+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents in canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,
I want to apply for my parents and younger sister from Bangladesh as visit visa.
  • My father is employed
  • My mother is housewife
  • Sister is 2nd year university student
Can my father be the principal applicant and my mother and sister will be his dependent to accompany him?
Yes, if your sister is a minor.

My father will show his employment letter with approved vacation time, financial papers such as bank statements,fixed deposits, tax papers, home papers.
Also, his salary slips + evidence of any work commitments to return to.

He must include a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates.... and prove he has the financial resources to pay for his travel plan + airfare.... for three persons.

If the fixed deposits are locked-in, they cannot be included in the funds available for the visit, but they can be included as part of your dad's overall financial situation.

My sister will show approved vacation letter from university and mentioning she will be back after her vacation. My mother will show her bank statement.
She needs to also include evidence that she is a bona fide student: Admission letter + tuition fee receipts + marksheets/transcripts + student ID + any exams scheduled after her visit, etc

Is there any good chance to get Visa if all of them apply together?
Generally, chances of a TRV approval are low if the entire family applies together.... unless each applicant has demonstrated that s/he has exceptionally strong reasons to return to her/his home country + if they have traveled together as a family abroad.

You may want to consider not applying for your sister if she is in the initial semesters of her study program.

Approximately what is a good amount ( in CAD) for three people for one month visit?
Nothing borrowed or transferred from you. Bank balances and investments must match your dad's tax returns.

The day-by-day plan will give them a good idea about the funds needed for their visit

Reactions: SHENJUTI

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Hey, long time. I'm good. Thanks.

IMO:
1. Do you meet the requirements for their super visas? I'm assuming your in-laws would like to stay for long duration.

2. Yes, to all your questions. They must also include the tax returns of the sons + evidence they live with their sons (??)

3. Depending on the evidence of their individual ties, you may want to consider applying first for your dad-in-law and later for your mom-in-law (she seems to have a stronger application)
Great to hear from you - thanks for your reply.

Just my mother in law wants to visit and not my father in law and she too will visit for not more than a month or two.
Yes, we can provide the evidence that they live together.

Thanks again, will get the financial support documents + evidence of staying together :)

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018

Thanks Bryanna
My sister is 21 years old and still she is financially depending on my dad. Is she considered as a minor for TRV?

He must include a detailed day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates.... and prove he has the financial resources to pay for his travel plan + airfare.... for three persons.

If the fixed deposits are locked-in, they cannot be included in the funds available for the visit, but they can be included as part of your dad's overall financial situation.

She needs to also include evidence that she is a bona fide student: Admission letter + tuition fee receipts + marksheets/transcripts + student ID + any exams scheduled after her visit, etc

Generally, chances of a TRV approval are low if the entire family applies together.... unless each applicant has demonstrated that s/he has exceptionally strong reasons to return to her/his home country + if they have traveled together as a family abroad.

You may want to consider not applying for your sister if she is in the initial semesters of her study program.

Nothing borrowed or transferred from you. Bank balances and investments must match your dad's tax returns.

The day-by-day plan will give them a good idea about the funds needed for their visit

SHENJUTI

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018

My father is a doctor. He will collect the employment letter mentioning his approved leave period from the hospital where does he work. He is also doing private practice. If he will mention that on cover letter will it be considered as a

Can you please also guide me on --

-lnvitation letter( can I include my spouse details , what information should be mentioned , should I mention any specific reason for their visit like birthday party of my kid or only visit me and my family and sightseeing is okay?)

- What kind of indentification and financial documents should enclosed with Invitation Letter?

- Which points should be mentioned on cover letter?

- Both my mom and sister need financial support letter separately as they are dependent on my dad? If it's yes, does my dad need to sign on the letter as he agrees to support them fully on the entire visit?

kahmed03

Jan 17, 2019
Hello experts,

Implanning to apply for my parents. My mother recently retired and she is on her LPR (leave preparatory to retirement) and my father is a businessman. As a businessman my fathet do not have too much money on bank accounts and maximum time deals on cash money. For financial stability how much money I have to show on their bank account including FDs. Any approximate amount will help.

Thanks for your time and help.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello experts,

Implanning to apply for my parents. My mother recently retired and she is on her LPR (leave preparatory to retirement) and my father is a businessman. As a businessman my fathet do not have too much money on bank accounts and maximum time deals on cash money. For financial stability how much money I have to show on their bank account including FDs. Any approximate amount will help.

Ideally, 1000-1500 CAD per week in addition to airfare(subject to accommodation being taken care or by you guys).

Don’t put the proposed visit for more than 2 weeks.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello experts,

Hi,

I am not sure, but do prepare the complete itinerary for the trip and calculate the cost. Show atleast 3-4 times of the intended cost. Cost should include flights, insurance and any planned visits.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM

kahmed03

Jan 17, 2019
Ideally, 1000-1500 CAD per week in addition to airfare(subject to accommodation being taken care or by you guys).

Don’t put the proposed visit for more than 2 weeks.
Thanks, accommodation, food, and local transportation will be taken care by us. In spite of me they will be visiting 2 of my cousins and they also live nearby so should not be too many expenses related to accommodation, food, and local transportation. Is it okay? or should I have to put more activities like traveling to other cities or visiting some heritage or tourist places?

kahmed03

Jan 17, 2019
Hi,

I am not sure, but do prepare the complete itinerary for the trip and calculate the cost. Show atleast 3-4 times of the intended cost. Cost should include flights, insurance and any planned visits.

Best Regards,
OMSAIOM
Thanks, Most probably they will pay the flight fare and all other expenses will be taken care of by us. Is it okay if we also pay for the insurance and what about if I take from any canadaian insurance provider?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thanks, accommodation, food, and local transportation will be taken care by us. In spite of me they will be visiting 2 of my cousins and they also live nearby so should not be too many expenses related to accommodation, food, and local transportation. Is it okay? or should I have to put more activities like traveling to other cities or visiting some heritage or tourist places?

You don’t have to volunteer information regarding your cousins. Just develop a rough itinerary, if possible, and include it in the Statement of purpose of visit and your invitation. Please note that the dates/intended places to visit should match accordingly.

Hope they can show finances and other docs that help prove they would return to India soon?

Reactions: kahmed03

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thanks, Most probably they will pay the flight fare and all other expenses will be taken care of by us. Is it okay if we also pay for the insurance and what about if I take from any canadaian insurance provider?
Insurance is not mandatory for TRV- however, it certainly offers mental peace whilst they are here.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Even if you pay all expenses for their actual visit, they are required to demonstrate that they themselves can pay for these expenses, and not just the airfare.

Insurance coverage is not mandatory for TRVs, but is a wise decision when traveling abroad. They could buy an overseas medical insurance policy from an insurance company (Canadian or their home country) that would cover their flight dates and the visit for the North Americas

adeelcis

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
I want to apply for my parents visitor visa. Can anybody share with me sample for invitation letter, travel itinerary details and statement of purpose. Also doc checklist other than mentioned on cic website.
Regards

Reactions: Sule2017