+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for parents in canada

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Getting a trv for your mother will be solely based on her ability to finance the trip even if you plan on paying for the trip. Her ties to her home country and travel history will also factor into the decision. A supervisa would be more based on your finances.
you mean if I say I will pay for her expenses, they will reject her visa?!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
you mean if I say I will pay for her expenses, they will reject her visa?!!!
The greater the financial dependence on the Canadian host, the lesser the chances of a TRV approval. That's because it means the visitor has a weak economic situation in his/her home country and is likely to overstay his/her visit (or in some cases, maybe even work illegally)

EmmaR

Dec 8, 2017
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada last month, and I want to apply for my parent's visa.
I have few questions and doubts:
1) I started working last month so I don't have 3 months pay slips, which is must needed for visa invitation, so would there any chances, I can apply for my parent's visa?
2) If I ask my relative here to send them the invite, what should be filled in the following questions:
- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
Would that be an issue, if my parents' profile says that their daughter is in Canada but the invite they got and place they live after reaching here would be of my relative?

Please suggest and help.
Thank you!!

Ijaz7484

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
hi. i am applying for parents trv from india ONLINE. i have couple of confusions,

1. Business registration : This i need to keep dad trade license copy ?
2.Proof of means of financial support : this i have to keep both my mom and dad bank statements together or do i have to keep mom bank statement separate?
3. if i have to upload mom bank statement separte then wher shud i upload? in the client information area ??
4. where should i upload the letter of invitation and NOA ?? in the travel purpose ?
5. if my dad is main applicant, for mom there are no much options to upload her documents ?

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents. I am a PR and have got a job. I am meeting LICO(more than that infact) as specified on the website for 2 people. But now, when I am applying for their visa, I have few queries. Kindly help. They are as below -

1) I want to apply for both of my parents as a single application but while filling questionnaire - it is asking me to fill for only one person. Does it mean, I will have to fill for both of my parents individually?

If it is so, then I have another query. My mom is working as a tution teacher and has her last 2 years' income tax returns with her, though her income had been non taxable, but she filed her income tax returns. And my father also can show his income tax returns. My query in this case is - I want to show that although she has earned her own income but in case, if required, my father will be paying for her expenses.

I want to apply for both of them together and want to show the visa officer that they together want to come to visit me for a month and then they will go back and in between for finances - I will be showing bank statement of last 4 months of both of my parents.

Can some one please help me how to present this case as one file before visa officer?

2) While choosing the time line for visit - if I choose temporarily - for less than 6 months - as an option then will they stamp multiple entry 10 years' visa on their passport?

3) Also, I will be showing INR 4-5 L for 2 people for a month's stay in their account(2 different accounts for both). Will this be ok if I will be showing:

- my employment letter
- my 2 paystubs
- my bank statements
- gold assessed by jeweller
- their bank statements showing amount between 4 to 5L at a total
- property assessment under the name of my father (by CA)
- property assessment under the name of my mother (by CA)

4) For showing ties back to India - Will it be ok, if they will be showing the same properties they have against their name, their son is also in India who is preparing for exams and my father will be showing that he has his business and my mother is a tution teacher. And my brother is not visiting me in Canada with them.

So, they have strong reason to go back because they have their properties, their businesses and a child there back home. So, they do not have any intention of staying in Canada with me.

Kindly suggest for these points.

arjunoberoi08

May 31, 2018
HI,

2. For rented property (if it's the case): Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + bank statement confirming rent payments
no rented property
1. My dad is not working. He's hearing impaired disability. But he have decent rental income from his property. But I'm confused what to write in EMPLOYMENT SECTION in IMM_5257e form.
1.a) From date?
1.b) To date? Blank?
1.c) Current Activity?
1.d) Company?

2. I have other question related to this rental income, he don't give any receipt to tenant except a small piece of paper which is thrown to bin after used every month. He have rent agreement and he can show the proof in bank. Is there any issue without receipt?

3. I have one other question which is not related to rental income. Since he's hearing handicapped, he only knows Indian Hand Sign Language.
The questions are in the same form IMM_5257e
3.a) Native Language: There's no Indian Hand Sign Language except "Sign Language French" option. So I should opt "Others", right?
3.b) Are you able to communicate in English and/or French? He only uses hand sign language. But he knows how to write in English. Should I click "English" or "neither"?

jonnyquest

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
13th May 2016
Nomination.....
13th Aug 2016
Dear All,
I have received my Pr visa and will be landing in Canada by Jan 2019, now I want to apply for visitor's visa for my parents.
I have few questions to that regards:
1. Can they apply before I have left for Canada.
2. Now my parents are retired and don't have any proof of work and also done have any salary income. But have 2 properties which is giving them rent( have rent agreement)
3. Had Bought 3rd property which, will hopefully be leased by october-November this year.
4. As we bought 3rd property so don't have any saving left.
Now, in this senario can my parents apply for visitors visa and will it get approved?
Hope someone can assist us on this, will highly appreciate.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,
I have received my Pr visa and will be landing in Canada by Jan 2019, now I want to apply for visitor's visa for my parents.
2. Now my parents are retired and don't have any proof of work and also done have any salary income. But have 2 properties which is giving them rent( have rent agreement)
3. Had Bought 3rd property which, will hopefully be leased by october-November this year.
Now, in this senario can my parents apply for visitors visa and will it get approved?

Regards,
You should wait until you have established yourself in Canada before inviting them. They will also need to wait until they have built up their savings.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear All,

Regards,
IMO, your parents must NOT apply for some months until after you have landed as a PR, settled in and you can support their visit with accommodation and some amount of financial support.

In the current scenario, their visas are likely to be refused because it would seem like they are moving to Canada long-term to stay with you

jonnyquest

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
13th May 2016
Nomination.....
13th Aug 2016
You should wait until you have established yourself in Canada before inviting them. They will also need to wait until they have built up their savings.
Thank you for showing the right direction.

Regards,
Amit Kotwani.

jonnyquest

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
13th May 2016
Nomination.....
13th Aug 2016
IMO, your parents must NOT apply for some months until after you have landed as a PR, settled in and you can support their visit with accommodation and some amount of financial support.

In the current scenario, their visas are likely to be refused because it would seem like they are moving to Canada long-term to stay with you
thank you, highly appreciate your insight.

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
first time 20-07-2012; re-done: 09-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
I need some guidance. I am trying to apply for a visitor visa for my mother INLAW. I'm a Canadian Citizen, my wife is a PR (only I'm working and as a family meet/exceed the minimum income). But My question is how can I apply FOR her, ONLINE? Every website with Immigration Canada refers to the first person (who is Applying) but does not make any reference to who (whom) I am applying for? I have looked but cannot find an Application process I can do ON BEHALF of my Mother in law (as she doesn't speak English)

We do not need a Super Parent Visa because she just wants to come and visit us and our child for a month or so. She has her own business in her country.

Any info would be great.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I need some guidance. I am trying to apply for a visitor visa for my mother INLAW. I'm a Canadian Citizen, my wife is a PR (only I'm working and as a family meet/exceed the minimum income). But My question is how can I apply FOR her, ONLINE? Every website with Immigration Canada refers to the first person (who is Applying) but does not make any reference to who (whom) I am applying for? I have looked but cannot find an Application process I can do ON BEHALF of my Mother in law (as she doesn't speak English)

We do not need a Super Parent Visa because she just wants to come and visit us and our child for a month or so. She has her own business in her country.

Any info would be great.
You can prepare her paper application. She can print if off + submit it in person at the nearest VFS office in the country where she resides. This might be a good idea if she needs to give biometrics.

The other option is to apply online as her authorized representative. She would need to sign the IMM 5476 (Use of representative form). You would need to create a new GCKey account for this. She would still need to visit a VFS office if she is required to give her biometrics

askcanada

Mar 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima Peru
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
first time 20-07-2012; re-done: 09-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2013
You can prepare her paper application. She can print if off + submit it in person at the nearest VFS office in the country where she resides. This might be a good idea if she needs to give biometrics.

The other option is to apply online as her authorized representative. She would need to sign the IMM 5476 (Use of representative form). You would need to create a new GCKey account for this. She would still need to visit a VFS office if she is required to give her biometrics
Thanks Bryanna -

The country where is living (Peru) I don't think needs Biometrics. So, the latter option where I can apply as her representative - does that mean when I create a new GCkey, do I create it in her name? Is the IMM 5476 Form accepted if she emails me a copy? or do I need to get the original from her? Sorry for the basic questions.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The country where is living (Peru) I don't think needs Biometrics.
That's right. Peru will be on the biometrics list from December 31.

So, the latter option where I can apply as her representative - does that mean when I create a new GCkey, do I create it in her name?
Yes to both questions.

Is the IMM 5476 Form accepted if she emails me a copy? or do I need to get the original from her?
Signed, scanned, emailed to you is acceptable