+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Parents With New Portal (Jan 2022)

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
You should definitely reapply. I just got my in-laws TRV approval based on my wife's pregnancy and help needed around. Calling for help during pregnancy is definitely not grounds for refusal.
I have sent you a pm, will appreciate your help

ch1tah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2015
File Transfer...
March 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec, 2014
Hello everyone, is it taboo to put pregnancy help as reason for parents visit visa?

Last edited:

RC@new

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all applicants,
For new IRCC portal, nowhere PR copy of inviter is required? Have you provided it in optional documents?

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
You can try to see if they will be approved with your brother’s support but no guarantees. There isn’t anyway to guarantee your brother will pay which is the problem.
Thanks for your response.

My convocation is in June so am planning to apply this month, I believe transferring funds from my brother’s account to my parents joint account would not be a good idea? Or do you think there wont be any issue?

Kechy332

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27 11 2019
AOR Received.
08-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)
did you use the new portal or GCKey

Reactions: Anjushka

VisitorV

Dec 4, 2021
Here is my mother's timeline:
Applied- 13 October 21 through gc key
Biometric done- 3c November 21
Biometric update- 7 December 21
In process since then. I've emailed Delhi High Commission, raised web forms as the application has passed the processing time already and we haven't heard back anything. I'm thinking of re applying through the new portal. I'm thinking whether i should use the same docs or not. The bank statements are from October21. My father will be sponsoring the entire trip. Kindly let mem know if I can use the same or do I get new ones?

bono32323

Oct 1, 2021
Hi All,

I am on a Work Permit in Canada and applying for my Parents visitor visa and have few questions. My Father would be the primary applicant
1. For Funds Proof - Should he break his money in FDs or should get a document from bank which mentions about the FD and account balance
What other documents can we include, Bank statement, Pension slips or any Property documents
2. For my mother should we include bank statement of her account as well, again should we break her FDs and then take the bank statement or only my Father's funds proof would be enough
3. Marriage Certificate - My parents were marriend in the 70s so they don't have any certificate so should we get an affidavit for the same, name of each other is present in their passports
4. I do not have PR and on a Work permit so would this option be correct for them "To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months"
5. What should be the answer to - Do you have a valid national identity document? Should it be No as I believe Adhaar card is not consider as a national identity
5. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? I am planning to put 20000 CAD, Should I mention it for both the parents, does that mean we should show 12 Lakhs in bank statements
6. Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? Should I answer it as No or Yes for my mother since she would be a dependent of father

It would be really helpful for me and other folks if someone could help with these questions

Thank you

jj44

Mar 22, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Anyone noticed recent changes done on the new Portal for a visitor visa. I created a profile for my parents and applied on behalf of my parents as a representative. I prepared a list of documents and everything but at the end of the application document upload page, they only ask for very little documentation. No documents asked for Family relationships and for finance it's showing I have to upload only my finance document nothing for parents. I am in Canada for 2.5 years and inviting my parents to visit.

Can anyone recently apply for parents? Please find attached the document upload list which I can see on the upload document list right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Document Upload List
Hey priyank,

I am also applying for Tourist Visa for my Parents. They asked for Marriage Certificate for my parents. Did you submitted their Marriage certificate? I talked to lawyer back in India and he said it will couple months to get one. rought

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....
7-7-2015
VISA ISSUED...
5-8-2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Guys,
Did anybody get their visitor visa approved from India who applied in January 2022? I applied for my parent's visa, and the application has been stuck in process since then. I have sent web forms and emails, but nothing works.

NitinJuyal

May 26, 2019
Guys,
Did anybody get their visitor visa approved from India who applied in January 2022? I applied for my parent's visa, and the application has been stuck in process since then. I have sent web forms and emails, but nothing works.
Nope. Applied on January 9th, Biometric completed on 14th Jan....no updates at all.

Bhaskarpaliwal

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Med's Done....