add. If they receive a pension and have to return home annually to receive the pension that is a good thing to highlight because it provides ties to their home country.
Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep that in mind. Though In the new portal, it's strange that they only ask for funds (Proof) upload section the section for my documents only. No section to upload my parent's proof of funds. So should I combine for me and my parents both document and upload as an one document or I should upload their CA report and funds document in an additional document section? what do you suggest?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep that in mind. Though In the new portal, it's strange that they only ask for funds (Proof) upload section the section for my documents only. No section to upload my parent's proof of funds. So should I combine for me and my parents both document and upload as an one document or I should upload their CA report and funds document in an additional document section? what do you suggest?
For some reason they have never specifically listed all the documents necessary in the applications. Not sure where to upload. Both probably are fine.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am applying for Super visa. Some people say that I should get the invitation letter notarized and some people say that I don't have to. Can someone please clarify if we need to notarize the invitation letter for Super visa or not?

Thank you.