+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Did anyone get their visitor visa approved?
I applied on 2nd January. Biometrics completed on the 17th January and since then no movement.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
You can only provide the amount of savings that they actually have and what is realistic for them to have. Cash is most important because family breakdowns have happened and the government wants to ensure that visitors can go to a hotel and fly home using their own funds if necessary. Yes Property evaluations are also a good thing to add. If they receive a pension and have to return home annually to receive the pension that is a good thing to highlight because it provides ties to their home country.
I am planning to apply for my parents' visitor visa at my convocation ceremony. My parents don't have much savings so they will depend on my brother's support. Will it affect their application? What proofs we can upload from my brother side to show he will support my parents?

salw578

Oct 23, 2020
Hey guys, I am a PR.

My parents and brother would like to visit canada and see places here.
The purpose should be tourism only right? and not meeting with an immediate family member?

What should i do in this situation? Apply for super visa and my brother applies for a different visa?

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Thank you so much for the advice. I will keep that in mind. Though In the new portal, it's strange that they only ask for funds (Proof) upload section the section for my documents only. No section to upload my parent's proof of funds. So should I combine for me and my parents both document and upload as an one document or I should upload their CA report and funds document in an additional document section? what do you suggest?
Upload in additional documents. You will have to add it to any letter of explanation you are submitting.

Nshah28

Feb 25, 2022
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
You should definitely reapply. I just got my in-laws TRV approval based on my wife's pregnancy and help needed around. Calling for help during pregnancy is definitely not grounds for refusal.
can you please share the invitation letter, i am in similar situation and confused if i should mention to help with pregnancy or just regular visit

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
You should definitely reapply. I just got my in-laws TRV approval based on my wife's pregnancy and help needed around. Calling for help during pregnancy is definitely not grounds for refusal.
Can you please share the timeline? And which visa office/
Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am planning to apply for my parents' visitor visa at my convocation ceremony. My parents don't have much savings so they will depend on my brother's support. Will it affect their application? What proofs we can upload from my brother side to show he will support my parents?
You can try to see if they will be approved with your brother’s support but no guarantees. There isn’t anyway to guarantee your brother will pay which is the problem.

Reactions: Stu234

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)
Wow, that was very quick. Which visa office processed the application?

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
Wow, that was very quick. Which visa office processed the application?
Congratulations, did you show funds in their account or you showed your own finances to support the trip

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
question for everyone, says that visit visa needs to be applied outside of canada
so if i apply on behalf of someone thru ircc portal online (i am in Canada) will that be an issue?